Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2019, 09:40 AM

39 posts, read 86,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthedotdotdot View Post
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up since I just called to update my address. I was told that they just sent canvass letters up to scores of 88.6 (sorry no list number). No word on when the next round will go out but i scored 87.2 and my location picks were limited to three boroughs. Does anyone know if there are part-time options available or if these are only full-time positions being offered? i big thank you to everyone that posts on here, y'all have been a huge source of comfort and hope over the last few months. Good luck to all of you.
Hi! What number did you call? Also the canvass letters with the score of 88.6 are for NYC courts or upstate. Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snif1118 View Post
My husband had his interview yesterday (rank 22x). He got offered Civil Brooklyn and starts June 13th.
I know they had a lot of open positions and also that criminal was all filled by the time the morning was out.
Good luck to everyone interviewing today!
Good Luck on the new career path!!!

Old 05-16-2019, 09:47 AM

8 posts, read 12,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olesya1 View Post
Hi! What number did you call? Also the canvass letters with the score of 88.6 are for NYC courts or upstate. Thank you in advance.
NYC courts. The canvass letters were for the 3 lower courts (family, civil, criminal) in the 5 boroughs.

Old 05-16-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lscotti514 View Post
NYC courts. The canvass letters were for the 3 lower courts (family, civil, criminal) in the 5 boroughs.
Thank you! Hopefully many people will get hired. Do you have the number to call? I also need to change the address.

Old 05-16-2019, 10:10 AM

65 posts, read 122,096 times
I just had my interview and was offered the position for Civil in the Bronx or Family in any borough. I choose Family with the hopes of getting Queens. I don’t think many went that route and have a good chance at it.

Good luck to the rest of you!

Old 05-16-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwetoddit View Post
I just had my interview and was offered the position for Civil in the Bronx or Family in any borough. I choose Family with the hopes of getting Queens. I don’t think many went that route and have a good chance at it.

Congratulations to you!!! How was the interview itself? Did they say many people are they trying to place.

Old 05-16-2019, 10:29 AM

65 posts, read 122,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olesya1 View Post
Congratulations to you!!! How was the interview itself? Did they say many people are they trying to place.
Thank you!

They explained what the duties entail and then asked about my work background. They honed in on the fact that I have worked with people in retail most of my career. Plus the clerical duties that I have in this current position.

Old 05-16-2019, 10:35 AM

29 posts, read 53,207 times
Quote:

Congratulations! Do you start June 13th as well?

Old 05-16-2019, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Thank you!

They explained what the duties entail and then asked about my work background. They honed in on the fact that I have worked with people in retail most of my career. Plus the clerical duties that I have in this current position.
Thank you!

Old 05-16-2019, 12:39 PM

49 posts, read 96,956 times
Quote:

Congratulations! Let us know what you end up with! Were you offered permanent or perm-contingent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City