Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 03:43 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,930,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr555 View Post
dirt bikers in harlem..i always wish a horrible slow death from an accident toward them
As do many people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 02:09 AM

3,244 posts, read 5,241,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Because that involves WORK on their part.
Considering the demographic of the riders, you'd be outraged if they were stopped & frisked by the NYPD.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:18 AM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,522 posts, read 2,244,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
The dudes on dirt bikes really bother me. This has gotten worse in last 5 years or so. Dirt bikes should not be ridden in the city. They are super loud and are driven recklessly. Plus it's so annoying. Anyone riding those is almost always guaranteed to be a certified premium d-bag. "Hey look at me riding a dirt bag through the city." Your suppose to ride that through mountain trails dummy!!!
Gotta say that I agree. Im an avid sportbike rider and the dirtbike crew that rolls down 8th ave. in Harlem gets on even my nerves. Im all for ridin but they take the cake. I keep waiting to see a taxi smash one of em....its comin.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:01 AM

431 posts, read 659,793 times
I live on Amsterdam Avenue uptown and hear these bikes all night long. Something has to be done before someone gets hurt or killed again...

Old 04-19-2013, 11:48 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,377,113 times
I have noticed them also, and I think alot of the dirt bike street thing is a Dominican thing for some reason. They like driving them around...maybe it is a more common mode of transportation in DR and they are adapting that here. I find it to be completely unacceptable that the NYPD allows dirt bikes, unregistered, with no insurance, driven lots of time by underage kids, on our streets. I dont care that if you chase them down it is a risk....there is more of a risk having more and more loose on the streets!!

These people know cops dont chase or bother, so more and more do it...see a problem here? Not enforcing the law because of a potential lawsuit is a totally unacceptable answer from the NYPD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! I suspect if Ray Kellys grandchild were killed by one of these dirt bikes, the NYPD would be enforcing the law...funny how that works huh? And I repeat RAY KELLY HAS TO GO.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
I have noticed them also, and I think alot of the dirt bike street thing is a Dominican thing for some reason. They like driving them around...maybe it is a more common mode of transportation in DR and they are adapting that here. I find it to be completely unacceptable that the NYPD allows dirt bikes, unregistered, with no insurance, driven lots of time by underage kids, on our streets. I dont care that if you chase them down it is a risk....there is more of a risk having more and more loose on the streets!!

These people know cops dont chase or bother, so more and more do it...see a problem here? Not enforcing the law because of a potential lawsuit is a totally unacceptable answer from the NYPD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! I suspect if Ray Kellys grandchild were killed by one of these dirt bikes, the NYPD would be enforcing the law...funny how that works huh? And I repeat RAY KELLY HAS TO GO.
In Harlem it is never Dominicans. Don't know about elsewhere.

It isn't primarily or only about law suits, but public safety. We saw the police chase the dirt bike riders many times, not recently because they no longer do it. The little thugs do anything to get away - speed on the sidewalks, wrong way on a street, anything - putting everyone around in danger. Last year, one of them hit two children while doing tricks near the sidewalk and then tried to escape by speeding right into pedestrians.

They explained this at many precinct meetings.

And the reason ...? One of them explained that it keeps them from robbing and shooting on the streets.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:15 PM

43 posts, read 76,734 times
Most show their face while riding. It would not be difficult to put up a camera, film them riding, post up their picture with a small reward for info on who they are.

Go to their home, arrest/ticket them and impound their bikes.

They have to store the bikes someplace...

Old 04-19-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLjustLOL View Post
Most show their face while riding. It would not be difficult to put up a camera, film them riding, post up their picture with a small reward for info on who they are.

Go to their home, arrest/ticket them and impound their bikes.

They have to store the bikes someplace...
That's exactly what the police are trying to do here - find where they hide the bikes.

Old 04-20-2013, 03:53 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,367,456 times
seems fun

The Real BIKE LIFE: The A$VP Ty Y Way - YouTube

Old 04-21-2013, 05:57 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,244,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post

No dirt bikes arent particularly popular as means of transportation in DR, although alot of people are into motocross. In any case ive seen blacks, and pr on them as well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City