Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 01:15 AM

8,572 posts, read 8,541,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
How come people like you who say blacks are being treated differently than other people NEVER mention why a big reason that happens is because of BLACK BEHAVIOR?? .

Yep. Tim Scott, the black GOP senator. Collin Powell, Eric Holder, and Michael Steele are all gang bangers living on welfare! Because they all have things to say about institutional racism. I doubt that any of them waste time if some crazy white homeless man uses the "n" word on them.

In fact babymama Condi Rice is another lazy black female, content to live off welfare, because she too speaks of racism that continues to exist in the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 08:57 AM

269 posts, read 288,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
what does that change, it's even more reason to get this guy taken care of. The crazy ones are the most likely to rob, rape, and kill random victims which makes them the #1 every day threat to safety

Remember the guy that unloaded a giant bag of his poop into a girl's underwear as she was walking down the street last week?
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...-bag-poop.html
Yes I remember that. But these people are mentally ill, this thread has turned into a discussion about how white people feel they need to stay away from black people because of racism. The OP's situation had nothing to do with real racial problems between blacks and whites it was most likely a situation with a mentally ill person who I agree should be taken off the streets. Too much race baiting going on.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
How come people like you who say blacks are being treated differently than other people NEVER mention why a big reason that happens is because of BLACK BEHAVIOR?? Namely the 'worst of the worst in your racial group' IS NOT a small group of people, but is a VERY SIGNIFICANT portion of your group of people??

Black people always like to point to how they're mistreated without EVER mentioning the CAUSES OF WHY people don't treat them equally. Just in the last 24 hours or so I've watched a video of a black woman in Tennessee brutally rob a 95 year old white woman of her purse and then in DC two thugs walked up to a white male and talked to him for abit acting friendly before violently robbing him as well. These types of incidents aren't blips on the radar, they're constant, daily interracial crimes committed by blacks against non-black people.

Tell me why non-black people should give blacks the benefit of the doubt or treat them all equally when too many black people DO NOT BEHAVE like other people? Namely to be mostly peaceful, decent human beings that DO NOT harm other people? If black people can behave like a rational, peaceful person then sure treat them the same as everyone else, but the fact is too many blacks aren't like that which is why they all don't deserve the same treatment. Its like a kid who got a D on their essay and they whine and say they should get an A because all the other kids got an A even though he didn't deserve it. That's how many black people are right now.

Not everything is about skin color and race when blacks are mistreated. Much of it is about people responding to how black people treat them because CLEARLY many black people don't believe in the saying 'do to others as you would have them do to you'.
So weird. None of my black friends or family members fit this description. In fact I grew up in a black neighborhood and never hung around these so called violent black thugs you've described. Sounds like you are most likely a racist and afraid of black people. I think these crimes are committed by poor people because anywhere you have poverty there will be more criminal activity.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:18 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicgrrl View Post
]The OP's situation had nothing to do with real racial problems between blacks and whites it was most likely a situation with a mentally ill person who I agree should be taken off the streets. Too much race baiting going on.
You don't think that mentally ill people who are black are more susceptible to the media campaign that blacks are being persecuted by whites and the police and more likely to lash out?

Old 07-21-2016, 09:42 AM

Quote:
You don't think that mentally ill people who are black are more susceptible to the media campaign that blacks are being persecuted by whites and the police and more likely to lash out?
Sure. But they are mentally ill. I had a black guy who was obviously crazy tell me to go back to my country. I'm half black and born in the United States. I had a white guy who was obviously mentally ill call me and my friend the n word while we were minding our own business walking down the street. I'm smart enough to know not all black and white ppl behave like this and these two MENTALLY ILL people don't represent the majority of blacks and whites. I also didn't let it upset me to the point that I logged on to CityData and made a thread about how they hurt my feelings to start a whole race baiting discussion about how terrible each group of people are and how I make it my business to stay away from certain people based on what color their skin is. You know what I did? I kept it moving and enjoyed my day because crazy people can't ruin my day.

Old 07-21-2016, 10:29 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Let's refrain from using the racist word too lightly bro so it won't lose its legal content...

Consider that "cracker" a joking label/nickname for a group of ppl so you would feel less offended about it...

Last week in the subway passage at TS, a white "cracker" and a black bro brushed elbows when passing each other either intentionally or not, then a fist fight ensued with the black bro dominating the whole game. Man, it was chilling to see the black/white standoff everywhere nowadays. Is obama the mastermind behind this ongoing chaos?

Yup. it's all Obama's fault- he controls everything.

If your boy Trump and his Neo Nazi and KKK friends get into office, can we blame him for every racial incident that happens or will Obama still be blamed for being the lightning rod for racists?

Old 07-21-2016, 11:44 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
You mean all the mentally ill people who take time from roaming the streets to watch CNN or Fox News? Maybe we can get their perspective on things before the next dose of whatever they're on wears off??? Smh

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-21-2016, 11:48 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I was just chillin' in the subway waiting for the A train and some black guy starts yelling in my direction "Cracker! You ****ing cracker! Did you say something to me!?"

I said, "uh, no." and then he said, "Good move.." and made a motion like he would have tried to throw me onto the tracks.

I let it go and kind of laughed because I would have destroyed this skinny ass dude if he tried anything. But isn't that racist? Should I report this? It this a hate crime?
First with the cigarettes, now this.

What do you care? Your apartment is appreciating in a neighborhood that you helped gentrify and you make posts like this.

Why are you even asking us if you should report it? Should we feel flattered that you came to us to ask before you filed a report with the police?

You moved to a predominantly lower-income Black neighborhood and you asking this stuff is beyond perplexing, and shows how out of touch with reality you truly are. I dont know what you expected moving to Harlem as part of the changing demographic. I don't even care if the guy was mentally ill or not anymore.

I probably wouldn't have even commented if you didnt start the thread about the cigarettes.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-21-2016, 12:34 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
You mean all the mentally ill people who take time from roaming the streets to watch CNN or Fox News? Maybe we can get their perspective on things before the next dose of whatever they're on wears off??? Smh
homeless are homeless not clueless, smh

They hang out at the shelters or street corners and they see what's going on. They see the newspaper headlines and listen to people complaining

Old 07-21-2016, 01:22 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,752,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
First with the cigarettes, now this.

What do you care? Your apartment is appreciating in a neighborhood that you helped gentrify and you make posts like this.

Why are you even asking us if you should report it? Should we feel flattered that you came to us to ask before you filed a report with the police?

You moved to a predominantly lower-income Black neighborhood and you asking this stuff is beyond perplexing, and shows how out of touch with reality you truly are. I dont know what you expected moving to Harlem as part of the changing demographic. I don't even care if the guy was mentally ill or not anymore.

I probably wouldn't have even commented if you didnt start the thread about the cigarettes.
I care because I don't care to be called a racial slur. If I threw out the N bomb all hell would have broken loose. What does my apartment appreciating have to do with it? From what I have seen, you are a lot more likely to come across such a situation downtown than up in Harlem, so it was shocking.

And since you mentioned it, the guy who called me a cracker, had a cigarette behind his ear...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City