Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 01:09 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,217,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
The bottom line is this:

Do you feel safer knowing that everyone is carrying a gun around you, or do you feel safer knowing NOBODY is carrying a gun around you? Yes the cops and criminals will have guns..the question is..do you want everyone to? When you are crowded onto the 6 train..do you feel safer knowing everyone has a gun? Me neither.

And using their logic that more guns = more safety...we should then have all countries have nuclear weapons because somehow that will make us all safer! Yikes! And what happens when everyone has a gun..it basically means nothing since we all have one...so now people have to set the bar higher and carry grenades too! Yes that will make us even safer!

If you feel you need to carry a gun with you to shop at Wal-Mart or eat at Chile's...you have serious issues you need to deal with...and NONE of it has to do with the crime rate. Loading up our society with guns will make our society very unsafe.

I am honestly beginning to think that a significantly smaller than average portion of your brain is being used at any given time.

And yes, that is all that needs to be said. You keep spewing the same ***** after many people call you out on how ridiculous you sound backed up with your straw man drivel. Over and over and over again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 02:32 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,380,404 times
Your personal attacks change nothing. If you feel safer having more people with guns...good for you.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:55 PM

810 posts, read 837,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Your personal attacks change nothing. If you feel safer having more people with guns...good for you.
Tell that to your bronx "bros" who seem to be real fanatics of guns.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:01 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,380,404 times
You should be more concerned about your Wall St "bros" who are busy stripping your home equity...draining your retirement accounts, rigging the stock market, and encouraging corporations to cut employees to improve the stock price. I know where the real problems lie..and once those are fixed..the other problems will fix themselves.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:05 PM

810 posts, read 837,486 times
The Wall Street types and their friends like Bloomberg love it when guns are taken away from ordinary folk. And only the police and thug foot soldiers have them. Doesn't that tell you something?

Old 10-03-2011, 03:10 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,290,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
I am honestly beginning to think that a significantly smaller than average portion of your brain is being used at any given time.

And yes, that is all that needs to be said. You keep spewing the same ***** after many people call you out on how ridiculous you sound backed up with your straw man drivel. Over and over and over again.
Yea it's like he thinks that if you give everybody a gun, there will be anarchy and bloodshed in the streets, despite tons of evidence that shows the contrary....welp, can't do nothing about that....some people are just scared of guns.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:16 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,595,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorofnyc View Post
Again Sobro, I can name a million states that anybody with a steady pulse can own a firearm in that have lower crime rates than states with airtight restrictions so Gun Control can't be the only answer. In order for crime to decrease, the overall quality of life has to increase. There are tons of gun owners in Canada and in many Western European countries, but they also have lower unemployment and a better social safety net for their citizens.
Of course... also they don't have loopholes that allow crazy, dangerous people to get guns... obviously, violence happens in Western Europe and Canada too... but their crime rate is lower.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorofnyc View Post
Yea it's like he thinks that if you give everybody a gun, there will be anarchy and bloodshed in the streets, despite tons of evidence that shows the contrary....welp, can't do nothing about that....some people are just scared of guns.
What evidence?
In which country anyone carries guns and the crime rate is low?
Please tell me: I'm extremely confused...
Somalia?
Also, the gun ownership rate has declined in past 20 years... it doesn't seem to me that the vast majority of americans are carring guns (thanks God!)... maybe in some rednecks area

Old 10-03-2011, 03:24 PM

573 posts, read 1,462,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
obviously, violence happens in Western Europe and Canada too... but their crime rate is lower.
i live in france and yeah gun violence is dramatically lower than in the US, the pjs got all types of guns in their possession but most of the time they let the guns in the cellars and only use them for retaliation or to kill other drugs dealers

Old 10-03-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
The Wall Street types and their friends like Bloomberg love it when guns are taken away from ordinary folk. And only the police and thug foot soldiers have them. Doesn't that tell you something?
Oh-my-God, here we go again with the gun nuts paranoia...
Have you ever thought about the fact that - probably - the vast majority of newyorkers don't own guns because they DON'T like them?
New York is different from flyover America
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City