Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2018, 08:52 AM

1,063 posts, read 697,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
Parents, get your kids out of the bronx!
At the end of the day they don't care. If they cared, they would have used birth control until they were able to raise a family in a safe environment.

This isn't the first case of "mistaken identity" and won't be the last. BTW this happens in Chicago on the DAILY basis - Civilian casualties in gang heavy areas are about 10x higher than they were in the 80's and 90's. There is a big generational difference in gangs between now and then. Now these young gang members don't care about limiting the loss of innocent life in the unaffiliated. They don't give a sh**. In the 70's if you were in a gang and did this, they would not kick you out - They would either kill you or tell you to get out of town or you would be forced to provide monthly restitution payments to the family.

It is 2018 now - So in 2035 I do not want to hear about this happening anymore. The internet is available on people's phones now. The condom broke? OK let's google what we can do. The most ignorant person lacking an education in NYC can now access resources and information at their fingertips. You don't have to go to the public library in 1996 like I did as a youth to access the internet before AOL CDs started being mailed to homes and apartments. The only people dying this way should be other gang members who signed up for this. If you bring a child into the ghetto willingly and your child dies like this - It's entirely your fault. Having a child in the ghetto while on welfare should be a criminal offense.

I am tired of hearing about this. I have multiple relatives who willingly live in poverty in various states. My step-mother raised my half sister in environment like this, she is lucky to have made it out alive. Because now the Women are just as violent as the Men in these communities and kill other Women over trivial matters such as perceived "looking at their Man" the wrong way for a split second. So I know the mentality. Recklessness, willful ignorance entitlement and apathy. But then everyone cries and shed tears when the inevitable happens. This has been happening since my parents were young in the 70's. At what point are people in this city going to evolve and stop having children in poverty and having those kids either become criminals or become the victim of criminals. When you bring a child into this world with no money you are causing problems either for that child or other children.

This is why circumstances of birth dictate success. Most of those kids won't make it until my age alive if they do it's because they are incarcerated in maximum security.

The ghetto is full of Women and kids and young roughnecks. There are virtually no older Men (40+) they are all dead or incarcerated. The government created the Ghetto but now it's up to the people to stop the dependency and addiction to helplessness. The first thing you can do to help yourself is to not reproduce in these situations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2018, 08:55 AM

3,559 posts, read 2,403,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
And people think I’m nuts for carrying a gun 24/7. I have one life to live. I may not win, but you best believe I’m not going down like a defenseless stuck pig!
You don’t do that in NYC

Old 06-24-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro123 View Post
The culture needs to be changed!
The culture changes when the people want it to.

The Bronx has been a long time death trap with a legacy of various urban planners such as Robert Moses (if I remember his name correctly) contributing to urban blight and creating the perfect storm that encourages a lack of education options, certain housing developments which suppress home ownership, lowers the appeal of accountability and artificially depresses property values (discouraging working class NYers from settling down there) which dominoes into what we see today.

Not to mention the deliberate excessive construction of housing projects and laws which demand that the Father not be involved or making any legitimate money in order to qualify for the benefits.

Perhaps in the 60's instead of making housing projects they should have been handing out condoms and free enrollment at community colleges. The U.S. government is at least 50% responsible for all of this - The other 50% is on the individual for continuing to fuel the system with new fodder (their children).

Keep feeding your children into the school-to-prison and school-to-graveyard pipeline. Although the private for-profit prisons would prefer the former so they can milk the NY tax base as much as possible. We pay for gangs on the streets, pay to keep them incarcerated and pay for extra police to keep them in check. We pay with our children's lives, we pay and just keep paying.

It's time to close wallets and stop providing fodder for this inept system that requires warm bodies. This is a much bigger issue than just this poor kid.

Blacks and Whites are not reproducing at a high enough rate to keep this system going. Latin Americans are very family oriented and serve as the perfect replacement. The U.S. government requires immigration from Latin America to keep the existing system going.

I highly encourage people to watch Black Pigeon on YouTube. He mentions this in many of his videos but Fertility is one of the most exploited economic factors of them all.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:22 AM

80 posts, read 112,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaMan View Post
At the end of the day they don't care. If they cared, they would have used birth control until they were able to raise a family in a safe environment.

This isn't the first case of "mistaken identity" and won't be the last. BTW this happens in Chicago on the DAILY basis - Civilian casualties in gang heavy areas are about 10x higher than they were in the 80's and 90's. There is a big generational difference in gangs between now and then. Now these young gang members don't care about limiting the loss of innocent life in the unaffiliated. They don't give a sh**. In the 70's if you were in a gang and did this, they would not kick you out - They would either kill you or tell you to get out of town or you would be forced to provide monthly restitution payments to the family.

It is 2018 now - So in 2035 I do not want to hear about this happening anymore. The internet is available on people's phones now. The condom broke? OK let's google what we can do. The most ignorant person lacking an education in NYC can now access resources and information at their fingertips. You don't have to go to the public library in 1996 like I did as a youth to access the internet before AOL CDs started being mailed to homes and apartments. The only people dying this way should be other gang members who signed up for this. If you bring a child into the ghetto willingly and your child dies like this - It's entirely your fault. Having a child in the ghetto while on welfare should be a criminal offense.

I am tired of hearing about this. I have multiple relatives who willingly live in poverty in various states. My step-mother raised my half sister in environment like this, she is lucky to have made it out alive. Because now the Women are just as violent as the Men in these communities and kill other Women over trivial matters such as perceived "looking at their Man" the wrong way for a split second. So I know the mentality. Recklessness, willful ignorance entitlement and apathy. But then everyone cries and shed tears when the inevitable happens. This has been happening since my parents were young in the 70's. At what point are people in this city going to evolve and stop having children in poverty and having those kids either become criminals or become the victim of criminals. When you bring a child into this world with no money you are causing problems either for that child or other children.

This is why circumstances of birth dictate success. Most of those kids won't make it until my age alive if they do it's because they are incarcerated in maximum security.

The ghetto is full of Women and kids and young roughnecks. There are virtually no older Men (40+) they are all dead or incarcerated. The government created the Ghetto but now it's up to the people to stop the dependency and addiction to helplessness. The first thing you can do to help yourself is to not reproduce in these situations.
This is largely false. Anyone who was alive in NYC during the 80s and 90s would tell you violence was waaay worse back then. Youth violence is still bad but no where near as bad as it was in the past. NYC was like a third world country crime wise back then. FBI stats basically contradict everything you said.

As for everything else I mentioned, I largely agree that people shouldn't have children in these circumstances, but you need to break the cycle. It honestly seems like though that when I go to New York I don't see nearly as much children even in poor neighborhoods as have in the past. NYC has a pretty high abortion rate and most young women I know the last thing on their mind is getting pregnant, birth rates are at record lows too. The only girls I see still getting knocked up young are the Hispanic ones and that may have something to do with their conservative catholic culture. I believe everyone involved in this case was Dominican.

Good post overall.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:25 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,490,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
You don’t do that in NYC
He's a cop, he's exempt from local gun control laws

Old 06-24-2018, 10:41 AM

15,864 posts, read 14,491,391 times
Nothing is ever going to be perfect. But how much of a body count are we willing to tolerate from these gang bangers? At some point you have to write the laws and live with the consequences.

Look at what happened to the murder rate in this country from around the 1990-1992 period (when the country launched a big crackdown on the crack trade) and now. Truthfully, it wasn't too effective in stopping drug sales, but it had a huge effect on reducing street violence. And yes, a lot of people were locked up. But it was completely worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
And just like in the war on drugs, the law of unintended consequences kicks in on "gang membership." Someone could be prosecuted for just knowing a gang member, or even yet, be accused, with little evidence of activity linked to a gang. Which means unnecessary lockups of folk!

And folk want to blame the culture of not snitchin'; trust me, the community will turn the rest of these cats in, just like moms turned in her son!

Old 06-24-2018, 11:07 AM

931 posts, read 802,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaMan View Post
The culture changes when the people want it to.

The Bronx has been a long time death trap with a legacy of various urban planners such as Robert Moses (if I remember his name correctly) contributing to urban blight and creating the perfect storm that encourages a lack of education options, certain housing developments which suppress home ownership, lowers the appeal of accountability and artificially depresses property values (discouraging working class NYers from settling down there) which dominoes into what we see today.

Not to mention the deliberate excessive construction of housing projects and laws which demand that the Father not be involved or making any legitimate money in order to qualify for the benefits.

Perhaps in the 60's instead of making housing projects they should have been handing out condoms and free enrollment at community colleges. The U.S. government is at least 50% responsible for all of this - The other 50% is on the individual for continuing to fuel the system with new fodder (their children).

Keep feeding your children into the school-to-prison and school-to-graveyard pipeline. Although the private for-profit prisons would prefer the former so they can milk the NY tax base as much as possible. We pay for gangs on the streets, pay to keep them incarcerated and pay for extra police to keep them in check. We pay with our children's lives, we pay and just keep paying.

It's time to close wallets and stop providing fodder for this inept system that requires warm bodies. This is a much bigger issue than just this poor kid.

Blacks and Whites are not reproducing at a high enough rate to keep this system going. Latin Americans are very family oriented and serve as the perfect replacement. The U.S. government requires immigration from Latin America to keep the existing system going.

I highly encourage people to watch Black Pigeon on YouTube. He mentions this in many of his videos but Fertility is one of the most exploited economic factors of them all.

I blame politicians and pop culture more so than others. First line of defense is the household (mom & dad, if there's even a dad in the picture) laying down a good foundation for the child. If that's screwed up and you add pop culture influencing your impressionable child combined with sleazy, vote pandering politicians pimpin' people into the victim mentality, enabling and emboldening certain uncivilized behavior, its no wonder why we have these issues.

Old 06-24-2018, 11:16 AM

19,058 posts, read 13,977,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
You don’t do that in NYC
24/7 pal for almost 20 years.

I recently added a wedding at the Water Club. I couldn’t figure out how to conceal my typical carry gun while wearing my new suit. Before we ever left the house I made it clear that I’d be buying a new handgun/holster combo to go with that suit. My wife obviously agreed.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 06-24-2018, 11:24 AM

34,098 posts, read 47,316,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
24/7 pal for almost 20 years.

I recently added a wedding at the Water Club. I couldn’t figure out how to conceal my typical carry gun while wearing my new suit. Before we ever left the house I made it clear that I’d be buying a new handgun/holster combo to go with that suit. My wife obviously agreed.
Dude good for you

These streets R crazy, can't trust nothing

If you can protect your family the way you can, I can't do s--t but salute that

I would have gave my fellow MoD Reps, but:

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Airborneguy again."

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-24-2018, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMesa View Post
This is largely false. Anyone who was alive in NYC during the 80s and 90s would tell you violence was waaay worse back then. Youth violence is still bad but no where near as bad as it was in the past. NYC was like a third world country crime wise back then. FBI stats basically contradict everything you said.

As for everything else I mentioned, I largely agree that people shouldn't have children in these circumstances, but you need to break the cycle. It honestly seems like though that when I go to New York I don't see nearly as much children even in poor neighborhoods as have in the past. NYC has a pretty high abortion rate and most young women I know the last thing on their mind is getting pregnant, birth rates are at record lows too. The only girls I see still getting knocked up young are the Hispanic ones and that may have something to do with their conservative catholic culture. I believe everyone involved in this case was Dominican.

Good post overall.
My grandmother lived in Brownsville and Jamaica Queens most her life. She said today's young thugs are much more reckless than in anytime since the 70s.

My Father had several fights all out school brawls in the 70s and 80s in Brooklyn and and Queens (talking Warriors movie type stuff on the train ) and the worst he got was a black eye broken rib and arm etc.

Today they shank you for accidentally making eye contact. It's undoubtedly worse. Most times in the 80s if you got robbed you gave them what they wanted and you survived. If a hit was put on someone it was for something SERIOUS (not a perceived SLIGHT) like you raped someone's sister or shanked his little brother in jail for no good reason. And they made 90% sure you were the guy. They followed you for a whole day made a payphone call and double checked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City