Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2011, 06:45 PM

28 posts, read 51,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
You have no clue what you are talking about. DSNY is under man power which is why charts were being made daily in many districts during the summer. In my district last year we had more equipment then manpower to work on it during the snow. This year people retired and no one replaced them. Hopefully my district will get some in the next class. The 300 that was hired this year is replacing the sanitation workers who retired this past year.
I do know what I'm talkin about I don't know where you're from but queens guys are always coming to my district and districts. In nk north cuz there is no room for them plus the city would rather pay over time than hire New guys as per tony rodriguez my business agent.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:21 PM

876 posts, read 2,144,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trudun View Post
I do know what I'm talkin about I don't know where you're from but queens guys are always coming to my district and districts. In nk north cuz there is no room for them plus the city would rather pay over time than hire New guys as per tony rodriguez my business agent.
Then why dont they send queens guys to districts like mine instead of giving charts. You are right the city would rather pay charts then hire more men but when snow comes around there arent enough men to man the equipment which is one of the reasons why they hired the 300.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:24 PM

85 posts, read 138,758 times
Dsny sanman is right we are at the same amount of people as last year when the snow hit. Even with us new 300 San men at least that what my shop steward told us.

Old 11-05-2011, 10:27 PM

86 posts, read 145,232 times
Quote:
Then why dont they send queens guys to districts like mine instead of giving charts. You are right the city would rather pay charts then hire more men but when snow comes around there arent enough men to man the equipment which is one of the reasons why they hired the 300.
Not only that, barely any mlp or baskets anymore. This job changed a lot even over the last few years. There were people on baskets and mlp everyday a couple of years ago in my garage, now barely ever. Lets see what happens this snow season.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Who cares if they assign charts I love charts that's extra money in my pocket enjoy it while its there cuz once they mass hire that's it and guys will complain why there's no overtime. Aside from lack of man power there's no mlp orhandbroom cuz junior guys were bitchin too much and never.wanted to do mlp or hand broom and they did a horrible job they'd rather hide and b/s than do a good job . That's why we have a lot more weps goin out. don't u see a lot of districts.got new wep vans they'd rather have weps do hand broom. Last year harry.told.Goldsmith we need more men for cleaning Goldsmith said ill give u more Weps. We have to take pride in our jobs if there is spillage clean it up just because we are unionized doesn't mean we shouldn't do this or take that on collection . And u know what I'm talkin about DSNYSANMAn

Old 11-06-2011, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Who cares if they assign charts I love charts that's extra money in my pocket enjoy it while its there cuz once they mass hire that's it and guys will complain why there's no overtime. Aside from lack of man power there's no mlp orhandbroom cuz junior guys were bitchin too much and never.wanted to do mlp or hand broom and they did a horrible job they'd rather hide and b/s than do a good job . That's why we have a lot more weps goin out. don't u see a lot of districts.got new wep vans they'd rather have weps do hand broom. Last year harry.told.Goldsmith we need more men for cleaning Goldsmith said ill give u more Weps. We have to take pride in our jobs if there is spillage clean it up just because we are unionized doesn't mean we shouldn't do this or take that on collection . And u know what I'm talkin about DSNYSANMAn

The reason there is no mlp is because junior guys complained? No, there are more wep workers bc it's cheap. That's it. The problem is, wep workers can not drive a coll. truck around and do baskets, mlp, street dirt...

Old 11-06-2011, 07:05 AM

876 posts, read 2,144,719 times
Quote:
No you dont know what you are talking about. I started this job doing mlp and baskets. Going from district to district just to sweep the streets. I admit that I did complain but usually when it was very cold, very hot or raining. But I did my job and took pride in it. I was just happy to have a job and still happy to have a job. Many people felt and feel the sameway I did and currently do, so no you dont know what your talking about. I dont even believe you are a sanitation worker; because if you were a sanitation worker, you wouldnt be posting on a public forum where everyone sees that sanitation workers did a horrible job doing their job. I dont believe anyone in sanitation is that stupid which is why I know your not a sanitation worker. Most sanitation workers work very hard, if we are picking up garabage or sweeping the streets.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:10 AM

Quote:
No you dont know what you are talking about. I started this job doing mlp and baskets. Going from district to district just to sweep the streets. I admit that I did complain but usually when it was very cold, very hot or raining. But I did my job and took pride in it. I was just happy to have a job and still happy to have a job. Many people felt and feel the sameway I did and currently do, so no you dont know what your talking about. I dont even believe you are a sanitation worker; because if you were a sanitation worker, you wouldnt be posting on a public forum where everyone sees that sanitation workers did a horrible job doing their job. I dont believe anyone in sanitation is that stupid which is why I know your not a sanitation worker. Most sanitation workers work very hard, if we are picking up garabage or sweeping the streets.
He is prob a sanman, just doesn't really understand much about the job but thinks he does. He's just confused and has a bad attitude, eventually he'll learn and look back and realize some things. I personally would rather see more guys hired and have jobs and contribute towards union dues, then make my chart a little more often. There's strength in numbers.

Old 11-06-2011, 10:00 AM

At the end if the day I took the test on 03 I'm in my 7th year and I've got a lot of seniority where I am in bk north I have nothing to prove to anyone about whether I'm on the job or not .

Old 11-06-2011, 10:28 AM

289 posts, read 747,013 times
Default The clean team

Quote:
Originally Posted by round robin View Post
Not only that, barely any mlp or baskets anymore. This job changed a lot even over the last few years. There were people on baskets and mlp everyday a couple of years ago in my garage, now barely ever. Lets see what happens this snow season.
HELLO GUY'S
BACK IN THE 80s WE HAD WHAT THEY CALLED THE CLEAN TEAM THEY WOULD GO AROUND THE WHOLE CITY AND CLEAN WITH THE HAND BROOM'S. THERE WERE 1,500 SANITATIONMEN IN THE UNIT .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City