Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2013, 10:37 AM

916 posts, read 2,247,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goeffrey View Post
lol, people still trying to make trayvon martin out as a victim. he wasn't any different from the guys who beat up the dude int he car.
Disagree, Trayvon martin wasn't doing anything illegal before he was confronted by an overzealous man
who have no rights to question and follow him. And died because of it, that makes him a victim.

If you must compare, you got to compare Trayvon martin to the SUV driver instead. They were both
minding their own business until they were both confronted by trouble created by others.

Old 10-03-2013, 10:38 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,048,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Um, check back to my earlier posts. I said this BEFORE I knew the races of either party.

I thought the bikers and SUV person were white actually.
And you posted before you read any of this on the news too.

Old 10-03-2013, 10:40 AM

206 posts, read 223,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydata View Post
Disagree, Trayvon martin wasn't doing anything illegal before he was confronted by an overzealous man
who have no rights to question and follow him. And died because of it, that makes him a victim.

If you must compare, you got to compare Trayvon martin to the SUV driver instead. They were both
minding their own business until they were both confronted by trouble created by others.
he was doing something illegal when he assault zman, and he got shot. End of story. He could have just ran away, he was obviously more quick than ZMan, insterad he choose to attack Zman and teach him a lesson.

You act like if somebody is rude to you or asks you a question when you aren't doing anything illegal, you got the right to beat the hell out of them, ground n pound them in the heads on the sidewalk. That is some dumb logic.

Old 10-03-2013, 10:41 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,029,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebyz View Post
And you posted before you read any of this on the news too.
I sided with the bikers before I knew what their race was.

Unlike you, I'm not a racist.

Old 10-03-2013, 10:41 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,540,907 times
I don't even think this was a racial thing. The sad thing about this entire incident is that individually, a lot of these bikers are probably just regular dudes, with jobs and family. However, when you get hundreds of them together, the testosterone kicks in, it becomes Lord of the Flies on wheels and all hell breaks loose. In the video, a lot of the bikers are actually passive, with only a few actively being thuggish. The mob mentality takes over and you get caught up in moment.

Having said that, I have no sympathy for any of those MFs. Everyone is responsible for their own actions. I will not shed a tear if that thug dies or never walks again. I'll be pissed knowing that somehow my taxes are subsidizing his existence.

Old 10-03-2013, 10:43 AM

206 posts, read 223,676 times
it would be racial if the bikers were white and the driver a minority. at least to our media. LOL they'd be talking about hate crimes and the bikers getting more jail time b/c it was a hate crime.

Old 10-03-2013, 10:44 AM

2,189 posts, read 2,606,291 times
The DA should have thrown the book at as many thugs as possible just to show that these actions aren't acceptable but instead they let them go with minimal bail ... makes no sense ...

Old 10-03-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I sided with the bikers before I knew what their race was.

Unlike you, I'm not a racist.
haha you r clearly the one. Again thank god for the video or else the racists would have a field day marching in the streets.

Old 10-03-2013, 10:48 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,540,907 times
The NYPD won't label this a racial incident.. too much work, and no one cares about asians.

However, this would be a totally different story if it was a white, blonde transplant family from Kansas that was terrorized.

Old 10-03-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
The NYPD won't label this a racial incident.. too much work, and no one cares about asians.

However, this would be a totally different story if it was a white, blonde transplant family from Kansas that was terrorized.
Agreed, especially with the lack of Asian public figures.

But the incident has at least as much to do with the fact that they were young and driving a mid to high end luxury vehicle. Young+$$+Asian gets a certain group of people fuming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City