Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2019, 04:30 PM

10 posts, read 14,828 times

Advertisements

I also received an availability inquiry from the Brooklyn County Clerk today also, but I'm already slated with NY Family. How do I handle this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 04:02 PM

65 posts, read 122,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephraem View Post
I also received an availability inquiry from the Brooklyn County Clerk today also, but I'm already slated with NY Family. How do I handle this?
I received one also after already being hired by Kings County Family Court. I was going to take it to show them at Orientation. I imagine it’s an error in some way.

Old 06-11-2019, 04:21 PM

4 posts, read 6,231 times
Default Question about CA interviews

Hello,

Does anyone know if after a candidate is interviewed by a particular Court and doesn't receive an offer, if the same candidate would be interviewed again when there's another opening in the same Court (assuming that the candidate's rank on the list is otherwise still high enough to qualify to be one of the people interviewed)?

Thanks!

Old 06-12-2019, 06:45 AM

114 posts, read 313,566 times
If your position is contingent/permanent you will continue to be canvassed and can answer all the letters you receive. They cannot hold that against you.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:20 AM

29 posts, read 53,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by courtassistanthopeful View Post
Hello,

Does anyone know if after a candidate is interviewed by a particular Court and doesn't receive an offer, if the same candidate would be interviewed again when there's another opening in the same Court (assuming that the candidate's rank on the list is otherwise still high enough to qualify to be one of the people interviewed)?

Thanks!

Unless you specifically request to be removed from that Court's list, you remain on the list.

It doesn't hurt to respond positively to the availability inquiry, if you are starting a new position. You won't necessarily be called for an interview or get offered the job. But it gives you options if you feel your current placement isn't suited to you. Keep in mind that it's all a process so you will have some time, in your current position, under your belt before the interview/decision point.

As Baretta said - as long as you aren't permanent you will remain active on the lists and still receive canvas letters. If you respond positively to an availability inquiry and get called for an interview, let your supervisor know as soon as you do. As union (or OCA, not sure which) requires that your employer give you up to 3/4 hours for an interview with another court.

Good luck to everyone starting tomorrow!!

Old 06-12-2019, 07:35 AM

4 posts, read 6,231 times
OK, thanks Baretta625 and Snif1118. That answers my question. :-)

Old 06-12-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snif1118 View Post
Unless you specifically request to be removed from that Court's list, you remain on the list.

It doesn't hurt to respond positively to the availability inquiry, if you are starting a new position. You won't necessarily be called for an interview or get offered the job. But it gives you options if you feel your current placement isn't suited to you. Keep in mind that it's all a process so you will have some time, in your current position, under your belt before the interview/decision point.

As Baretta said - as long as you aren't permanent you will remain active on the lists and still receive canvas letters. If you respond positively to an availability inquiry and get called for an interview, let your supervisor know as soon as you do. As union (or OCA, not sure which) requires that your employer give you up to 3/4 hours for an interview with another court.

Good luck to everyone starting tomorrow!!
Thank you for that. My interview for Suffolk is today and I begin training in Manhattan tomorrow. LI would be more convenient as I intend to move there after getting married. I’ll let everyone know how it goes today. Good luck to those who have interviews today!

Old 06-13-2019, 06:57 AM

114 posts, read 313,566 times
Starting today. Wish me luck!

Old 06-13-2019, 08:39 AM

327 posts, read 457,012 times
Good luck, Baretta625.

Old 06-13-2019, 10:42 AM

Suffolk county interview went well. It was panel of 5 asking the questions. There were all nice and were happy to hear of me starting in NYC. They did state that as long as we aren’t permanent we should keep accepting canvassing letters and taking interviews. It will not be held against us and supervisors should grant time leave for interviews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City