Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 10:25 PM

6 posts, read 9,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknjill1234 View Post
Congratulations to all coming in on the 18th. Just a heads up, the Academy is freezing so make sure to bring a sweater.
Haha good to know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2019, 04:25 AM

41 posts, read 83,522 times
Also, if you don't wanna spend $10 a day bring lunch. They don't have a fridge for storage but they do have microwaves.

Old 11-20-2019, 08:23 AM

Did you guys have a good day at the Academy?

Old 11-24-2019, 09:10 AM

54 posts, read 87,080 times
Yes! Training is going great.

Old 11-24-2019, 02:20 PM

28 posts, read 48,851 times
The academy is going great. A whole lot of paper work! lol. ALOT of information, especially the do's and dont's of the job.

Old 12-18-2019, 06:52 AM

How's it going guys? I heard they have a hiring pool coming up. Good luck to those still waiting!

Old 02-03-2020, 05:19 PM

Did anyone get called for the class that was rumored to have started today ?

Old 03-02-2020, 01:59 PM

80 posts, read 199,245 times
Good day one and all,

This is to serve as an update into my situation as it relates to the BI for the PAA position.

It has been 1 and a half months since I was cleared pending job verification and I am STILL waiting from PD in regards to whether or not my jobs were verified.

I called up BOTH of my prior jobs and between both, the most it would have taken would be 1 to 2 WEEKS.

Am I dreaming or is there an injustice going on with my case in regards to 2 pieces of mail to get to PD in reference to my past employment getting verified.

Any advice given in relation to this would be which appreciated.

PS: My investigator was changed without any sort of notice; for I called and had to learn of that change.

PPS: This hyper demoralizing to any persons who just want to get a job and achieve something that is emblematic of progression.

Last edited by mannyp1227; 03-02-2020 at 02:14 PM..

Old 03-02-2020, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyp1227 View Post
Good day one and all,

This is to serve as an update into my situation as it relates to the BI for the PAA position.

It has been 1 and a half months since I was cleared pending job verification and I am STILL waiting from PD in regards to whether or not my jobs were verified.

I called up BOTH of my prior jobs and between both, the most it would have taken would be 1 to 2 WEEKS.

Am I dreaming or is there an injustice going on with my case in regards to 2 pieces of mail to get to PD in reference to my past employment getting verified.

Any advice given in relation to this would be which appreciated.

PS: My investigator was changed without any sort of notice; for I called and had to learn of that change.

PPS: This hyper demoralizing to any persons who just want to get a job and achieve something that is emblematic of progression.

A class went in on February 3rd, which consisted of about 50-60 PAAs. Why is it taking so long for your jobs to get back to your investigator? What does your investigator say when you tell him that the former jobs seem to be taking long to submit the references. Also, what was the range of your list number ?

Old 03-02-2020, 05:58 PM

80 posts, read 199,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summersnow11 View Post
A class went in on February 3rd, which consisted of about 50-60 PAAs. Why is it taking so long for your jobs to get back to your investigator? What does your investigator say when you tell him that the former jobs seem to be taking long to submit the references. Also, what was the range of your list number ?
If I had a scintilla of a clue as to why ... this whole process has taken THIS long...

I know of people who attain federal level jobs and do not go this brand of mental torture.

I get the same scripted answers every time I inquire about the status of my investigation "It is STILL under investigation".

I will not be providing any range as to my list number; but I will say that it was enough to get me called into the December 2019 hiring pool.

This is why for the longest time I had no desire to even want to bother seeking any sort of employment (public nor private); for it feels like I have to walk thru hell and back bare footed and STILL have to jump thru many hoops thereafter.

THIS WHOLE PROCESS has been supremely and gravely demoralizing and heavily depressing.

For ALL who see this post and are thinking about applying at anytime in the future...

BE FOREWARNED: You will be hyper depressed and very very demoralized.

PS: It is not my previous jobs that are taking "forever"; it is the investigator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City