Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2011, 03:28 PM

86 posts, read 145,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETIRED SANMAN View Post
HELLO GUY'S
BACK IN THE 80s WE HAD WHAT THEY CALLED THE CLEAN TEAM THEY WOULD GO AROUND THE WHOLE CITY AND CLEAN WITH THE HAND BROOM'S. THERE WERE 1,500 SANITATIONMEN IN THE UNIT .
Wow, I never heard of that. That's great, interesting. My uncle retired in 1979 and he's told me some stories too.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:13 PM

146 posts, read 259,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
No you dont know what you are talking about. I started this job doing mlp and baskets. Going from district to district just to sweep the streets. I admit that I did complain but usually when it was very cold, very hot or raining. But I did my job and took pride in it. I was just happy to have a job and still happy to have a job. Many people felt and feel the sameway I did and currently do, so no you dont know what your talking about. I dont even believe you are a sanitation worker; because if you were a sanitation worker, you wouldnt be posting on a public forum where everyone sees that sanitation workers did a horrible job doing their job. I dont believe anyone in sanitation is that stupid which is why I know your not a sanitation worker. Most sanitation workers work very hard, if we are picking up garabage or sweeping the streets.
you must be an 04 guy or up. unfortunately worse thing that happened to the job. if you do take pride in the cleaning your few and far between. fact is cleaning was lost cause no one waanted to do it and business districts would rather pay min wage to someone they can bhire for their bids and if they dont do there job they get someone else. I have been around for a while and new guys come on and think they know everything before they throwed in one bag.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:10 PM

86 posts, read 145,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullprick View Post
you must be an 04 guy or up. unfortunately worse thing that happened to the job. if you do take pride in the cleaning your few and far between. fact is cleaning was lost cause no one waanted to do it and business districts would rather pay min wage to someone they can bhire for their bids and if they dont do there job they get someone else. I have been around for a while and new guys come on and think they know everything before they throwed in one bag.
Cleaning was lost because they are trying to do everything they can to get this job done with as least sw's as possible. That's why there's wep's in every district now and they sold part of the snow routes to privates. Most mlp is on city property. I never heard such a thing so ridiculous as what you just wrote about private businesses and hiring people to clean. Privates don't pick up corner baskets either. Wow, that statement is just complete nonsense.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:43 AM

337 posts, read 512,720 times
Hand broom, truck, baskets, what ever they want I will do even if I have to use a stick and bag I have no problem. Just call me and I will do whatever job other's don't want to do. I'll be the new jack sweeping, doing baskets, whatever..........
I just need to get in.
Actually I would prefer sweeping. I'm pretty good doing it at home :-)

Old 11-07-2011, 09:55 AM

103 posts, read 207,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarleneBronx View Post
Hand broom, truck, baskets, what ever they want I will do even if I have to use a stick and bag I have no problem. Just call me and I will do whatever job other's don't want to do. I'll be the new jack sweeping, doing baskets, whatever..........
I just need to get in.
Actually I would prefer sweeping. I'm pretty good doing it at home :-)
Lol. I love your attitude. Can't wait til you make it on.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulSanMan View Post
Lol. I love your attitude. Can't wait til you make it on.
Thanks HopefulSanMan!!!!
From your Mouth to God's Ears!!!!!

Old 11-07-2011, 11:26 AM

They still did not pass my list number. I was told to call back next week Wednesday to see what number they got up to for that week's class. I'm hoping they call passed 155* so that I can finally go forward with working to clear my medical!!!!!!
Starting CDL class on an outside school in queens soon!!
Keeping my fingers crossed for 2012 I guess!!

Old 11-07-2011, 12:59 PM

Going in to fbf next week for the november class. Outta curiosity if one had a hook when would be the right time to use it for garage assignment

Old 11-07-2011, 02:03 PM

233 posts, read 535,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulSanMan View Post
Going in to fbf next week for the november class. Outta curiosity if one had a hook when would be the right time to use it for garage assignment

tell them NOW!

Old 11-07-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnikk View Post
tell them NOW!
Thanks. I'll let em know tomorrow. Don't know if it'll make a difference but if it keeps a si guy from trekking to the bronx its worth a try. Not that I have anything against the bronx. Its just the long commute and the toils. Oh well whatever it is it is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City