Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2011, 06:32 PM

87 posts, read 125,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsny23 View Post
Does anyone know just how high they got up to for the october class? i know i heard list numbers in the 1400's but wonder if there are any higher ? thanks.
1493 was the highest but you got to take in also that there were people left behind from lower list #'s bc no cdl but now they have.. they get called before 1494 is called.. I am pretty optimistic Nov happens also. idk why, jus a gut feeling..

Old 10-22-2011, 07:05 PM

112 posts, read 195,090 times
im in the 1100's n i ppl in the 900's and alot from 1000 to 1400 alot alot that r bankin on this nov.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:07 PM

their getin to high 1600's no way goin pass 1700's theirs way to many ppl from 900 to 1400 that r waiting

Old 10-22-2011, 08:28 PM

i just wrote a letter on the computer to bloomberg. i know its crazy and probably wont be read, but hey it cant hurt. i suggest other ppl do as well. caz u never know. he cud be sittin their thinkin and on his screen have 20 letters from us and maybe change his mind. i know its a dream. but theirs ppl out their that hit the powerball. maybe we will too

Old 10-22-2011, 10:05 PM

360 posts, read 736,043 times
I was one of the higher list num to make Oct based on going out on my own and getting my Cdl I knew that day june 07 when taking the test I wanted to work for the Dsny so I went out and got it on my own so I knew if they needed to do a quick spurt of highering I'll at least have ability to sort be ready for the call.. Guys you will get the call 2 more years until expires.. Even if nov is cancelled you will still get a call sit tight...

Old 10-22-2011, 10:41 PM

24 posts, read 46,771 times
This is more than just rumors everybody. A few days ago the garage shop Stewart told everyone in my garage that there would not be a November class , and we will have to make due with what we have. This does not at all mean there won't be any more classes , just not when it was planned . Be patient because you will all be getting in !! Most of the people posting are giving you great info , but don't get cought up with people who believe they know it all and locker room lawyers. That will not reflect on you very well. If anyone would like to win the lottery tonight I will let you know the numbers to play when I find out tomorrow ! LMFAO The union is working every day to get everyone hired , and they WILL but not at all costs which is to YOUR BENEFIT

Old 10-23-2011, 12:16 AM

86 posts, read 145,105 times
Remember one thing. They hired private contractors to work in the snow this year coming up. No one seems to have mentioned that here. They did this a long time ago. People to cover the terxiery routes in the snow. Those are the third routes that are plowed after the primary and secondary routes are complete. Writing letters wont change a thing, reputation wont change a thing, nothing will change what is done. It is more complicated than we would think. It's all politics. I heard last month Nov was cancelled. I hope somehow it's still on for your guys sake. God bless!

Old 10-23-2011, 02:44 AM

116 posts, read 240,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by novemberblues View Post
i just wrote a letter on the computer to bloomberg. i know its crazy and probably wont be read, but hey it cant hurt. i suggest other ppl do as well. caz u never know. he cud be sittin their thinkin and on his screen have 20 letters from us and maybe change his mind. i know its a dream. but theirs ppl out their that hit the powerball. maybe we will too
It's posts like this that confuse me. Novemberblues, you have been insisting that you KNOW FOR A FACT that the November class is on. You have hinted that you have a source high up in sanitation that assured you. And now you are writing a letter to the mayor hoping he will change his mind????? Why??? I thought you knew for sure, remember?

I think what you are doing here is dangerous. Leading people to believe you have some inside info, if you don't know for sure I, for one, would suggest you stop saying you do, because it's giving everyone false hope. That's not to say that I don't think there will be a class, I still hold out hope because I think the mayor is up against a wall here & needs to make sure he has enough men for any thing that happens this winter, but please stop acting like you KNOW when it's clear by your latest post that you don't

Old 10-23-2011, 03:54 AM

360 posts, read 736,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by novemberblues View Post
You will learn quickly your only a number .... and I get you November your very optimistic .. More even so I'm denial .. If it happens it happens I agree with post above .. Don't make people feel high and low.. Your sounding like a pumper.. Again noone knows for sure the answer so just take a deep breath and relax and again "You are only a #" best of luck..

Old 10-23-2011, 08:33 AM

28 posts, read 51,139 times
November blues is some what fanatic if u get on acting like that guys will stay clear of u . You are not even on the job and you discount what our shop stewards are telling us . At the end of the day my fellow sanitation workers know what I'm talking about the city dies what it wants when it wants it doesn't care about cost. Example our new dc and dd trucks cost 250000 a piece why? Because they are good for the environment. Even though they get that from capital spending.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City