Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2013, 01:02 PM

448 posts, read 685,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
http://edge.liveleak.com/80281E/ll_a...ee&ec_rate=230

According to this picture, the tires are gone. GONE. That means they slashed the tires before he even moved. Tires don't just disappear like this. They got slashed before he started driving. Driving on them meant he would obliterate the rest of the rubber.

They started the encounter. They escalated the encounter by slashing his tires & threatening him before he had a chance to do anything at all, such as obtain insurance information.

It's their fault, they hold responsibility for it 100% & they are liable for everything.

End of story.

The exact story is plain as day on the Internet. Are you kidding me?
The picture is dark. I see nothing.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:04 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,048,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goeffrey View Post
How did he make it so far with slashed tires? I thought this was like an 1 hour chase or something.
I guess there's a reason the suv costs 60k+ even the rims are heavy duty.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:04 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,031,823 times
We must all band together & find justice for the Range Rover violated in this heinous crime!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justi...18479728166870

Old 10-02-2013, 01:06 PM

206 posts, read 223,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungLove21 View Post
They were all hispanic. Did you base that on skin color? Because there are dark hispanics.

Ok, well my point still stands. If whites had targeted Hispanic couple in SUV, media would have been talking about hate crime.

You go out of your way to make a point that doesn't change anything which is funny to me.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
I will assume NYPD will be thinking hard to prevent any gathering in the future. NYPD is aware...after last year's complaint...seems like they didn't do anything about it this year around. I am not sure why NYPD would think its a risk to civilians...now some people get hurt...its a ugly lesson which could have been avoided.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/02/ny...=nyregion&_r=0

What Should You Do When A Violent Motorcycle Mob Surrounds Your Car?: Gothamist

"We had over 200 calls just on Sunday about this particular group operating in a reckless manner,” Mr. Kelly said. "

Reckless dirt bike and motorcycle riders are a frequent problem in New York City, and the NYPD seems powerless to do anything about. One law-enforcement source tells the Post that officers have been ordered not to chase after large biker groups, because of the risk to civilians.
Sounds like grounds for a huge lawsuit against the city. Being a Columbia alumni I'm sure there will be plenty of high powered lawyers from his alma mater begging to take his case.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:11 PM

448 posts, read 685,361 times
Quote:
Ok, well my point still stands. If whites had targeted Hispanic couple in SUV, media would have been talking about hate crime.

You go out of your way to make a point that doesn't change anything which is funny to me.
If you're going to point out an ethnicity to make a point, you should make sure you have the right ethnicity. That's all..

Have a good day

Old 10-02-2013, 01:15 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,031,823 times
Quote:
How did he make it so far with slashed tires? I thought this was like an 1 hour chase or something.
The chase lasted exactly 5 minutes and 25 seconds. Why don't you do some research before opening your mouth?

And a car can go quite far with slashed tires, especially when the driver is running on adrenaline and fearing for his family.

Again: http://edge.liveleak.com/80281E/ll_a...ee&ec_rate=230

On the other hand, I would love to know what the driver of that white Ford van was thinking and where they are today. They can easily be called in as a witness. (can't see the license plate on that van at all in the video)

Old 10-02-2013, 01:16 PM

2,770 posts, read 3,540,907 times
Asians are never victims of hate crime... you silly people.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:16 PM

206 posts, read 223,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungLove21 View Post
If you're going to point out an ethnicity to make a point, you should make sure you have the right ethnicity. That's all..

Have a good day
The point was about minorities and how the media thinks crimes against them by whites are worse somehow than crimes by minorities against white people.

You didn't disprove my point.

I don't think this was a racist incident but it is fun to point these things out and I know it gets you leftwingers all stirred up b/c you know it is true.

And I think some of them were black including the Cruz guy who got the thing rolling there.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:

I don't think there's enough Asian Americans working in media for them to care. At the same time Asian Americans don't have enough voting power and wouldn't publicly make a big deal out of this. Being a target is nothing new and life goes on. I hope the suv driver breaks the city's bank with a huge lawsuit to make a point. At least I would know that my tax dollars would be well spent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City