Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2011, 12:51 PM

40 posts, read 71,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarleneBronx View Post
I'm going to call for the CDL class in my area but I need the Medical certificate to take the class in a regular driving school right?
So I have to make a DR. appointment first for the Doctor to fill out the medical certificate.
Plus I still have not heard word about my medical clearance from DSNY medical department. That's what I'm worried about. I'm not sure if the letter from my doctor was enough as they requested. Was it accepted and I am cleared medically or not? That's the question that I'm trying to get the answer to but there is no one I can get a straight answer from.
Here's a good school: Queens Trucking Auto school 718-626-6260
Tell them u got there number from Sanitation u may save a few bucks and they may get u a sooner road teat date. I used them when I failed my road test and got a road test 10 days later. They also have a small box truck so no need for all the bus endorsements. Good luck.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:08 PM

112 posts, read 195,163 times
theres no way at this point u can judge it by that. the ppl at hr told me thats its possiable for them to call nov 7 and have the class still for the 14th so that whole way of thinkin is out the window for this class. nething thing cud happen neway they want it to

Old 10-26-2011, 02:00 PM

337 posts, read 512,703 times
That's the form I have in my hand to take to the doctor so she can fill it out.
Do I need to do anything with it after the doctor fills it out?

Old 10-26-2011, 02:06 PM

Thank you guys for the help!! I'm going to do it but I still need to pray for my medical to clear ASAP!!!! I don't want to fall through the holes and be forgotten. It may sound dumb but this is all I want to be now and I can't believe a low iron on one blood draw is keeping my from this!!! I wish I could just find out already if the letter from the doctor was accepted or not already. That way I could see what I have to do next or if this is the end for me. I really hope it is not!
Has anyone ever been rejected medically then cleared to work when they went through pre-employment? or am I just wishing and hoping for something that will never happen for me!?

Old 10-26-2011, 02:06 PM

231 posts, read 466,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarleneBronx View Post
I'm going to call for the CDL class in my area but I need the Medical certificate to take the class in a regular driving school right?
So I have to make a DR. appointment first for the Doctor to fill out the medical certificate.
Plus I still have not heard word about my medical clearance from DSNY medical department. That's what I'm worried about. I'm not sure if the letter from my doctor was enough as they requested. Was it accepted and I am cleared medically or not? That's the question that I'm trying to get the answer to but there is no one I can get a straight answer from.
I took my CDL through Ferrari Draving school with no medical certificate. I told them i needed my CDL to work for sanitation. But i did have to get the P (passenger) endorsement to take it on a school bus.

Last edited by SJU2000; 10-26-2011 at 02:09 PM.. Reason: add info

Old 10-26-2011, 02:19 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,063,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJU2000 View Post
I took my CDL through Ferrari Draving school with no medical certificate. I told them i needed my CDL to work for sanitation. But i did have to get the P (passenger) endorsement to take it on a school bus.

Same here, I got my CDL from a different private driving school, they never asked me to get the medical card.
That guy who gave Darlene the advice must have misunderstood the NYS DMV website.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJU2000 View Post
Oh I did not get passenger endorsement nor the medical certification. I guess I should just get my primary doctor to fill out the medical certification.
What do I need to do with the paper after the doctor fills out the medical certification?
I'm going to try and get the CDL while I wait for word on my medical clearance.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
Same here, I got my CDL from a different private driving school, they never asked me to get the medical card.
That guy who gave Darlene the advice must have misunderstood the NYS DMV website.
Do you thing I can go to a school for my CDL without a medical certificate and without passenger endorsement?
I only have tank and air break endorsement on my CDL "B" Class permit.
Is that enough to go to a school for my CDL outside of DSNY?

Old 10-26-2011, 02:44 PM

103 posts, read 207,887 times
Consider yourself lucky. The call info page at the nys dmv website is clear. You need that certificate unless you are driving municipal or school vehicles. It was even brought up at fbf. If they didn't ask for it that'd cool. What of they ask her for it? I failed my road test with sanitation. Took it again with queens trucking school. They asked if I had out and so did the examiner in maspeth for my second test

Old 10-26-2011, 02:49 PM

Is the CDL road test easier to take in a bus rather than in a truck?
Which is easier? Does it make a difference which vehicle you take the test in?
Does it affect your CDL license which vehicle you use for your test?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City