Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2019, 10:19 AM

13 posts, read 22,016 times

Advertisements

SUMMERSNOW 11,thanks for the info regarding October 7.
I was processing for the provisional back in Dec 2018 & had met with an investigator, was fingerprinted then. Hoping I get the same investigator now that I am processing for permanant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2019, 11:48 AM

41 posts, read 83,522 times
Hi all, I was part of the 11am pool, like it was mentioned not really a lot of ppl. This is my 3rd pool and they did and said the same thing. Collect documents and gave you all the information again about the shifts probation etc. They didn't collect a full set of prints it was just four finger of your right hand (same as before).

Has anyone that attended Friday already received the CPD email? Last year it came in less than 24hours if I remember correctly. I had previously done the CPD Booklet and the investigator. Hope that is still in good standing and the process is quicker.

Yes Summersnow, thanks for heads up about Oct 7th! I had reached out to Ms. Maloney and she just mentioned it was for October. Having an actual day makes it seem more legit now.

Good luck to all.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:50 AM

80 posts, read 199,245 times
Good morning everybody,

I have an update: As recent as yesterday I received word that the Hiring Unit is up to the low 400s on the list.

This appears to be a good indicator that things are moving faster than expected.

Hopefully we all will be called up to a hiring class and soon!

Good luck to one and all!

Old 08-21-2019, 11:09 AM

54 posts, read 87,080 times
When you guys meet or receive word from investigators, please update us

Old 08-22-2019, 07:09 AM

41 posts, read 83,522 times
Thanks for the update Manny! Hope you guys get called soon.

Has anyone that attended Friday received an email yet?

Old 08-24-2019, 02:16 PM

Hello everybody,

Has anyone been who has been hired as a provisional have any information on what it's like training/working as a PAA?

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Keep your head up and as always good luck to all!

Old 08-26-2019, 04:21 PM

9 posts, read 10,973 times
I am high 300s and i have not received anything. How are you sure they are up to low 400s?

Old 08-26-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpfulperson255 View Post
I am high 300s and i have not received anything. How are you sure they are up to low 400s?
Hey helpfulperson255,

I am 100% certain that that is the case, as I was told via phone call that they were at the low 400s -- at that time.

My recommendation is that you call and ask them what number they are up to; and when they do tell you what that is, then ask why you haven't gotten called yet.

Hope that helps and as always good luck!

Old 08-26-2019, 08:27 PM

54 posts, read 87,080 times
My sister who works for the city sent this to me.

1 in 3 Rule or Rule Of Three

When you take an exam, pass, and end up on a list, under NYS law a hiring manager can select candidates off the list using the “1 in 3 Rule” which is also known as “The Rule of Three”.
There have been many concerns about this practice, but it has been around a long time.

Basically, it allows an agency to select one out of three candidates in a particular place on the list, and not have to take the other two of the three.

For example, if there were three individuals on a list, with respective scores of 100, 95, and 90, and any of them would take the job if offered, the agency can select the one who scored 90 and can disregard the other higher-ranked candidates.

Here’s another example. Say an agency had five openings. A test was given, and a list was certified where one candidate scored 100, one who scored 95, and twenty who scored 90. The agency can skip the 100 and 95 and take their five from the twenty “90” core candidates.

Old 08-27-2019, 06:30 AM

9 posts, read 10,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyp1227 View Post
Hey helpfulperson255,

I am 100% certain that that is the case, as I was told via phone call that they were at the low 400s -- at that time.

My recommendation is that you call and ask them what number they are up to; and when they do tell you what that is, then ask why you haven't gotten called yet.

Hope that helps and as always good luck!
I appreciate it. Who did you call if you don't mind me asking. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City