Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 03:10 AM

106,723 posts, read 108,913,061 times

Advertisements

we took a tour a few years ago . we had a great time doing it and lived to tell about it .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2018, 06:19 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,091,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM8AVeda View Post
THEY DIED!
keep it private
What are you talking about bro? This is all over the news.

Old 03-12-2018, 06:56 AM

2,605 posts, read 3,404,660 times
The pilot survived with barely a scratch. How is this fair? How many of these choppers are going to crash before they start banning this?

Old 03-12-2018, 08:13 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times
Welp the pilot is nice and safe! No problem there, he knew to unbuckle his harness and climb ON TOP of the chopper to stay warm and dry while his passengers were left to fend for themselves below.

The guy obviously knew those people were strapped into their tomb and would either drown or freeze to death. This genuine hero would not dare risk his safety for these scrubs. Honorable man of the year!!

Reminds me of the A-hole captain of the Costa Concordia cruise ship who was the first guy on the life raft while his boat sank with everybody on board, never mind that the ship ran aground because he was busy partying

Old 03-12-2018, 08:22 AM

15,867 posts, read 14,491,391 times
And buses and subways also. They have a body count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liliya47 View Post
With that been said, maybe the time to ban cars also?! How many people killed every day?!

Old 03-12-2018, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Welp the pilot is nice and safe! No problem there, he knew to unbuckle his harness and climb ON TOP of the chopper to stay warm and dry while his passengers were left to fend for themselves below.

The guy obviously knew those people were strapped into their tomb and would either drown or freeze to death. This genuine hero would not dare risk his safety for these scrubs. Honorable man of the year!!

Reminds me of the A-hole captain of the Costa Concordia cruise ship who was the first guy on the life raft while his boat sank with everybody on board, never mind that the ship ran aground because he was busy partying
You never know how you will react in that situation. It's fight or flight.

Not sure how complicated it is to unbuckle the seat belts but they should have a quick release in emergency situations.

Did the pilot sit on top of the helicopter while the passangers drowned? or did the helicopter sink to the bottom and the pilot was floating in the water?

I was actually thinking of taking a helicopter to the airport for fun on my next vacation.

Old 03-12-2018, 08:46 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Did the pilot sit on top of the helicopter while the passangers drowned? or did the helicopter sink to the bottom and the pilot was floating in the water?
He got on top while they were strapped inside and just waited as the 5 tourists became hypothermic

Old 03-12-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
He got on top while they were strapped inside and just waited as the 5 tourists became hypothermic
Ok, then i take that back. This dude is a POS.

Old 03-12-2018, 08:54 AM

5,831 posts, read 2,953,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Yeah. Apparently, they were harnessed in pretty tightly and in an upside down position that made it harder for the first responders to release them. What a frustrating situation that must've been in freezing cold temps no less. Two didn't make it with the remaining three in critical condition the last time I checked.
Why would they not unbuckle and try to escape once the blades stoped spinning?? I dont get it. It was a soft crash, did they get knocked out from that??

Old 03-12-2018, 08:56 AM

5,831 posts, read 2,953,110 times
Quote:

When you have kids at home and you crash a chopper, you think for yourself. That right there is a survivor. Ill take that any day over being dead and called a hero while my kids grow up without a kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City