Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2015, 12:17 AM

8,572 posts, read 8,541,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Proof that there are all these lonely professional Black women?

Again it's amazing that even to Blacks that Blacks are the borg. Black women apparently have to individualism. They are just the angry college educated Black woman, and no man wants this beast according to you.

You cannot lump the prospects of all college educated Black women together. Some women are a lot prettier than others, and others have more money. All of this affects marriage prospects.

Your post is somewhat offensive and you seem to have issues with Black women if you want to dump them together as one ENTITY.

Whatever the stats, clearly there are Black women who marry interracially and there are Black women who marry Black men.

As for the college educated Black women, they do not earn more than Black men. People who work in low level office jobs make less money than people working in sanitation or other low level civil service jobs (full of Blacks) that you LOATHE so much.

Oh NYCHA females get humped and dumped and their boyfriends tend to be in and out of jail. So it's not like welfare moms have good or stable relationships..

And the stats I posted early still showed that average Black male salary is above that of the average Black woman and they included ALL BLACKS in those figures.

There are a lot of fat Black women and that probably lowers their chances. Degree or no degree, looking like a walrus, a pig, or hippo will lower your chances.

A skinny, beautiful educated Black woman can have her choice of man of any race.
This debate is about college educated black women, so why bring in NYCHA? The black women who complain about difficulties in developing stable relationships are almost never the less educated ones. They usually do not expect those sort of relationships, given the baggage that less educated men often bring.

1. Of all college educated women, black women are the least likely to get married, the least likely to have kids, and the least likely to be in a committed relationship.

2. Black women are also the least likely to marry interracially, with the only group with similar characteristics being Asian men. One can argue as to whether black women are less interested in interracial marriage, or that non black men are less interested in black women, but the reality is that black women are the least likely of any group, including black men, to marry interracially.

3. Black women are twice as likely to graduate college than are black men. Given that college educated women tend to prefer college educated men, and that black women are less likely to marry interracially then clearly college black women are more likely to be lonely.

4. A college educated woman probably doesn't want a truck driver, regardless as to what his income might be. So whether black men who lack college education out earn college educated black women (something I doubt, given that black men with no college education are concentrated in low wage jobs) is moot. The women not only look at income, but also whether they will share interests and will be socially and intellectually compatible.

5. Black men tend to be under represented in good paying blue collar jobs, so your comparison of the sanitation worker is irrelevant.

6. Black men are usually less interested in skinny women. Even slim black women are curvy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
And I'm the lucky bastard that has exactly that. And it's been like that for a very long time in my case, educated black women apparently love white and hispanic men. Time after time I had to hear why they will not date black men, educated or not. .....

Yet black women don't marry white or Hispanic men. Check any statistic on interracial marriage and you will see this. In fact even those who marry non black men, often do after not meeting the right black men. The point being that this doesn't appear to be their first choice.

Did it dawn on you that maybe YOUR wife has those problems (hatred of other blacks) and attracts black women like that, so that you are being exposed to a biased sample.

But black women have the lowest levels of interracial marriage and I really don't detect a huge appetite for white or Hispanic men.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:26 AM

[quote=NyWriterdude;40573893]Black Women

There's an article on Black women and obesity. Every time I see a white, asian, hispanic, Indian or non Black dude with a Black woman she is always SKINNY and PRETTY!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because non black men have a preference from boney, skinny females with bodies like boys.

Black men like a slim woman with CURVES and a BUTT.

You need to research the high levels of eating disorders among white women and the psychological pressures of being skinny.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:23 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,619,738 times
Black man here.

Two masters degrees.

Traveled the world.

Been lucky to work with several millionaires and highly visible people over the last few years.

I say all of this to get my point across that I am no thug.

I've seen and experienced a lot.

Black Women.......

NO ONE CARES WHO YOU DATE.

STOP IT WITH THESE IGNORANT.......ATTENTION SEEKING THREADS.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:08 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Yet black women don't marry white or Hispanic men. Check any statistic on interracial marriage and you will see this. In fact even those who marry non black men, often do after not meeting the right black men. The point being that this doesn't appear to be their first choice.

Did it dawn on you that maybe YOUR wife has those problems (hatred of other blacks) and attracts black women like that, so that you are being exposed to a biased sample.

But black women have the lowest levels of interracial marriage and I really don't detect a huge appetite for white or Hispanic men.
Again you go ahead with your portrayal of Blacks as the borg (devoid of minds or individuality).

Some Black women marry white or hispanic men. Some black women marry Asian or Indian men. It does not matter what the percentage is or how low it is, it happens.

I've seen a lot of Black women with White or Hispanic men in NYC these days.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:09 AM

[quote=caribny;40589128]
Quote:
Black Women

There's an article on Black women and obesity. Every time I see a white, asian, hispanic, Indian or non Black dude with a Black woman she is always SKINNY and PRETTY!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because non black men have a preference from boney, skinny females with bodies like boys.

You need to research the high levels of eating disorders among white women and the psychological pressures of being skinny.

Or maybe you just can't get these skinny Black women who have their choice of men of any race. Perhaps your own looks aren't all that.

For the record I'm a Black man who likes men, so clearly not all Black men have the SAME TASTE.........

And I do date interracially.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:58 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,246,876 times
Maybe its anecdotal but the black woman white man combo does seem to be on the rise. I see more of these kind of couples last few years than I ever remember seeing. Just yesterday I saw a couple in Harlem with what I presume was their mixed adolescent son. She wasn't pretty by the way, not ugly either just regular.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Maybe its anecdotal but the black woman white man combo does seem to be on the rise. I see more of these kind of couples last few years than I ever remember seeing. Just yesterday I saw a couple in Harlem with what I presume was their mixed adolescent son. She wasn't pretty by the way, not ugly either just regular.
Statistically it has risen it isn't just anecdotal.

CaribNY is just JEALOUS!

Old 07-28-2015, 11:24 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,672,866 times
Quote:
Black Women

I think you lost a lot of credibility in your own stance when you made these generalizations. In another thread about unfair police profiling on black men, you said as an educated black man, you deserved to be treated like a unique individual separate from the criminals you read in the news. And here, you want us to believe all black men think alike, like a monolithic block as someone mentioned. So which one is it?

Old 07-28-2015, 12:11 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,931,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
I think you lost a lot of credibility in your own stance when you made these generalizations. In another thread about unfair police profiling on black men, you said as an educated black man, you deserved to be treated like a unique individual separate from the criminals you read in the news. And here, you want us to believe all black men think alike, like a monolithic block as someone mentioned. So which one is it?
This person has also said that nobody ever moves here from other states given the easier process for obtaining benefits.

Then, the other day, in response to me once again describing this scenario, argued that it has been happening "forever" and is therefore nothing new.

I don't understand it either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City