Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 02:56 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,270,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Unfortunately, Dominican migration to the north-west Bronx (Kingsbridge, Marble Hill etc) is the most probable reason for the spike in crime in the 50th precinct. Kingsbridge Heights is almost entirely Dominican now, and the neighborhood is expiriencing white flight. The low-income Dominicans coming from Washington Heights and Inwood are changing the entire outlook of the 50th precinct. Whether it's the drug game or the DDP's and Trinitarios, Dominicans are affecting the area.

I know not all Dominicans are drug dealers.....but coming poor from the Heights (or the Island) the young ones especially are up to no good.
I doubt it. The Dominican migration trend has been ongoing for a few years now. It's not like it just happened last year or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 02:59 PM

2,978 posts, read 4,009,464 times
SuperMario....I agree that Dominicans are taking over...I see it quite a bit even where I am. In fact my upstairs neighbor is a young Dominican str8 outta school, single in a big 2 bedroom apt and a doggie, an IT guy for a major pharma company making really really good money. He replaced a welfare mother of 2 who moved to Florida...and I see this change in population occuring over and over again in Mott Haven. It's not white people that are gentrifying/revitalizing areas like Mott Haven, Melrose, etc....it is people of color!

Old 03-26-2008, 03:23 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,067,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
I doubt it. The Dominican migration trend has been ongoing for a few years now. It's not like it just happened last year or something.
The orginal migration was to Highbridge, Morris Heights, University Heights and West Fordham. More recently they have migrated upwards to Kingsbridge Heights, Marble Hill, Norwood and Bedford Park. Trust me if this migration into the north-west Bronx has been going on for a while, there would not be a strong white population still there. The high rents in Washington Heights/Inwood is a recent occurence too.

Old 03-26-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guywithacause View Post
SuperMario....I agree that Dominicans are taking over...I see it quite a bit even where I am. In fact my upstairs neighbor is a young Dominican str8 outta school, single in a big 2 bedroom apt and a doggie, an IT guy for a major pharma company making really really good money. He replaced a welfare mother of 2 who moved to Florida...and I see this change in population occuring over and over again in Mott Haven. It's not white people that are gentrifying/revitalizing areas like Mott Haven, Melrose, etc....it is people of color!
Nice. But Mott Haven, Melrose, Hunts Point and East Tremont are Puerto Rican strongholds. I doubt that Domicans would cause Puerto Rican flight lol. Puerto Ricans went through the worst time-period and stood there ground. A few Dominicans here and there is nothing to them.

But guy, for every male Dominican you have that is succesful, you have about 4 who are drug dealing criminals. You can not deny this. Especially the ones coming from Washington Heights/Inwood or the Dominican itself.

Old 03-26-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
The orginal migration was to Highbridge, Morris Heights, University Heights and West Fordham. More recently they have migrated upwards to Kingsbridge Heights, Marble Hill, Norwood and Bedford Park. Trust me if this migration into the north-west Bronx has been going on for a while, there would not be a strong white population still there. The high rents in Washington Heights/Inwood is a recent occurence too.
Yeah but you made it seem like that would be the cause for a small spike in crime over the course of a year. Pretty ridiculous assertion, if you ask me.

Old 03-26-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Nice. But Mott Haven, Melrose, Hunts Point and East Tremont are Puerto Rican strongholds. I doubt that Domicans would cause Puerto Rican flight lol. Puerto Ricans went through the worst time-period and stood there ground. A few Dominicans here and there is nothing to them.

But guy, for every male Dominican you have that is succesful, you have about 4 who are drug dealing criminals. You can not deny this. Especially the ones coming from Washington Heights/Inwood or the Dominican itself.
Dude with Dominicans like you who needs THE MAN.

Last edited by NooYowkur81; 03-26-2008 at 03:45 PM..

Old 03-26-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Yeah but you made it seem like that would be the cause for a small spike in crime over the course of a year. Pretty ridiculous assertion, if you ask me.
Actually crime has steadily increased in the 50th for a couple of years. It just did not happen overnight. Also how can you explain the spike in crime then?

The whites are at fault lol

Old 03-26-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Actually crime has steadily increased in the 50th for a couple of years. It just did not happen overnight. Also how can you explain the spike in crime then?

The whites are at fault lol
I don't know dude, maybe. I'm not a crime fanboy like you and FutureCop. I don't obsess over these stats like that. But I don't make those type of assertions either without first looking at actual demographic stats that would link a certain ethnic group to a rise in crime.

Old 03-26-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Dude with Domicans like you who needs THE MAN.
My nickname IS the Dominican dandy. Im sorry but I chill with alot of the drug dealing Dominicans. Is all good and fun but...at the end of the day all I see from my hood are drug dealers. Most of them of the Dominican kind.

You should be familiar with Dominican drug dealing....being from Fordham and all.

Old 03-26-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
My nickname IS the Dominican dandy. Im sorry but I chill with alot of the drug dealing Dominicans. Is all good and fun but...at the end of the day all I see from my hood are drug dealers. Most of them of the Dominican kind.

You should be familiar with Dominican drug dealing....being from Fordham and all.
Yeah I'm familiar with them. But I'm also familiar with a lot of decent hard working as well as educated and professional Dominicans. A lot of the latter group being close friends and family. You need to stop hanging out in the street so much, before you get caught out there...Dandy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: