Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2019, 05:15 AM

55 posts, read 74,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwetoddit View Post
350s, but I am already working for NYC courts. I began last Thursday and currently training. I did hear from a co-worker whose mother is in the system that Suffolk only had 8 jobs open. She worked in Suffolk prior to her current position and still knows people there.
Good to know. I didn't think I had a chance there anyway. Good luck to you!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2019, 06:47 AM

29 posts, read 53,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snif1118 View Post
Congratulations!! That's a great start time too- you only have to wait one pay period
Wait one pay period to start. Many people are hired and it's a month before they start and another before they get paid. Wait of 2 weeks to start plus one month to get paid- not bad.
I guess I just think of everything in pay period increments. Hazards of working for the courts

Old 06-20-2019, 11:08 AM

19 posts, read 26,007 times
@LongIslandMatt

Yeah, I thought that might be the case. Thank you for the prompt response!

Agreed. On the bright side, at least we have a better idea of what the interview entails. Hope you get an offer soon.

Old 06-20-2019, 12:08 PM

327 posts, read 456,309 times
@Rocinante28,

you're welcome.

I know it's frustrating.

I'm comfortable with the interview and enjoy meeting people and answering questions.

I just need to get hired soon.

Old 07-03-2019, 09:22 AM

65 posts, read 122,092 times
Good day to all!

It has been rather quiet in here. I have been a court assistant for over two weeks now and I am loving it personally. Kings County is the busiest in the country and still enjoy it. But on 7/15/19 I’ll be starting in Suffolk County.

From my understanding, there is still need for more court assistants in NYC. I don’t know when they will have interviews but I imagine it shouldn’t be too long. Plus people are taking promotions at all levels so there will be movement. I don’t know where they are on the list but I trained with people with ranks up to 400s.

Hope this helps. Have a Happy 4th of July!

Old 07-05-2019, 10:46 PM

@Iwetoddit,

thanks for the update.

Old 07-08-2019, 10:49 AM

64 posts, read 115,899 times
Does anyone know what rank and score they are up to now?

Old 07-11-2019, 06:11 PM

49 posts, read 96,949 times
My husband has been offered a transfer to long island area - I started working in JD7 about 2 months ago. I'm a permanent employee but obv im still on probation. When is the earliest I should request a transfer? Thanks!

Old 07-11-2019, 08:10 PM

38 posts, read 83,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymgirl1981 View Post
My husband has been offered a transfer to long island area - I started working in JD7 about 2 months ago. I'm a permanent employee but obv im still on probation. When is the earliest I should request a transfer? Thanks!
Should or can? You’re better off asking your union rep for a definitive answer as to when you can. From what I remember, NYC court assistants can put in for a transfer almost immediately after being hired. Don’t know if that’s the same for your JD and/or bargaining unit.

As for “should” the answer is: as soon as you can. Transfers can take a long time to come through especially to highly sought-after locations like Long Island.

Old 07-11-2019, 10:24 PM

I'm starting to get discouraged. Several interviews but no offers, and fully qualified for the roles. Does it tend to be that they interview a lot more candidates than there are available positions? Will I continue to be called for interviews, but with no greater likelihood of being offered the job?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City