Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 12:46 PM

21 posts, read 53,556 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I had my interview for FAC Renaissance housing last Friday. I'm within the income bracket and in good financial standing AND I was the second person contacted regarding these apartments. However, I'm a little nervous because, there is only ONE apartment available for my income bracket AND what if the first person is in it and accepted? Then they just get it...sigh! Any advice? Feeling so nervous. I was told they would contact me in a month, how do I get through this month?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2018, 06:37 AM

100 posts, read 137,335 times
I waited 4 moths to get contacted for an interview and another 4 months to lease signing. Question: How do you know the other person qualifies or even is applying for the same size unit? If you were the 2nd person contacted how is it only 1 apartment left? This lottery drives people to worry about all the wrong things. Good Luck

Old 08-10-2018, 10:40 AM

2 posts, read 7,249 times
Thanks for all your answers. They did not need our birth certificates. The old forms required them, but the updated checklist specifies that they want them only for minors.

Old 08-25-2018, 12:44 PM

5 posts, read 11,834 times
. My log number is 13. i will be going to my interview next week. Everything is good expect my credit 625 I have collections on my report, paying one off monthly $300 and i check my DTI wouldn't effect me for being able to pay rent. i heard that credit cant not be the only reason for being denied.I am so nervous about this issue any advice. trying to keep hope alive with the new

Old 08-25-2018, 01:00 PM

160 posts, read 277,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsmeanna View Post
. My log number is 13. i will be going to my interview next week. Everything is good expect my credit 625 I have collections on my report, paying one off monthly $300 and i check my DTI wouldn't effect me for being able to pay rent. i heard that credit cant not be the only reason for being denied.I am so nervous about this issue any advice. trying to keep hope alive with the new
THey can’t deny you for credit score but they can for late payments and collections on your credit.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:32 AM

6,681 posts, read 6,025,153 times
I think the OP won FAC Renaissance. Either/or that happened to someone on this board who actually won a luxury studio in an 80/20 apartment in Manhattan, but the apartment was so small that she winded up staying in her much larger rent stabilized in the Bronx

Old 01-23-2019, 06:04 PM

75 posts, read 112,301 times
How can know run your credit

Old 02-12-2019, 01:47 PM

26 posts, read 62,957 times
Hi! First off, I know this is an old thread but I’ve been doing a lot of research. I hope you got your apartment. I’m currently waiting. This is the first time I’ve had this opportunity. I submitted all my paperwork and money order for the credit check. They said they were processing my file for compliance submission. My question is, is this the same as sending it to HPD? How did you know they had sent it off? Thanks in advance!

Old 02-12-2019, 05:57 PM

87 posts, read 118,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello40Kitty View Post
Hi! First off, I know this is an old thread but I’ve been doing a lot of research. I hope you got your apartment. I’m currently waiting. This is the first time I’ve had this opportunity. I submitted all my paperwork and money order for the credit check. They said they were processing my file for compliance submission. My question is, is this the same as sending it to HPD? How did you know they had sent it off? Thanks in advance!
It's not clear if this is the first interview you had? Usually, when first time you go for an interview and submit your paperworks, it's for the management. Once the management approves you, they will contact you and tell you they need the updated pay-stubs, you were approved by the management and now they will send it to HPD. They usually don't hide it from you and tell you when your papers are being sent to HPD.

Old 02-13-2019, 10:37 AM

26 posts, read 62,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by importantuser1 View Post
It's not clear if this is the first interview you had? Usually, when first time you go for an interview and submit your paperworks, it's for the management. Once the management approves you, they will contact you and tell you they need the updated pay-stubs, you were approved by the management and now they will send it to HPD. They usually don't hide it from you and tell you when your papers are being sent to HPD.
Thank you for clearing things up. Yes, so far just had the initial first interview where I submitted the bulk of my paperwork. Then they asked for additional stuff. Mostly bank asset verifications and my state return. So, far I haven’t heard anything but that was a week or so ago. Anxious much? Lol. Again thanks for the input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City