Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2017, 09:58 AM

35 posts, read 67,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by melle7790 View Post
Has anyone heard anything after an appeal was accepted and I sent updated documents. The marketing agent was vague.
Keep your fingers crossed they will set you up for an interview if they've not done so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2017, 10:47 AM

236 posts, read 445,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don43 View Post
Keep your fingers crossed they will set you up for an interview if they've not done so.
I was interviewed for this particular lottery in January, then denied in april for credit reasons. Then I appealed and it was accepted two weeks ago. They asked me for updated documents, so i sent them, but they didn't say what happens now. Any insight?

Old 05-12-2017, 11:43 AM

49 posts, read 52,241 times
Why would they deny u for credit reason? What are they looking for on your credit report

Old 05-12-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyq137 View Post
Why would they deny u for credit reason? What are they looking for on your credit report
They denied for me for debt to income ratio as I have high debt. However, they miscalculated my income thats how I was able to appeal.

Old 05-13-2017, 01:05 AM

35 posts, read 67,710 times
Wow I owe students loan 12000,lol

Old 05-13-2017, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don43 View Post
Wow I owe students loan 12000,lol

Most of my debt is student loans too. Some buildings don't count it, but I guess they did. But had the corrected my income I'd be fine which is why I appealed. But I'm not sure what happens now.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:50 AM

18 posts, read 27,836 times
They denied my appeal so I filed the complaint to HPD with the detailed letter why my application shouldn't been disqualified.
I also attached all correspondence and paper work.
My interview was at the beginning of March.
HPD received my complaint at beginning of May. They still reviewing my case.i strongly believe New York housing partnership miscounted my income and also lost one of the important papers.
Housing Partnership requested transcripts from IRS but made a mistake in filing and IRS denied their request. Right after that I've got a disqualification notification. They never tried to request it again (even after I explained them where the mistake happened)
I hope HPD will be on my side.
Marketing agen requested for tons of paperwork and still disqualified me.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:30 AM

1,258 posts, read 1,461,784 times
Oh, I just wrote a post praising NY Housing Partnership. Sorry to hear about your experience. The IRS will deny the transcript request if the correct boxes are not checked by the marketing agent, but that's not your fault. It's theirs. And the onus is on them to correct it. This happened to me with another developer (I knew about the mistake because the IRS contacted me), and the marketing agent told me not to worry about it, and that they had resubmitted. Don't rush HPD on this--let them do their due diligence. Good luck. Let us know what happens. If you can show the developer messed up, you'll prevail. But be patient.

Old 05-16-2017, 06:43 PM

Does anyone here have experience with an appeal through a developer. I appealed with them and it was accepted, then sent updated documents. But what happens next? Anyone have any experience?

Old 05-16-2017, 07:15 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,461,784 times
Do you mean your denial was overturned in the appeal? That's good. It means you're back where you were before you were denied. This is a very long process that can take years. They'll get in touch with you if anything more is needed. Stop worrying about his one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City