Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2015, 09:16 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
The issue is that 2X as many black women are college grads as black men.

Black men are 2x as likely to marry interracially than black women.

Black men are more prized as symbols of something than are black women, and are therefore more accepted/sought after by non black women, than are black women prized by non black men.

Add all of that up and you end up with lots of lonely and angry college educated black women. Don't think that the NYCHA females have this problem.

One should not be surprised then at some of the posts that we see hear. The notion that "every black men is lusting after a non black women" (75% of young black men marry black women), or the notion "that black men are all gay, or in jail."
Proof that there are all these lonely professional Black women?

Again it's amazing that even to Blacks that Blacks are the borg. Black women apparently have to individualism. They are just the angry college educated Black woman, and no man wants this beast according to you.

You cannot lump the prospects of all college educated Black women together. Some women are a lot prettier than others, and others have more money. All of this affects marriage prospects.

Your post is somewhat offensive and you seem to have issues with Black women if you want to dump them together as one ENTITY.

Whatever the stats, clearly there are Black women who marry interracially and there are Black women who marry Black men.

As for the college educated Black women, they do not earn more than Black men. People who work in low level office jobs make less money than people working in sanitation or other low level civil service jobs (full of Blacks) that you LOATHE so much.

Oh NYCHA females get humped and dumped and their boyfriends tend to be in and out of jail. So it's not like welfare moms have good or stable relationships..

And the stats I posted early still showed that average Black male salary is above that of the average Black woman and they included ALL BLACKS in those figures.

There are a lot of fat Black women and that probably lowers their chances. Degree or no degree, looking like a walrus, a pig, or hippo will lower your chances.

A skinny, beautiful educated Black woman can have her choice of man of any race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 09:17 PM

Quote:
That is true NOW. It wasn't 20 years ago, when many co-ops found reasons why even high income blacks weren't suitable. Melanie Griffith can tell you all about that when her Spanish boy toy wasn't seen as suitable in a tony UWS coop.

We are living TODAY in NYC, not 20 YEARS ago.

The ONLY color that matters NOW is GREEN!

Enough green and you will have a spouse, a place to stay, access to good medical resources, and everything else that you need.

Not enough green and life is going to suck.

Old 07-26-2015, 10:35 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,349,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Proof that there are all these lonely professional Black women?

Again it's amazing that even to Blacks that Blacks are the borg. Black women apparently have to individualism. They are just the angry college educated Black woman, and no man wants this beast according to you.

You cannot lump the prospects of all college educated Black women together. Some women are a lot prettier than others, and others have more money. All of this affects marriage prospects.

Your post is somewhat offensive and you seem to have issues with Black women if you want to dump them together as one ENTITY.

Whatever the stats, clearly there are Black women who marry interracially and there are Black women who marry Black men.

As for the college educated Black women, they do not earn more than Black men. People who work in low level office jobs make less money than people working in sanitation or other low level civil service jobs (full of Blacks) that you LOATHE so much.

Oh NYCHA females get humped and dumped and their boyfriends tend to be in and out of jail. So it's not like welfare moms have good or stable relationships..

And the stats I posted early still showed that average Black male salary is above that of the average Black woman and they included ALL BLACKS in those figures.

There are a lot of fat Black women and that probably lowers their chances. Degree or no degree, looking like a walrus, a pig, or hippo will lower your chances.

A skinny, beautiful educated Black woman can have her choice of man of any race.
Let them know!!

Old 07-26-2015, 10:54 PM

Black Women

There's an article on Black women and obesity. Every time I see a white, asian, hispanic, Indian or non Black dude with a Black woman she is always SKINNY and PRETTY!

It's not just about looks, these women are at much higher risk of heart attacks and strokes due to being too fat. Diabetes too. So who wants to be with a sickly woman who looks like Miss Piggy, Miss Walrus, or Miss Hippopotamus?

Again a skinny, beautiful Black woman with a job (especially if educated) is going to have her choice of men of all races.

Pretty girls aren't lonely. Fat, ugly girls on the other hand..............

Old 07-26-2015, 11:06 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Black Women

There's an article on Black women and obesity. Every time I see a white, asian, hispanic, Indian or non Black dude with a Black woman she is always SKINNY and PRETTY!

It's not just about looks, these women are at much higher risk of heart attacks and strokes due to being too fat. Diabetes too. So who wants to be with a sickly woman who looks like Miss Piggy, Miss Walrus, or Miss Hippopotamus?

Again a skinny, beautiful Black woman with a job (especially if educated) is going to have her choice of men of all races.

Pretty girls aren't lonely. Fat, ugly girls on the other hand..............
NYC is an amazing city. I have been to dozens of cities across the country and see and meet plenty of overweight women alone. Also much of America is very outdoorsy and has a better work and leisure environment. NYC does not have this and weight can be easily piled on the ladies. Here in NYC big women are never alone. I actually known a Bbw from LA she went to the new school. She had more men in NYC than her whole entire life in LA. Big girls here in NYC get plenty of action. In other parts of America this is not possible. Even big educated women have options and will not de compartmentalized for a man to meet their standards or higher.

Old 07-26-2015, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
NYC is an amazing city. I have been to dozens of cities across the country and see and meet plenty of overweight women alone. Also much of America is very outdoorsy and has a better work and leisure environment. NYC does not have this and weight can be easily piled on the ladies. Here in NYC big women are never alone. I actually known a Bbw from LA she went to the new school. She had more men in NYC than her whole entire life in LA. Big girls here in NYC get plenty of action. In other parts of America this is not possible. Even big educated women have options and will not de compartmentalized for a man to meet their standards or higher.
That's good to hear.

Old 07-26-2015, 11:30 PM

Quote:
The issue is that 2X as many black women are college grads as black men.
I know college grads who are hysterical that fast food workers will make more than them now that the fast food minimum wage is going up to $15 an hour!!!

Many people who just have BAs end up doing LOW paid CLERICAL work!

The better paying jobs that require a good education often require advanced degrees. People getting advanced degrees are a minority is all ethnic and racial groups.

As NYC attracts students and professionals from all around the world I don't think there's a shortage of Black males with degrees or professional degrees.

Old 07-26-2015, 11:57 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,733 times
Default Is it that low?

Quote:
Originally Posted by queensgrl View Post
I think you misinterpreted my meaning. I wasn't referring to uneducated people. I meant people without Bachelor's degrees. There are lots of black people (many women, actually) in that category with good, not necessarily civil service jobs in NYC.
If a person doesn't have a Bachelor's degree or higher, they are considered uneducated, yes? If not, what is your definition of "educated", a high school diploma? That was impressive in 1952 when President Truman was in office, a loaf of bread was 16 cents, and carton of milk was 96 but we're living in 2015. Good God, is that bar that low?

Old 07-27-2015, 06:44 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,837 times
Quote:
And I'm the lucky bastard that has exactly that. And it's been like that for a very long time in my case, educated black women apparently love white and hispanic men. Time after time I had to hear why they will not date black men, educated or not. Some of it was economic but most was because they considered them unfaithful or low class. Hip hop culture as well, no matter how educated you are if you act like a thug when your not at work, not interested. Don't shoot the messenger, but that's what's been said.

I'm just a blue collar Italian guy, and whether it's my personality, looks, or body type I never had a problem dating black women. Even hood chicks back in the day. These girls are down with the swirl, no lie. My wife knew I was the one the moment we met and vice versa. So to the OP if your looking for white men, they are out there and they will love you. Just don't be afraid to approach them, some need a kick in the ass to make the first move lol. Good luck....

Old 07-27-2015, 09:35 AM

193 posts, read 282,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I think NYC is better as far as men being more open-minded about dating plus sized women, but on average, I think the South is most accepting, as obesity rates are highest there. LA from what I heard is VERY image conscious, so unless you're super thin and attractive, dating options are limited, regardless of race/educational background. I know tons of people who moved to LA and come back to the East Coast at least 10-15lbs smaller. Fitness and being thin is super big out there.

As far as Black women and weight and how it limits their dating options, that is very true. Most college educated Black women will have a better chance dating both educated Black men/men of other races if they're thin and attractive. Black men in general are more open minded about dating larger women, but even still there's a limit to that. I would say that the ideal size for Black men is between a size 8-12 for a woman, and for White men/Asian men is a size 2-6. Ironically, the average American woman is a size 14. I also think body shape also can dictate that, as most Black men prefer the hourglass/pear shape, which most Black women have, whereas White men tend to like busty women who have more a straight figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City