Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 01:48 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,089,772 times

Advertisements

People don't mix well. People are better off in a Monoethnicity country until we see each other as only humans.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:50 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,154,615 times
This guy does have a mental problem. Maybe he was off his meds. There is video of him ranting against some other group of people.

Super aggressive protesters, that are not embarrassed to make a scene really need to either get beat down or laid.

An Uber driver should live this guy up in the Bronx,really up in the Bronx ,and see how far his mouth goes.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:58 PM

12,791 posts, read 8,298,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
This guy does have a mental problem. Maybe he was off his meds. There is video of him ranting against some other group of people.

Super aggressive protesters, that are not embarrassed to make a scene really need to either get beat down or laid.

An Uber driver should live this guy up in the Bronx,really up in the Bronx ,and see how far his mouth goes.
What if he left in Woodlawn or Riverdale or City Island...

Old 05-17-2018, 01:59 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,488,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
What if he left in Woodlawn or Riverdale or City Island...
Don't a ton of Latinos from the East Bronx eat at City Island?

Old 05-17-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Don't a ton of Latinos from the East Bronx eat at City Island?
So what? The neighborhood is still majority white. For what it's worth there's Mexicans that work in Woodlawn, but when they're done they leave the neighborhood. Point is they don't live there, and the Bronx is not all black and brown as many people seem to believe. While limited in number, white neighborhoods in the Bronx do exist.

Country Club, Riverdale, Woodlawn, Morris Park, parts of Throggs Neck (subsections Edgewater, Silver Beach, etc.) are all white neighborhoods in the Bronx. I just wish people weren't so bloody ignorant.

Old 05-17-2018, 02:09 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,345,812 times
Quote:

Country Club, Riverdale, Woodlawn, Morris Park, parts of Throggs Neck (subsections Edgewater, Silver Beach, etc.) are all white neighborhoods in the Bronx. I just wish people weren't so bloody ignorant.
This is true. People wouldn't believe it, but there are areas of the East Bronx, especially, where you will hardly see a black or Hispanic resident.

Also, Morris Park, which is very close to all nonwhite areas, is still dominated by Italians, and hasn't changed much in 50 years.

Old 05-17-2018, 02:12 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,488,714 times
Quote:
So what? The neighborhood is still majority white. For what it's worth there's Mexicans that work in Woodlawn, but when they're done they leave the neighborhood. Point is they don't live there, and the Bronx is not all black and brown as many people seem to believe. While limited in number, white neighborhoods in the Bronx do exist.

I'm well aware there are white or whitish neighborhoods in The Bronx, but that doesn't mean a guy going on a racist rant in Riverdale would go unchecked.

Old 05-17-2018, 02:15 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,345,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
I'm well aware there are white or whitish neighborhoods in The Bronx, but that doesn't mean a guy going on a racist rant in Riverdale would go unchecked.
A white guy or a nonwhite guy?

Riverdale is pretty Orthodox Jewish these days. I think they have private patrols. Any racist rant would probably be reported by the patrols to the NYPD pretty quickly (I think).

Old 05-17-2018, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
A white guy or a nonwhite guy?

Riverdale is pretty Orthodox Jewish these days. I think they have private patrols. Any racist rant would probably be reported by the patrols to the NYPD pretty quickly (I think).
Riverdale has some Jews mainly in the Southern part of Riverdale and in Fieldston. It is not all Jewish by a long shot. There are are still a few WASPS (have heard a few British accents) and plenty of Irish and Irish-Americans in the area. In fact only Woodlawn has more Irish folks outside of Riverdale and parts of Kingsbridge (west of Broadway) in the Bronx. I don't know where people get the idea that Riverdale is so welcoming. There is definitely racism there (albeit more subtle) and there was even an incident in the news a few years ago with a black guy being forced out of the neighborhood.

Rental race bias alleged Feds sue in Riverdale apt. case - NY Daily News

EXCLUSIVE: Bronx superintendent quits amid accusations of racist conspiracy at Riverdale school - NY Daily News

Riverdale man moving after racially-charged messages are vandalized on his car - NY Daily News

Point is there are white neighborhoods in the Bronx.

Old 05-17-2018, 02:48 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,052,004 times
Let's not fool ourselves here. Real estate on nyc has heavy Jewish influence. Trump father is antisemitic and a known bigot. Trump father did not want trump to enter Manhattan real estate because the market there is exclusively Jewish. For the past 35 years trump has been around jews most of his life. Plenty of jews backed his campaign like Carl icahn. If it wasn't for Jewish people trump would have been where he is in life.

Some jews like trump, while the progressive jews that work in media, publishing, entertainment, academia do not like him. Plenty of jews are divided on trump for what it's worth. But again this is my observation. Again I'm no anti-Semite. I voted for Bernie and Jill Stein who are both Jewish. So don't throw that pc card at me folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City