Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 04:01 PM

3 posts, read 8,411 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

I'm excited I got a letter to schedule an interview for further processing...but, I've been trying for 2 days to schedule my interview through Breaking Ground Management but seams impossible to reach them. Any advise? Is it recommended to walk in to schedule it? I'll need to answer by Sept. 4th and I don't want to miss this potential opportunity. Thank you for your thoughts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2018, 09:36 AM

86 posts, read 172,539 times
Hi,

I have a question. Two weeks ago my sister sends me a photo of an interview notice that was sent to me which was never given to me. The interview notification letter was sent in 2015 after like 15 years of waiting.

I called the management and was told that my application had been cancelled due to none response.

I am disabled and requested an accommodation which was approved. I was placed back on the list with my original number.

My QUESTION is If they place me with the original application number, wouldn't that mean that I'm the next one on the list once an apartment becomes available?

I was already reached but due to my disability and having others help me with my mail and things, it was never given to me I'm really sick and cried many tears behind this

Can anyone provide me with information? thank you!!!

Old 06-01-2018, 11:57 AM

351 posts, read 502,639 times
I think but not 100% sure that it will depend on the number and if people with the numbers before was placed on waiting list.

Old 06-01-2018, 01:49 PM

86 posts, read 172,539 times
Thank you so much for replying, let’s see what happens.

Old 07-25-2018, 05:41 PM

2 posts, read 7,250 times
Hello,

I’m going in for my interview in early August. I am gathering all my paperwork, but have a few issues. I’ll just start with the first one and see what you guys think. The checklist is asking for birth certificates and we don’t have them (there are three adults involved). We lost our certificates in a basement that flooded. I think I can request one quite easily, but the other two are really hard. I am an American citizen, but I was born in Spain. I think, but I am not sure, that I would have to put in a request with the US embassy in Madrid to get mine (I expect that will be complicated and take a very long time). My other co-applicant is a naturalized American citizen, but hers comes from a country that does not even exist any longer. We all have valid US passports, though, so do you think that they will serve as a replacement. You cannot get a US passport without a birth certificate.

Old 07-26-2018, 06:58 AM

133 posts, read 130,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnau13 View Post
Hello,

I’m going in for my interview in early August. I am gathering all my paperwork, but have a few issues. I’ll just start with the first one and see what you guys think. The checklist is asking for birth certificates and we don’t have them (there are three adults involved). We lost our certificates in a basement that flooded. I think I can request one quite easily, but the other two are really hard. I am an American citizen, but I was born in Spain. I think, but I am not sure, that I would have to put in a request with the US embassy in Madrid to get mine (I expect that will be complicated and take a very long time). My other co-applicant is a naturalized American citizen, but hers comes from a country that does not even exist any longer. We all have valid US passports, though, so do you think that they will serve as a replacement. You cannot get a US passport without a birth certificate.
You can go downtown to City Hall and get a copy of your birth certificates (forgot how much it is in person, I've only ordered it online). I think you can get it on the spot if you go in person but don't quote me on that. Check the website to find out what you need to bring with you and the fees. Good luck

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/servic...tificates.page

Old 07-26-2018, 07:45 AM

47 posts, read 84,752 times
@gingerbreadlove -- City Hall cannot issue copies of foreign birth certificates. Only embassies / consulates can, and it takes for ever!

@Schnau13 -- I'm not sure you need birth certificate for adult applicants. Have you read the new Marketing Handbook? As far as I remember only for dependent children are birth certificates required.

Old 07-26-2018, 08:00 AM

City Hall - Vital Records
Go to 125 Worth Street in Lower Manhattan. Use the Lafayette Street entrance, which is handicapped accessible, and go to room 144 We are open Monday - Friday, 9 AM - 3:30 PM. We are currently undergoing a renovation, and lines are longer than usual. Ordering online is the fastest, most efficient way to get your birth certificate. If you prefer to order in-person, lines are shortest in the morning. You should come prepared with identification. See requirements below.

Fees: Please bring a money order or personal check made payable in US dollars to the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. You may also pay by credit card, debit card or by electronic fund transfer (EFT) using your checking account and routing number. Cash is not accepted.

The cost for an in-person birth certificate order is $15.00 for each copy plus a $2.75 one-time fee for identity verification. For example, if you order 2 copies of a certificate, your total cost is ($15 + $15 + $2.75) $32.75.

For international use other than a US passport, please specify a long form request when you order your birth certificate in person.

Old 07-26-2018, 09:54 AM

158 posts, read 251,163 times
@Schnau13

I agree with MagicFlute above. They only need birth certificates and SSN for children, not for adults.

If they just need to verify your date of birth, they can use US passports/citizenship certificates along with State IDs.

Old 07-26-2018, 10:27 AM

On the list of things to bring with you it specify they want copies of your state id, birth certificate, and copy of you social security card for all who are on your application.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City