Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2008, 04:08 PM

335 posts, read 747,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAPES24 View Post
My Garage has a pool with a swim-up bar, Lounge chairs, and an all you can eat lunch buffet on Wednesday.
what garage is that? I better get assigned there

Old 08-08-2008, 04:16 PM

289 posts, read 746,195 times
Default Keep it in the 831 union family

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMansBro View Post
Never happen.Soon as they start to pull that **** (which they already tried in the past from what I heard) everyone will slow down.I really dont think Im "broadcasting" information to people who dont already know what goes on.If you think management and the higher ups arent aware of this, you need to get a reality check.You cannot determine how long a person should take to do a job like this.Theres too many elements when you leave that garage.Traffic, weather, amount of trash, all kinds of **** happens while your out there.
LISTEN LESS SAID IS BETTER,YES MANGEMENT KNOW'S THIS JOB THEY LIVED IT BEFORE THEY BECAME A BOSS.HARRY THE UNION PRESIDENT HAS SAID FOR MANY YEAR'S WE FLY UNDER THE RADAR FOR A REASON ,"WE ALL KNOW THE REASON "THERE ARE SOME WHO WOULD LIKE TO TEAR US DOWN PLEASE DON'T BRAG ABOUT THE JOB EXPECT TO SAY IT'S A GREAT JOB. "LOOSE LIP'S SINK SHIP'S." GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:46 PM

246 posts, read 593,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMansBro View Post
Never happen.Soon as they start to pull that **** (which they already tried in the past from what I heard) everyone will slow down.I really dont think Im "broadcasting" information to people who dont already know what goes on.If you think management and the higher ups arent aware of this, you need to get a reality check.You cannot determine how long a person should take to do a job like this.Theres too many elements when you leave that garage.Traffic, weather, amount of trash, all kinds of **** happens while your out there.
Another reason you don't want to be broadcasting what go's on there is Someone with MORE time then your bro could look to transfer into that garage knocking him one step down the ladder .Hell what happen's if 10 people now see what go's on there and transfer that would not be to good for him.
Oh and as for that whole slowing down thing trust me it doesn't always work .This job is changing day by day week by week and it hasn't always been for the better .I think people who have gotten some time on will agree with me .

Old 08-08-2008, 04:50 PM

289 posts, read 746,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by offwing View Post
Another reason you don't want to be broadcasting what go's on there is Someone with MORE time then your bro could look to transfer into that garage knocking him one step down the ladder .Hell what happen's if 10 people now see what go's on there and transfer that would not be to good for him.
Oh and as for that whole slowing down thing trust me it doesn't always work .This job is changing day by day week by week and it hasn't always been for the better .I think people who have gotten some time on will agree with me .
OH YEA

Old 08-08-2008, 04:58 PM

656 posts, read 1,412,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kochise View Post
question for the guys that just got OTJ.
how are the garages? do they all have weights, pool tables, lunch rooms, lockers,etc...?
also, how is everyone finding the commute? do most of you have cars? are the garages easily accessible by train/bus?

good luck.
1 love.
M3 has a pool table and a ping pong table!

Old 08-08-2008, 04:58 PM

128 posts, read 224,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kochise View Post
question for the guys that just got otj.
How are the garages? Do they all have weights, pool tables, lunch rooms, lockers,etc...?
Also, how is everyone finding the commute? Do most of you have cars? Are the garages easily accessible by train/bus?

Good luck.
1 love.

i live in staten island and ive been goin to bronx 5....if i drive it gets expensive 20$ just in tolls. It only takes me a half hour...if i take the bus and train it take almost 2 hours.. Maybe more i forgot but im saving money for now...i dont know what yourt situation will be but in mine im gonna sacrifice nd wake up early for the extra 100$ a week for now..

Old 08-08-2008, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSICandidate View Post
60 hours and 3 minutes until we arrive at FBF for Day 1 of the rest of our lives.

I wanted to thank everyone who is already on the job and those from the July class who have helped the August class prepare for this moment.

I still would like to hear from the rest of the guys and see which of the healthcare options you selected?

ghi-blue cross blue sheild its 0.00$ and there a carve out for individual i believe its $1.39
and just under i think 3 or 4 bucks for family

Old 08-08-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vituccio13 View Post
i live in staten island and ive been goin to bronx 5....if i drive it gets expensive 20$ just in tolls. It only takes me a half hour...if i take the bus and train it take almost 2 hours.. Maybe more i forgot but im saving money for now...i dont know what yourt situation will be but in mine im gonna sacrifice nd wake up early for the extra 100$ a week for now..

how is it $20 in tolls? no one to carpool with? i carpool with 3 other guys from SI to Bx1 and we pay $5 in tolls each round trip

Old 08-08-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
how is it $20 in tolls? no one to carpool with? i carpool with 3 other guys from SI to Bx1 and we pay $5 in tolls each round trip

nope im the only si guy in bronx 5.....8 bucks for GWB 2.20 for NJTP both ways and goethals

Old 08-08-2008, 05:13 PM

FOR ALL MY STATEN ISLAND BROTHERS AND SISTERS:

http://www.mta.info/bandt/html/SIR%2...der%20Form.pdf
Staten Island Resident Discount (http://www.mta.info/bandt/html/siresidt.htm - broken link)

its $55.92 for a 24 ticket book = $2.33 per round trip on the Verrazano!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City