Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2013, 03:51 AM

116 posts, read 240,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreen6275 View Post
Not sure how or why a sanworker would be part of this. Any promotion from sanworker is done from a list that was established from an exam. Same as when we were hired. It's not done by appointment. I'd imagine the only people with a legit beef is supers who wanted to be deputy chiefs.
^^^^^ Exactly!! The discrimination in the suit that was linked here has nothing to do with a test being unfair or being passed over when they have a list number. The discrimination they are talking about is promotions where there are NO TEST. Promotions based on a who you know, recommendations from other chiefs etc.... Any gripe that a san worker had ( if there are any any all) would have to be in a separate suit. What that guy was saying was that this suit would effect everything in the dept, which is untrue. This suit will not affect hiring. Even in the fdny suit which WAS charging the test was biased, it didn't stop other promotions within the dept, it just stopped the hiring.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:14 AM

24 posts, read 46,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiBoogie View Post
Very sad to hear of anyone losing this job . But not sad about xfdnyems being terminated. #norespectforthemenandwomenotj
Hate to hear of anyone getting fired , but just remember they did not lose this job - They threw it Away !!!!!

Old 02-28-2013, 11:58 AM

5 posts, read 11,129 times
Good Afternoon
Not sure if this is where I should be posting but anyone know when the next sanit worker test comes up if it even does?

Old 02-28-2013, 01:38 PM

52 posts, read 115,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candice76 View Post
Good Afternoon
Not sure if this is where I should be posting but anyone know when the next sanit worker test comes up if it even does?
Sanitation Exam 3070

Old 02-28-2013, 04:10 PM

876 posts, read 2,142,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitinginBklyn View Post
^^^^^ Exactly!! The discrimination in the suit that was linked here has nothing to do with a test being unfair or being passed over when they have a list number. The discrimination they are talking about is promotions where there are NO TEST. Promotions based on a who you know, recommendations from other chiefs etc.... Any gripe that a san worker had ( if there are any any all) would have to be in a separate suit. What that guy was saying was that this suit would effect everything in the dept, which is untrue. This suit will not affect hiring. Even in the fdny suit which WAS charging the test was biased, it didn't stop other promotions within the dept, it just stopped the hiring.

Well I know as a fact that the supvisors and super promotion exams are being put on hold because of the lawsuit. I just dont understand how an exam on garbage collection can be baised. I have seen only a hand full of asian sanitation workers and never asians claim bais.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:42 PM

30 posts, read 62,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greaterthangatsby View Post
I saw on the DCAS site the other day sanitation exam open for filing march 6th and now it appears to be gone. I told a bunch of people to file. I wonder if they put it on hold now...

Old 03-02-2013, 09:23 PM

116 posts, read 240,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiG View Post
I saw on the DCAS site the other day sanitation exam open for filing march 6th and now it appears to be gone. I told a bunch of people to file. I wonder if they put it on hold now...
I found it. I googled exam 3070 sanitation http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloa..._nextmonth.pdf

It says the filing starts march 6 & the exam is July 6 2013

Old 03-03-2013, 10:31 AM

308 posts, read 517,882 times
has anyone heard anything from fbf about classes in spring? a buddy that works at q7 said he heard june classes

Old 03-03-2013, 02:59 PM

246 posts, read 593,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitinginBklyn View Post
I found it. I googled exam 3070 sanitation http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloa..._nextmonth.pdf

It says the filing starts march 6 & the exam is July 6 2013
I only see it on the link you posted but not on the DCAS page..

Old 03-03-2013, 03:33 PM

30 posts, read 62,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by offwing View Post
I only see it on the link you posted but not on the DCAS page..
Yea like I said it was definitely on the dcas site, but they removed it. Kinda sucks.. I need some seniority!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.