Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2013, 05:50 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Wrong-O. You can see in the video clearly (although you do have to squint & focus just a bit) that they gather around the car. In the 2nd meeting, the front right tire isn't there at all: they've already been slashed. If the tires had been slashed in the final meeting, the tires would be merely flat....not lacking all rubber.

Again: LiveLeak.com - Photos NYC Bikers terrorize family in SUV

The rim is completely bare. That means the rubber has been obliterated by the driving. That means the tire had been compromised before he was driving. That means that they slashed his tire at the initial altercation.

Again, I am posting this, copied from a Facebook/Liveleak post:

"As a trucker that would deliver in north jersey and New York I am familiar with these gangs. I can hopefully clarify a few things. First the initial "accident" is part of a game they play. They ride in a huge group and will operate together to slow down traffic. Next they pick out high end vehicles targeting people with families in them, the targets will usually be white or Asian. Then one of the riders will do a "brake check" and stop suddenly in front of the target vehicle causing a minor bump. In some cases they will just roll back into their target vehicle. They will then mob the vehicle demanding money and or begin attacking the person inside. It is their practice to also slash the tires to prevent the vehicle from escaping. Truckers are well aware of them and are advised not to stop. You can clearly see in the video how they are well practiced in this style of attack. The police in NY have backed off them after an officer ran one down using his vehicle a few months back. The video was all over the net so I advise you to check it out. These "bikers" ride dirt bikes and sport bikes very few of which are street legal and even fewer have plates. They run red lights, stop signs, and have no regard for the law. If you are ever in this situation do not stop, immediately call the police and do whatever you have to to keep them from boxing you in. NEVER leave the scene of an accident if you are not under direct threat!!! Only run if you have no other choice, and again immediately call the police. This is not rare by any means, the only reason this incident got any attention is because of the helmet cam video being posted on the net. If you see anyone in this situation, call the police. Make no mistake confusing these punks with true bikers. You will rarely if ever see a member of these gangs on a Harley. Do not for a minute blame true bikers for this kind of behavior. Bikers like those involved in the 2 million Bikers to DC Rally are American Patriots and would be among the first to come to your aid. A final note, always be aware of motorcycles and share the road. Check your mirrors and don't ride anyone's bumper, motorcycles have a much smaller profile then a car and are harder to see."

The individuals that surrounded Mr. Lien slashed his tires. Anyone who doesn't see that has some serious issues with their critical thinking skills.
Quoted and repped. I belong to an MC for years and what that truck driver posted is the truth. We know about these scumbags, the general public does not. We ride Harleys for the most part and we live by a certain code, we truly do not bother anyone and are the first to run and help people in need if we come across it. Alot of us are some of the most intimidating looking guys you will ever see and we do not take sh*t but like I said, we are very live and let live. These rice rocket guys are pack animals, they look to swarm and take over the road to stunt and cause mayhem. They love to brake check and cause minor "accidents" with regular people in nice cars just like he posted " but we don't need to go through insurance, just gimme cash" Belt Parkway is famous for this the closer to Queens you get and Southern State in Nassau. I will also add they definitely stay away from us and they know exactly why, or should I say they felt why Please know the difference between real bikers and these douchebags on wheels, especially the dirt bikers like that one in the video smashing the window with his helmet. I would love to fight that guy, you have no idea. His "toughness" would escape him real quick, piece of sh*t...

Old 10-03-2013, 05:57 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,030,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Please know the difference between real bikers and these douchebags on wheels, especially the dirt bikers like that one in the video smashing the window with his helmet. I would love to fight that guy, you have no idea. His "toughness" would escape him real quick, piece of sh*t...
He's so "tough" and coordinated that he dropped his helmet at first. Mr. Lien should've taken that chance to gun it in reverse. There's always next time.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:04 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Even if the driver committed a hit and run, which is indeed a crime, beating someone up like that is also a crime. It doesn't matter whether the bikers are middle class or ghetto or whatever. They committed crimes and endangered the public.
I agree. I never said it wasn't, but people are acting like they dragged him out the car and whupped his ass for "no reason". There was a reason, but it doesn't absolve either party from criminal charges.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:06 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
This incident is drawing huge attention of growing problem across America. The police depts across the country will use the video as training material and leverage so they can get more resources to deal with these situations.

Most of the incidents are ignored by police because the don't have the resource or training to deal with a large number of biker gangs and politicians just dismiss request for resource as just "kids with bikes roaming the streets."

It's a huge problem that will get national attention, there are many good bikers but there are many thugs that uses these events like flash mob events to get away with breaking the law and just to create mayhem.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
He's so "tough" and coordinated that he dropped his helmet at first. Mr. Lien should've taken that chance to gun it in reverse. There's always next time.
A lot of NYers would've hit the gas and go reverse 1st to create room and then floor it and take out as many. Unfortunately he went the wrong way. I would've went towards the Manhattan.

Obviously the guy who shot the video was smart enough to stay within range in case something happens.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:19 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,864,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Most of the incidents are ignored by police because the don't have the resource or training to deal with a large number of biker gangs and politicians just dismiss request for resource as just "kids with bikes roaming the streets."
This is not the case for NYC. The NYPD got a huge upgrade in terms of training and equipment after 9-11 so they definitely had the means to contain this biker gang. What happened to all that surveillance, communication, and transportation (including air) gear that they received, in large part with federal money? Why didn't they use it? These bikers should've been easy to tail considering that they weren't concealing themselves. A case of poor judgement by the police, that's what it was.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:22 PM

37,104 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
These bikers have been here for years without incident. NYPD never had a problem until this video.
No, it's an ongoing problem the NYPD is aware of. They did it last year, too. Similar incidents are happening in other areas of the country. I can imagine it is a nightmare for the police, because they cannot monitor every freeway on ramp. They did arrest some people who were trying to block ramps and prevent people from getting on the freeway.

Quote:
If the SUV guy wouldn't have honked his horn he never would have got the beatdown that he did AFTER mowing down another biker.
I haven't been to NYC very often, but I seem to remember honking horns were a lot more common there than in my neck of the woods. Honking your horn does not make you deserve getting brake checked or beaten up and knifed.

Quote:
Everybody seems to be ignoring the fact that there were OTHER cars on the SAME highway that were NOT banging their horn and just kept it moving, because they knew it would soon be over and the bikers would be on their way. For some reason, the SUV guy wanted to be Billy Bad A__, but didn't have the artillery in his car to back it up. Sucks for him.
You obviously have not looked at that video very closely. There are no other vehicles on the highway until about four minutes into it, when the bikers have stopped a white van and are using it to block the road. As the video proceeds, the person making the video waves to encourage more bikers to come up the ramps. There are one or two vehicles on the ramps who are stopped before entering the highway --- with bikers next to the cars.

You might want to go back and really see that video. Disregard the chase. Tell me how many other cars you see.

The bikers wanted everyone off the freeway so they could use it for their playground. Mr. Lien was targeted, surrounded, and forced to stop. His wife and child were in that car. In order for him to have been injured, Mieses had to be in the mob that was attacking the SUV. His own stupidity got him hurt. Mieses, by the way, has never had any kind of driver's license and has had multiple arrests for driving infractions.

Mr. Lien did no more than any prudent father and husband would do. He protected his family, luckily driving a large enough vehicle to make his escape.

Quote:
Everybody (bikers included) handled this situation wrong

The bikers provoked it. Mr. Lien did nothing wrong.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:29 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,213,191 times
Quote:
Wrong-O. You can see in the video clearly (although you do have to squint & focus just a bit) that they gather around the car. In the 2nd meeting, the front right tire isn't there at all: they've already been slashed. If the tires had been slashed in the final meeting, the tires would be merely flat....not lacking all rubber.
I don't think the front right was slashed in the initial meeting, but it was probably damaged. You see the one biker pull around front of the SUV and slow down (probably bounced off the front bumper, but you don't quite see contact), then you see him stop. A bunch of them surround the SUV, you can't see what exactly they're doing, and then you see the SUV break out and run over someone; the driver continues on the highway without any drama (burning rubber, sparks, obvious cant of vehicle) so while the front right might have been damaged it wasn't completely flat or gone yet.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
This is not the case for NYC. The NYPD got a huge upgrade in terms of training and equipment after 9-11 so they definitely had the means to contain this biker gang. What happened to all that surveillance, communication, and transportation (including air) gear that they received, in large part with federal money? Why didn't they use it? These bikers should've been easy to tail considering that they weren't concealing themselves. A case of poor judgement by the police, that's what it was.
That's why I think he should've went backwards towards the city, most of the surveillance cameras are in Manhattan. The driver was too timid, If I had a rover I can do a couple of donuts with that thing and nobody is getting close to me. He want to run instead of put up a fight. He could keep those thugs away from his car until the police arrives.

Anyways, I've had my experience with bikers and the best thing to do is avoid getting surrounded and show them who's the boss especially with a bigger car.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:36 PM

863 posts, read 1,129,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
That's why I think he should've went backwards towards the city, most of the surveillance cameras are in Manhattan. The driver was too timid, If I had a rover I can do a couple of donuts with that thing and nobody is getting close to me. He want to run instead of put up a fight. He could keep those thugs away from his car until the police arrives.

Anyways, I've had my experience with bikers and the best thing to do is avoid getting surrounded and show them who's the boss especially with a bigger car.
I'm sure, at that point, the driver only thought about getting away. You probably would too if you were in that situation. Also, his tire(s?) were slashed, so I don't think the SUV would've been capable of those maneuvers. Besides, if he put up a fight, his self-defense might turn into assault with a deadly weapon. Lien did the right thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City