Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 09:05 AM

319 posts, read 400,787 times

Advertisements

haha another trump supporter being racist, shocking!

Old 05-17-2018, 09:07 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,089,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
If this man went into a Jewish restaurant where folks spoke Hebrew, Yiddish and Russian and said what he said. Splc, ADL, NY civil liberties commission will be on him, they will strip him from his bar association and his livelihood will be ruined.

Or if he went into a black business and tell the blacks stop speaking ebonics, apologetic white liberals and pro blacks will be up in arms.

Any this story won't gain much traction unless something is said against blacks, jews, or native Americans.
Won't get much traction??? It's all over the web. Look at his business's yelp page. He might lose his partnership in the business or the whole business depending on the ownership.

Similar to the marketing lady who made a tweet about catching AIDS in Africa as a joke. When she landed in Africa she was fired from her job. Although i guess things are back to normal since that same company hired her back.

https://www.recode.net/2018/1/19/169...p-return-tweet

Old 05-17-2018, 09:09 AM

37,157 posts, read 39,430,503 times
I don’t get it—did the employees insist on him speaking Spanish? If not, the hell does it have to do with him then?

Old 05-17-2018, 09:15 AM

12,790 posts, read 8,298,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I don’t get it—did the employees insist on him speaking Spanish? If not, the hell does it have to do with him then?
Some people feel intimidated when they hear someone speaking and don't know what they're saying. That's essentially what it comes down to.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:33 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,052,004 times
Right now in this country. We live in an age where words speak way Louder than actions. Say something wrong while at work or even off of work like online or at a protest. Your @ss will be grass by your employer. This is the reason why unions are essential in today's America. Words do hurt. However loosing ones livelihood over words in just too much and is un-American.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:35 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,052,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Won't get much traction??? It's all over the web. Look at his business's yelp page. He might lose his partnership in the business or the whole business depending on the ownership.

Similar to the marketing lady who made a tweet about catching AIDS in Africa as a joke. When she landed in Africa she was fired from her job. Although i guess things are back to normal since that same company hired her back.

https://www.recode.net/2018/1/19/169...p-return-tweet
Joy ried made commentary about gays that seen offensive. Liberals sjw crowd wanted her fired from NBC. She lied saying it was the Russians, but she took ownership and blamed it growing up in black church culture. This political correctness stuff has gone a bit too far in my honest opinion.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Right now in this country. We live in an age where words speak way Louder than actions. Say something wrong while at work or even off of work like online or at a protest. Your @ss will be grass by your employer. This is the reason why unions are essential in today's America. Words do hurt. However loosing ones livelihood over words in just too much and is un-American.
lol@losing ones livelihood over words...

Old 05-17-2018, 10:01 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,263,345 times
I was at Wendy's and the staff started to converse I believe it was Arabic amongst each other. Had nothing to do with the customers as we were just waiting for our orders (we had already placed our orders in English (lol). An AA said something like "speak English". I was like wow, let me just keep my mouth shut, because if anyone were to say that to me..., if I were to speak Spanish, which I have at restaurants or retail spaces, at work, I may speak Spanish to a co-worker or even the cleaning staff at work we may strike up a conversation... Nobody telling me to speak English just because you are not bilingual or feel intimidated/or uncomfortable, like mind your f...ing business.

Old 05-17-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruready4Bklyn View Post
I was at Wendy's and the staff started to converse I believe it was Arabic amongst each other. Had nothing to do with the customers as we were just waiting for our orders (we had already placed our orders in English (lol). An AA said something like "speak English". I was like wow, let me just keep my mouth shut, because if anyone were to say that to me..., if I were to speak Spanish, which I have at restaurants or retail spaces, at work, I may speak Spanish to a co-worker or even the cleaning staff... Nobody telling me to speak English more like mind your f...ing business, if it doesn't affect the business client interactions...
Well tell me this... Do you often talk s*** about customers when you speak in Spanish? I'm just keeping it real as someone who speaks several languages. There's really no reason to speak another language unless the person you're speaking with doesn't understand what you're saying or you switch back and forth into your native language in general, OR you're switching because you either don't want people to know what you're saying or you're talking about them. I know because I've done it myself. I was once out on a date, and I had a couple that was eating next to us, and we'd switch to Spanish so that we could talk about private things that we didn't want them to know about.

I remember years ago I was on the train with one of my Italian friends (we're both basically Italian-American, though I'm mixed Sicilian and his family is from Naples) and we were talking in Italian as we normally do, and people were looking at us on the train because they obviously were nosy and wanted to know what we were saying, so we continued our conversation in Italian because we didn't want them in our business.

Old 05-17-2018, 10:08 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
So you can’t present any links or legitimate sources off the top of your head.
Statistically there appears to be a strong correlation between the number of undocumented immigrants and the number of welfare recipients when looking at the charts side-by-side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City