Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 03:38 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,543,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
If it's expensive enough as is, why advocate for more non citizens to be here who aren't paying into it?

I have been paying into SS since I arrived in this country and began working 34 years ago. Ditto Medicare.

I have being paying for many US born beneficiaries but I am not sure if these safety nets will be around when I need them.

So thank you and stop your bigotry and also proving to me that "progressives" are often as bigoted as those who vote for Donald Trump. The reason why the USA has less of a crisis in supporting these safety nets than does Europe is that immigrants exist and pay MORE into these systems than they pull out, given that they are younger.

The issue isn't immigration. It is about ILLEGAL immigrants who are exploited by unscrupulous employers who pay them cash to avoid incurring payroll and other expenses. Legal immigrants are MORE likely to work than are the US born, as they are younger so are NOT the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 03:39 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,603,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Explain why did th MS13 start in LA then. It did NOT start in Central America.

And yes their parents, working long hours had as much trouble keeping their kids away from trouble as do many American parents.

You will be on firmer ground if you scream that the hysteria about MS 13 and similar gangs is greatly exaggerated. But it clearly was life in the USA for the kids of these migrants which created the problems in the late 80s and early 90s, when black and Mexican American and other gangs were attacking them and they needed to defend themselves.
Violence is an issue throughout much of Latin America, it could have just as easily been an issue without the deportations. Venezuela is extremely crime ridden and there is no MS-13 there.

It doesn't matter if it started in America, there is nothing American about the current MS-13 epidemic. Every last MS-13 member in the US should be deported.

The actual US born Latin gangs like Latin Kings aren't really an issue anymore, they're not dumping 16 year old's bodies in parks left and right.

Old 02-20-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Violence is an issue throughout much of Latin America, .

In fact there are more Latin Kings and Trintarios and others in the NY area than there are MS13s, who barely exist in NYC.

But you are welcome to your bigotry and denial that the USA has many social problems and gang violence is a symptom.

Should Canada and Europe ban Americans because of our proclivity to kill children is school? Our violence is a scandal when compared to most advanced nations, and the ease that the mentally disturbed can acquire guns is a disgrace.

Old 02-20-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
I have been paying into SS since I arrived in this country and began working 34 years ago. Ditto Medicare.

I have being paying for many US born beneficiaries but I am not sure if these safety nets will be around when I need them.

So thank you and stop your bigotry and also proving to me that "progressives" are often as bigoted as those who vote for Donald Trump. The reason why the USA has less of a crisis in supporting these safety nets than does Europe is that immigrants exist and pay MORE into these systems than they pull out, given that they are younger.

The issue isn't immigration. It is about ILLEGAL immigrants who are exploited by unscrupulous employers who pay them cash to avoid incurring payroll and other expenses. Legal immigrants are MORE likely to work than are the US born, as they are younger so are NOT the problem.
How am I bigoted? I never said I had any problem with immigrants, I have a problem with letting in endless illegal immigrants. If you came here legally I have zero issue and even if you came illegally I don't care, as long as you're not a degenerate criminal (like every last member of MS-13 and 18th street are).

And most MS-13 members ARE illegal immigrants.

The only bigoted one here is you, you don't care about the prosperity of Hispanic people in the US and would rather their communities be plagued by poverty and crime (just to spite right wingers).

Old 02-20-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
In fact there are more Latin Kings and Trintarios and others in the NY area than there are MS13s, who barely exist in NYC.

But you are welcome to your bigotry and denial that the USA has many social problems and gang violence is a symptom.

Should Canada and Europe ban Americans because of our proclivity to kill children is school? Our violence is a scandal when compared to most advanced nations, and the ease that the mentally disturbed can acquire guns is a disgrace.
MS-13 will grow in NYC if the far left gets their way and gang members don't get deported. They are responsible for a very large chunk of murders in Long Island, despite only a few hundred members. Queens has had a few MS-13 related murders in just a few months.

And the violence gap between the US and Canada is MINISCULE compared to that between the US and any Central American country.

Latin kings are way more likely to be US born (thus can't be deported) and they aren't murdering teenagers left and right. So they are less of an issue

Old 02-20-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
How am I bigoted? I never said I had any problem with immigrants, I have a problem with letting in endless illegal immigrants. If you came here legally I have zero issue and even if you came illegally I don't care, as long as you're not a degenerate criminal (like every last member of MS-13 and 18th street are).

And most MS-13 members ARE illegal immigrants.

The only bigoted one here is you, you don't care about the prosperity of Hispanic people in the US and would rather their communities be plagued by poverty and crime (just to spite right wingers).

You were told that illegal immigrants are LESS likely to commit crime than are other groups. YOUR issue is your bigotry towards Latin Americans. You prejudge people even when the data tells you otherwise.

MS13 are AMERICAN gangs born on the streets of LA. In fact Central American nations blame the USA for allowing the creation of such brutal gangs and then dumping the problem of maladjusted kids who were taken to the USA and then neglected, and dumped back on them when US origin social problems erupted.

Old 02-20-2019, 03:54 PM

Quote:
MS-13 will grow in NYC if the far left gets their way

So here is what you do. Ensure that every single person from California arriving in NY gets a criminal check before being allowed out of the airport.

MS13 was BORN IN THE STREETS of Los Angeles, which is an AMERICAN city when last I heard.

And while we are at it allow Canadians to screen every single white American male entering that nation as they are appalled that mass shootings in schools is now a routine issue in the USA.

After all if you can prejudge others than others can prejudge as well!

Old 02-20-2019, 03:57 PM

Quote:
You were told that illegal immigrants are LESS likely to commit crime than are other groups. YOUR issue is your bigotry towards Latin Americans. You prejudge people even when the data tells you otherwise.

MS13 are AMERICAN gangs born on the streets of LA. In fact Central American nations blame the USA for allowing the creation of such brutal gangs and then dumping the problem of maladjusted kids who were taken to the USA and then neglected, and dumped back on them when US origin social problems erupted.
What data? You provided zero proof. My issue isn't with illegal immigrants though, it's with MS-13/18th street as well as the far left actually wanting open borders. I am not prejudiced against Latin Americans at all, I want their communities to be safe and prosperous. You seem to view them as pawns and don't care if they suffer from bad left wing policies.

MS-13 is NOT American, most of their members live in Central America and almost all of its members are Central American nationals.

What was the US supposed to do, allow them to stay here commit crimes? Any developed country would have done the same thing.

Old 02-20-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
So here is what you do. Ensure that every single person from California arriving in NY gets a criminal check before being allowed out of the airport.

MS13 was BORN IN THE STREETS of Los Angeles, which is an AMERICAN city when last I heard.

And while we are at it allow Canadians to screen every single white American male entering that nation as they are appalled that mass shootings in schools is now a routine issue in the USA.

After all if you can prejudge others than others can prejudge as well!
It doesn't matter if it was born in LA, it is a gang entirely composed of non-Americans.

Why are you so invested in dedending MS-13?

And school shootings barely make up any of the country's violence, but nice try. NYC and the surrounding area has had zero school shootings recently, but plenty of MS-13 and 18th street homicides.

Old 02-20-2019, 05:42 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
Quote:
Really? So who is going to take care of the babies and do the landscaping for all of those Bernie female fans. They don't cut grass and nor do they typically want to spend all day cleaning up their babies.

This is why they advocate illegal immigration.

They almost never talk about legal immigration, because legal immigrants demand higher poor and quit as soon as they can do better. One would begin to think that most people migrating to the USA either enter illegally or repeat the tale told to them by their human traffickers that bringing a kid and wailing about violence is the best way to a life of cutting grass for rich "progressives".

There is a PROCESS of migrating to the USA and if the advocates want it changed then they should begin discussion of this. ONLY unscrupulous employers and human traffickers and greedy landlords benefit from illegal migration.

You'll have to pay a fair wage to someone. The economy would even out. .

The trades are one of the biggest areas where illegal immigrants take good paying jobs from citizens. When truck driving jobs disappear in the next 10-15 years, the situation is going to get worse and you'll have even more angry working class men who'd support someone like Trump. When it comes to the government allowing illegal immigrants to take their jobs, they have something to be legitimately angry about. This isn't just a "made up" issue. Where I live, construction crews where men used to be able to earn a living and buy their own home ..like my uncles and cousins....are now made up almost entirely of illegal immigrants. These aren't the jobs "Americans won't do", those are the jobs taken by illegal labor, for all intents and purposes fully endorsed by both political parties for decades since they did nothing to stop it. I understand Mexican men wanting to come here to earn money and send it home to their families, but it is the job of the US government to protect its own citizens first, not Mexicans.

After truck driving jobs are gone, the trades will be one of the few good paying jobs for people without college educations left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City