Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2011, 09:05 AM

86 posts, read 145,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMansBro View Post
Straight from the mouth of the deputy comissioner...After the Nov class, there will not be any negotiations for new hires until June...Sorry for the guys desperately waiting.
That's probably true, but it's still no written in stone. Things change fast with the city.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:44 AM

183 posts, read 291,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMansBro View Post
Straight from the mouth of the deputy comissioner...After the Nov class, there will not be any negotiations for new hires until June...Sorry for the guys desperately waiting.
that really sucks ss!!!!! what was all the running around for? only to have 2 turn around and do everything over again?! no wonder this city is crying broke

Old 11-04-2011, 09:48 AM

337 posts, read 512,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicysanlady View Post
that really sucks ss!!!!! what was all the running around for? only to have 2 turn around and do everything over again?! no wonder this city is crying broke
SanMansBro is correct. I heard the same thing. They said it was to make sure there were no lay offs. In order for there to be no lay offs there has to be a stop in hiring unless extremely necessary.
They should just re-instate the tax on the rich. Why do we pay more taxes than them? Plus we are the ones getting laid off or waiting for a hiring freeze to end for use to have a chance at a good job.
Oh well I guess I just have to wait..... I've waited this long.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:22 AM

183 posts, read 291,342 times
where did you guys hear that?......darlene idk if i fully agree w/u. this might sound strange but i would rather be hired now, under the old contract w 20yrs n out n get laid off.....cuz when hiring starts back ill b the 1st one back in regardless if that list is still in effect and still be covered under the old contract w the option of buying my missed time back.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:26 AM

27 posts, read 37,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by round robin View Post
What about you? July?
August.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:50 AM

245 posts, read 385,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by novemberblues View Post
hopefulsanman. i want my coffee wen i c u at fbf. and batwings u got called? and i told u i was lying but forget that. u good?
unfortunetly no. Good luck bro your the man

Old 11-04-2011, 12:27 PM

184 posts, read 338,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicysanlady View Post
where did you guys hear that?......darlene idk if i fully agree w/u. this might sound strange but i would rather be hired now, under the old contract w 20yrs n out n get laid off.....cuz when hiring starts back ill b the 1st one back in regardless if that list is still in effect and still be covered under the old contract w the option of buying my missed time back.

If you don't complete your probation before they lay you off then they can bring you back under a new pension Tier if they desire

Old 11-04-2011, 03:01 PM

71 posts, read 116,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJU2000 View Post
i wear the Nikes but wear what is comfortable. no one wears construction boots. Not comfortable and awful in the rain.
hold on... we have to work in the rain??!!! just kidding....

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess its a split between hiking vs. construction, with hiking being a more popular choice. Im partial to Nike ACG. Very comfy imo, but not really the most durable. On the other hand, im also partial to Timberland construction style boots. Definitely durable, but not the most comfortable. I think i'll go with the cheapo hiking boots to start, and then decide from there.
For me comfort is a major concern (i hate sore feet). I guess ill have to lay out some cash to get the best of both worlds.

Old 11-04-2011, 03:04 PM

233 posts, read 535,282 times
the super said today there is talk about going full force for veterans day, fri 11/8. with the 2 holidays in the same week, stuff about not being caught up before the weekend.

Old 11-04-2011, 03:16 PM

71 posts, read 116,690 times
one more question about boots, do they have to be a particular color (i.e. black or dark brown)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City