Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2013, 08:29 AM

863 posts, read 1,129,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
And the question is - why don't they try this stunt along Cross Bay Blvd., Katonah Ave., Arthur Ave.? Surely police presence in those areas are no better than elsewhere in NYC.
Well, they did Times Square last year:

Hollywood 2012 Block Party (Time Square footage) - YouTube

Old 10-03-2013, 08:33 AM

7,296 posts, read 11,866,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post
Well, they did Times Square last year:
Precisely. They could do it in TS but not Cross Bay. Wonder why...

Old 10-03-2013, 08:44 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
Didn't the NYPD chief said there was over 200 phone calls about this? Also it was noted last year these same group clogged up times square causing a mess.

Allegedly, the bikers closed the ramps on the entrances on the West Side highway so they can do their tricks. So in theory, there is little other cars to witness the drama between the Ranger Rover & the bikes......except the infamous vid cam posted up
So is it the police not being willing or not being able to do something about it? Are they that overworked? I'm not trying to be difficult, I just had no idea this kind of stuff goes on. I can see how there wouldn't be many other cars to witness if they are closing the entrance ramps. It just blows my mind that they get away with this!

Old 10-03-2013, 08:54 AM

8,695 posts, read 11,084,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
So is it the police not being willing or not being able to do something about it? Are they that overworked? I'm not trying to be difficult, I just had no idea this kind of stuff goes on. I can see how there wouldn't be many other cars to witness if they are closing the entrance ramps. It just blows my mind that they get away with this!
see my links in Post #226

I personally don't get NYPD's stance on this. After last year in times square, I would assume they had a year to think about this.

NYPD MUST do something about this going fwd. As reported...taking gas away from them isn't the answer. Mass traps of nets and heavy handed punishment IS the way to stop them.

This whole thing really bugs me because this can happen to almost any of us....many of the vids are taken at places I driven dozens of times.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:57 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
The cops have to be willing to do some heavy lifting. Busting a 16 year old kid for reefer doesn't qualify.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:59 AM

268 posts, read 480,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
And this is a regular occurrence?!

I think everyone needs to stop calling these a##holes "bikers." They are nothing more than thugs who got what they deserved. They are the stereotypical bully who is big and bad until someone stands up to them, then they whine and cry about being a victim. Those dbags would be laughed out of town if they ever showed up here for a REAL biker rally.

I agree.

When I think of "bikers"... I think 1%ers who are patched-up - not silly guys on silly crotch rockets doing silly tricks.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:09 AM

At some point, doesn't this gathering is classified as a illegal parade? Couldn't every thug biker be arrested in partaking an illegal parade? I believe that is the easy way to arrest them all. (refer to times square vid in post #293)

Also it interesting how some of the bikers really believe they were the victims...that could explain why the biker who took the vid continue to take the infamous video all the way to start of the beating.....perhaps he thought the video would prove the bikers were all victims and innocent....just a possible theory of mines

Old 10-03-2013, 09:11 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,029,752 times
Quote:

I personally don't get NYPD's stance on this. After last year in times square, I would assume they had a year to think about this.

NYPD MUST do something about this going fwd. As reported...taking gas away from them isn't the answer. Mass traps of nets and heavy handed punishment IS the way to stop them.

This whole thing really bugs me because this can happen to almost any of us....many of the vids are taken at places I driven dozens of times.
Jeez. You people are afraid of EVERYTHING.

These bikers have been here for years without incident. NYPD never had a problem until this video.

If the SUV guy wouldn't have honked his horn he never would have got the beatdown that he did AFTER mowing down another biker.

Everybody seems to be ignoring the fact that there were OTHER cars on the SAME highway that were NOT banging their horn and just kept it moving, because they knew it would soon be over and the bikers would be on their way. For some reason, the SUV guy wanted to be Billy Bad A__, but didn't have the artillery in his car to back it up. Sucks for him.

Everybody (bikers included) handled this situation wrong.

But you can always tell who the fraidy cats are in a thread by how much they "insist" the police DO SOMETHING about EVERYTHING. Good lord man, grow a freaking pair!

If this scaredy cat crap keeps up, New York City is going to have to change its name to "New Punk City" soon.

Last edited by marilyn220; 10-03-2013 at 09:36 AM..

Old 10-03-2013, 09:14 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
Quote:

Wow. SMH.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Jeez. You people are afraid of EVERYTHING.

These bikers have been here for years without incident. NYPD never had a problem until this video.

If the SUV guy wouldn't have honked his horn he never would have got the beatdown that he did AFTER mowing down another biker.

Everybody seems to be ignoring the fact that there were OTHER cars on the SAME highway that were NOT banging their horn and just kept it moving, because they knew it would soon be over and the bikers would be on their way. For some reason, the SUV guy wanted to be Billy Bad A__, but didn't have the artillery in his car to back it up. Sucks for him.

Everybody (bikers included) handled this situation wrong.

But you can always tell who the fraidy cats are in a thread by how much they "insist" the police DO SOMETHING about EVERYTHING. Good lord man, grow a freaking pair!

refer to post #278 & #282

Can you not see the illegal moves they do? Its not safe to the public. Blowing red lights, riding on sidewalks, no helmets, ATVS, no plates, etc etc

As noted the ones depicted on these vids aren't bikers.....I personally knows real bikers...many are law abiding citizens.

I personally have a modified sports car...is ok I start closing up west side highway & do some drag racing? So some crazy weaving in & out of traffic like its grand theft auto? perhaps take my car on sidewalks & mow down some people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City