Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2011, 01:03 PM

103 posts, read 207,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarleneBronx View Post
Thank you Hope!!! I guess it's back to DMV for me! UGH!
I still could not get an answer about my medical status!!! I'm running out of time!!
Hang in there. Things have a way of working out even when nothing seems to be going right. Just gotta keep a positive attitude and bide your time. If you don't make it in this next class, if there is one, you should be good for the next one. This list is still good til what is it 2013.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:04 PM

38 posts, read 68,457 times
Darlene take it easy . Let me ask you something what's your list number . I am in the October class we ask all the time about nov . To be honest there has not been any official. Word on it. as far as the CDL class there are only 13 people taking it right now. When I took it there were 40. So if you can get it on your own go for it as far as nov goes for you or any one that does not have it already chances are slim to none, keeping in mind that is if there is even a class . we want nov to happen just as much as all you guys do. You guys come on in nov we have seniority right now we are the bottom guys. keep hope alive and do what ever you have to do to prepare yourself do when you do get the call you are ready . God bless and good luck .

Old 10-27-2011, 01:06 PM

38 posts, read 68,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulSanMan View Post
Hang in there. Things have a way of working out even when nothing seems to be going right. Just gotta keep a positive attitude and bide your time. If you don't make it in this next class, if there is one, you should be good for the next one. This list is still good til what is it 2013.
Feb 2014

Old 10-27-2011, 02:14 PM

231 posts, read 466,198 times
Quote:
You are correct next week is the last CDL I was told!
November 15th is the start of night plow. They need to get the extra man power out of FBF.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:39 PM

337 posts, read 512,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisnyc View Post
Darlene take it easy . Let me ask you something what's your list number . I am in the October class we ask all the time about nov . To be honest there has not been any official. Word on it. as far as the CDL class there are only 13 people taking it right now. When I took it there were 40. So if you can get it on your own go for it as far as nov goes for you or any one that does not have it already chances are slim to none, keeping in mind that is if there is even a class . we want nov to happen just as much as all you guys do. You guys come on in nov we have seniority right now we are the bottom guys. keep hope alive and do what ever you have to do to prepare yourself do when you do get the call you are ready . God bless and good luck .
I'm in the fifteen hundreds and I was supposed to be in the CDL class that started on 10/17/2011 but was taken off because there was a problem with my medical. I was asked to go to my doctor and have a repeat blood draw followed by a letter from my doctor clearing me to work without restrictions. Which I did and my doctor sent the letter but I have not been cleared my DSNY medical yet. I'm so stressed out!!! In the mean time I guess I have to get some money together return to DMV and get my CDL on my own! I'm going to add the medical certificate plus the "S" and "P" on my permit for the cdl outside. Please God Help me!!
I'm ready willing to do any job DSNY wants to give me. I will sweep, drive, wash, whatever! I will start on the bottom and eventually work my way up. I just need to get in first! I'm just as desperate as the next "GUY" to get in. I'm trying my best that's all I can do.
Thanks everyone for your advice!

Old 10-27-2011, 03:05 PM

8 posts, read 16,154 times
Quote:
I'm in the fifteen hundreds and I was supposed to be in the CDL class that started on 10/17/2011 but was taken off because there was a problem with my medical. I was asked to go to my doctor and have a repeat blood draw followed by a letter from my doctor clearing me to work without restrictions. Which I did and my doctor sent the letter but I have not been cleared my DSNY medical yet. I'm so stressed out!!! In the mean time I guess I have to get some money together return to DMV and get my CDL on my own! I'm going to add the medical certificate plus the "S" and "P" on my permit for the cdl outside. Please God Help me!!
I'm ready willing to do any job DSNY wants to give me. I will sweep, drive, wash, whatever! I will start on the bottom and eventually work my way up. I just need to get in first! I'm just as desperate as the next "GUY" to get in. I'm trying my best that's all I can do.
Thanks everyone for your advice!

This job sucks..its nothing what you think it is..keep looking and keep your head up Theresa alot better job than this

Old 10-27-2011, 03:18 PM

337 posts, read 512,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmen1313 View Post
This job sucks..its nothing what you think it is..keep looking and keep your head up Theresa alot better job than this
Trust me where I am and where I've been, DSNY is a glamorous job.....especially with it's pay and benefits!!! To ensure my kids' future DSNY is the best. I would be the proudest working as one of DSNY's Strongest. Pride in Green.
I have a whole new respect for the Sanitation workers I see every day. I have as much respect for someone in a sanitation truck as in NYPD vehicle. (not someone sitting in the back of a NYPD vehicle.) ;-)

Old 10-27-2011, 03:49 PM

112 posts, read 195,111 times
batwings. i think ur right i dont disagree but wat about the fact of payin those san man to go their and train ppl and also thats were all their new trucks r. u dont think esspecially if they need ppl that they wud throw the trucks and the manpower back out their asap? i dunno jus a thought

Old 10-27-2011, 06:15 PM

24 posts, read 46,773 times
Sanmen1313 , if you think this job sucks so much then quit so one of the people waiting can take your spot ! I know I'm not giving up mine. The job is what YOU MAKE OF IT. Sorry to hear you think it sucks, but let them decide for themselves

Old 10-27-2011, 07:26 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,063,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ][cE$ToRm View Post
Sanmen1313 , if you think this job sucks so much then quit so one of the people waiting can take your spot ! I know I'm not giving up mine. The job is what YOU MAKE OF IT. Sorry to hear you think it sucks, but let them decide for themselves
People like him don't have the balls to resign, some people are just more
miserable then others in life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City