Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 11:22 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,460,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Vegan pancakes lol
Is the syrup vegan?

Old 05-11-2014, 11:39 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,976,918 times
Someone who is not a local would believe Bed Stuy and Bushwick are predominantly 'white new comer' neighborhoods, but in reality they are just a growing minority. Most are in western Bushwick near Williamsburg. They do exist in the east of Bushwick near the Junction, Glendale and Cypress Hills but the number is smaller.

I drove through Bushwick around 1:30 am today and I saw new comers around Central Ave & Linden St around those shops there and in a group of 10. There are times I've seen them even deeper, pushing the boundaries of my neighborhood.

Old 05-11-2014, 12:31 PM

503 posts, read 899,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
If Harlem became 100% black professionals who dressed like adults, spoke properly, didn't scream out to their boys down the block constantly, didn't congregate on street corners with hoods up lookin sketchy and bumpin not even good rap into all hours of the night; just went to work and/or school and spent leisure time as any normal functioning adult does.....I can promise you that the overwhelming majority of people would not "dismiss it as still ghetto because the residents are still black". People would just view it as a black neighborhood.
Yep

Old 05-11-2014, 01:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,615 times
My sister and I defy the typical newcomers to Bedstuy. We are both African-American college educated young women. We own two poodles and were raised in the suburbs. Bedstuy attracted us because we adored the brownstones and the history here. But let's be honest, we also heard about the Zagat rated restaurants and local coffee shops opening up. We have lived here for close to a year and can honestly say it still has a long way to go. The 5am baby-mama drama fights down the block, the persistent God-awful music blasting at all hours, the 2-3 ppl begging for a swipe at the train every morning, etc. The trash on the street is the WORST. The city put in trash cans for a short time but they had to be removed because of all the dumping. It makes me upset.
Not all of it is bad, though. The friendliness while walking down the street, a nice slice of fried chicken, and plenty of street parking helps a bit!
Im still holding out for the major turnaround. I know it's coming....but it could come quicker!!!!

Old 05-11-2014, 03:16 PM

34,104 posts, read 47,323,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaydigsy View Post
My sister and I defy the typical newcomers to Bedstuy. We are both African-American college educated young women. We own two poodles and were raised in the suburbs. Bedstuy attracted us because we adored the brownstones and the history here. But let's be honest, we also heard about the Zagat rated restaurants and local coffee shops opening up. We have lived here for close to a year and can honestly say it still has a long way to go. The 5am baby-mama drama fights down the block, the persistent God-awful music blasting at all hours, the 2-3 ppl begging for a swipe at the train every morning, etc. The trash on the street is the WORST. The city put in trash cans for a short time but they had to be removed because of all the dumping. It makes me upset.
Not all of it is bad, though. The friendliness while walking down the street, a nice slice of fried chicken, and plenty of street parking helps a bit!
Im still holding out for the major turnaround. I know it's coming....but it could come quicker!!!!
Thank you for the realness...and welcome to Brooklyn

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-11-2014, 04:46 PM

675 posts, read 1,256,934 times
Real estate brokers need to throw up a disclaimer when they chime in on gentrification-related threads

Old 05-11-2014, 06:53 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,776,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
There are no projects in Bushwick.
I grew up in bushwick projects on Flushing Ave and Bushwick in the 80s/90's. What nonsense are you spewing.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullnyc View Post
I grew up in bushwick projects on Flushing Ave and Bushwick in the 80s/90's. What nonsense are you spewing.
Lol I'll let you handle this one. He doesn't know Brooklyn....

Old 05-11-2014, 07:50 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,976,918 times
Those 3 floor buildings that were perhaps place along Central Ave a decade ago are Pj's no ?

Old 05-11-2014, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMassa View Post
Those 3 floor buildings that were perhaps place along Central Ave a decade ago are Pj's no ?
Yeah they are NYCHA...they're still there...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City