Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 03:31 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,593,850 times

Advertisements

[quote=GooseNeck;21126588]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Nothing but pure black&white propaganda BS. Totalitarian WWII era European governments of Germany, Italy, Hungary, Romania, USSR enjoyed OVERWHELMING popular support,

So in these Totalitarian governments there was OVERWHELMING popular support for:

Germany- the murder of 21 million people by the government
USSR - the murder of 62 million people by the government

Did you try to write fair tales & Sci Fi also? Sounds like it. What people did government of the USSR and Germany killed & when? Who was doing the killings a handful of SS men or millions of German burgers - soldiers? Were there any wars and/or "cold" civil wars going on at the time of the killings? Would you be pleased if Germans would have come up with the favorite American euphemism "collateral damage" 50 years earlier to justify civil population casualties of WWII? Or you would prefer Germans embracing the civilizator and "we are chosen by God" language of the American Indian fighters & exterminators to justify ethnic cleanings and Jewish population "removal"? Better yet, would you prefer Germans writing German Torah, The New Revelation Reloaded, mimicking a Holy book of Jews with all those ancient references to Godly' Genocide, extermination and land grab by the Jews EXCEPT that Germans are now the chosen ones?

You see you live in the political system made of two virtually indistinguishable parties, whatever dummy you choose it doesn't make any darn difference for the overall "course". It was not so for Germany and USSR in 1930s, both went through the hidden low intensity civil "wars". There was plenty of firearms on both sides of the issue when Hitler was fighting for the supreme power. If German communists could street fight Hitler supporters on equal terms before DEMOCRATIC election of Hitler as a German counselor, the very same communists with the very same weapons were SQUASHED and annihilated by the German state as soon as Hitler came to power. Their arms and bombs did NOT make any difference at all. Thus your insane proposition that hand guns keep state powers in check is just that - DELUSION. And yes, Hitler enjoyed overwhelming support of Germans (up to the point of course), Germans were sick of post WWI deprivations, they just needed a fearless leader showing them the way to glory and lebensraum, at whatever cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 03:35 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,217,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
Have you ever thought about the fact that - probably - the vast majority of newyorkers don't own guns because they DON'T like them?

This is a true statement, and one that I've been saying this whole goddamn thread. One that people like SoBroGuy and the rest of you numb nuts who are having knee jerk reactions simply ignore and continue to ramble on.

Thank you for proving the point that you keep trying to counter.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:41 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,595,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
This is a true statement, and one that I've been saying this whole goddamn thread. One that people like SoBroGuy and the rest of you numb nuts who are having knee jerk reactions simply ignore and continue to ramble on.

Thank you for proving the point that you keep trying to counter.
Tell me: if you love guns, why do you want EVERYONE to love and own guns?
Do you live in NYC?
If not, why do you care about it?

Old 10-03-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Do you live in NYC?

Ok so you don't understand what I'm saying to you. That's fair.

What I'm telling you, very simply, is that even if carrying permits were made easier to obtain legally for upstanding citizens, with clean records; the vast majority of people in this city would not go ahead and get one. There wouldn't be trains full of people who are strapped or families including children who are locked and loaded sitting down to dinner at restaurants. That is pure nonsense talk that one particular poster on here keeps going on about for some strange reason. It's ludicrous, and anyone who knows anything about this city can see that.

And yes I'm from here, and no I'm not some gung ho gun connoisseur.

You understand now?

Old 10-04-2011, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Ok so you don't understand what I'm saying to you. That's fair.

What I'm telling you, very simply, is that even if carrying permits were made easier to obtain legally for upstanding citizens, with clean records; the vast majority of people in this city would not go ahead and get one. There wouldn't be trains full of people who are strapped or families including children who are locked and loaded sitting down to dinner at restaurants. That is pure nonsense talk that one particular poster on here keeps going on about for some strange reason. It's ludicrous, and anyone who knows anything about this city can see that.

And yes I'm from here, and no I'm not some gung ho gun connoisseur.

You understand now?
Pure nonsense?
Ok... it seems to me that trains and restaurants full of people with guns is a gun nuts' fantasy
In fact, is what the NRA is trying to do

Old 10-04-2011, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Pure nonsense?
Ok... it seems to me that trains and restaurants full of people with guns is a gun nuts' fantasy
In fact, is what the NRA is trying to do
I see that you're still having trouble with this. Either that or you're trying to troll me, because the concept I am explaining to you seems damn near impossible to misconstrue.

You're being serious right now?

Old 10-04-2011, 08:19 AM

Actually F that. I literally explained to you what I meant. Either you're a troll or someone who can't understand basic concepts but enjoys putting little emoticon faces all over posts. And if it's the latter, I am sorry about that I truly am.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:44 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,869,518 times
Quote:
Do you live in NYC?
I used to drive a truck and I made many deliveries in to NYC areas. Hunts Point Meat Market, Hebrew National in Maspeth, a couple Kosher Houses in Brooklyn and a place on 125th(?) Street in Harlem. I carried a firearm ( a Federally legal length short shotgun) in my truck for my self defense. I never used a firearm although I had cargo stolen from my truck while I was in it. In that incident the punks had opened my trailer doors and dragged two hind quarters of beef in to their station wagon.

According to New York City and State Laws I was probably committing a felony by carrying a firearm. I say ***** New York. The Second Amendment of the Constitution gives me the right to keep and bear arms ANYWHERE in the U.S.A. Maybe some of you are willing to surrender that right but millions of us are not. I am sure my name is on a LIST being kept by some Government bureaucrat in some cubicle in Washington, D.C. or some other government facility. IF/ When TSHTF some government goons will knock down my door and confiscate SOME of my weapons. There is a FLIPSIDE to that coin however. Lists of people who insist on infringing on the rights of LAWFUL gun owners are probably being kept also.

GL2

Old 10-04-2011, 09:24 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,380,404 times
So the moral of the story is you carry a gun supposedly out of fear/for your protection, you have never used it, and have never had a need to despite being robbed while you were in the truck ands traveling in some of the most notorious hoods.

So this begs the question, why do you feel you need to carry a loaded weapon again? People are dreaming of the Wild West shootouts...they don't exist, and are not as glamorous and "American" as Hollywood would have you believe..yet that is the society gunowners would like us all to have. No thanks.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Actually F that. I literally explained to you what I meant. Either you're a troll or someone who can't understand basic concepts but enjoys putting little emoticon faces all over posts. And if it's the latter, I am sorry about that I truly am.
Take it easy!
Chip on shoulder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City