Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 12:23 PM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
We welcome and encourage wealth made through fair competitions and honest and productive contributions that provide meaningful services to benefit the well beings of other members. Wealth made through illegal/unethical acts is indeed politically and ethically incorrect.
Do you have examples?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2019, 01:26 PM

5,462 posts, read 5,702,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I hold dual U.S./Spanish citizenship and I've lived in Spain for two years. All over Western Europe has socialized medicine, much better funded public transportation, and a much higher standard of living. These days all over Western Europe gets a lot of immigrants and there are not homogenous by any stretch of the means, Europe is now diverse due to immigration.
Spain has $27k per year income per capita and 14% unemployment rate.. better standard of living LMAO.

Last edited by Gantz; 10-21-2019 at 01:34 PM..

Old 10-21-2019, 01:41 PM

5,462 posts, read 5,702,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I’m paying 350 a month for a three bedroom with an excellent view.
You're paying that for the same reason you can get beachfront property in Mississippi for that price as well... most people around you are **** broke, poor, and unemployed, and can't afford to pay higher rents.

Old 10-21-2019, 03:40 PM

5,112 posts, read 4,959,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Do you have examples?
More than I care to list, including both published/caught ones and those that are still under investigation. I have personally reported illegal riches to law enforcement but haven’t resulted in any convictions yet.

Old 10-21-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
How exactly does the average person catch/expose a ponzi scheme/ elite sex ring??
Being aware of and mindful about it and voice your concerns to your legal representatives in the Senate or House. If enough of the grass roots are constantly watching out for while collar fraudulent activities/ crimes, it will form a deterring societal environment to make them think three times or more.

Old 10-21-2019, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
Spain has $27k per year income per capita and 14% unemployment rate.. better standard of living LMAO.
One has to be from a NyC ghetto to truly appreciate the “wonderful “ standard of living in the declining euro nations like spain...

Old 10-21-2019, 03:56 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
Can you guys just listen for once and let the actual people who have experience living in Europe--i.e. me and NYWriterDude--speak on this? Pretty please?

I just got back from the Netherlands on September 20th, actually. While I was there my boyfriend and I were walking and I suddenly doubled over in pain. Eventually, I asked him to call an ambulance. I was brought to a new, clean hospital with a staff that spoke flawless (and I mean flawless) English. Not once was I asked about my insurance or how I would pay. Instead, I was seen immediately and helped promptly. I was given pain medication, a sonogram, a scan, and was treated with dignity and respect. They discovered I had a kidney stone, I got two prescriptions and was sent on my way. I never received a bill.

Years ago, my mom was visiting me in Italy as I was living there at the time. On the plane coming to me, she tripped and broke her wrist. We immediately went to the hospital where they took x-rays and she was given prompt medical attention. She was given pain medication, her wrist set, and she enjoyed the rest of her vacation. She never received a bill.

WHY WOULDN'T AMERICANS WANT THIS?!?! What is wrong with us?
You think the ambulance runs on cold fusion not gasoline? You think the hospital built itself? You think the doctors and nurses are volunteers? Somebody paid for it. Somebody who didn't have the issues or need the services. It wasn't "free".

Of course you want this. Everyone loves getting stuff for free. Nobody likes paying for stuff they never get. Try being on the other end of the equation and see how much you want that.

If it's so great, why aren't you still there?

Old 10-21-2019, 06:10 PM

1,339 posts, read 1,682,286 times
Well, again, I realize that these things cost money. I mean, I'd have to be pretty stupid not to so I don't understand your talking point. And again, I repeat that I am happy to pay for them. I have absolutely zero compunctions about my tax money going to essential services such as healthcare and social welfare programs. Why on earth would anyone be opposed to that?

Paying for essential services for everyone and not just for you is part of being in a civilized society. I don't have kids and don't want kids but guess what? Some of my taxes go to schools and children and I am okay with that! I think it's wonderful that my money goes to schools and roads and public services for the benefit of everyone. I am not low income and don't need subsidized food stamps but guess what? Happy my money goes to feeding needy people, too.

See where I am going with this? I really don't understand the American fascination with "I got mine, so **** you!"

And as to why I am not living full time in Europe? Easy, my family is here in NYC.

Old 10-21-2019, 06:11 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
You're paying that for the same reason you can get beachfront property in Mississippi for that price as well... most people around you are **** broke, poor, and unemployed, and can't afford to pay higher rents.
I think he’s in denial because he feels that Europeans aren’t racists but Americans are, so everything about this country just plain sucks ass. While it is true that the US has had more open race related problems than the EU has, it still exists in Europe. They are just very quiet about it. I’ll never forget the day a blonde blue eyed woman from Malaga, Spain went on and on about how she wouldn’t date or live with African Muslims. But in person she goes out of her way to be friendly and talkative to them. She would say things like, “ segregation is not racism- just preference”. (And for the record, she despises Trump).

Old 10-21-2019, 06:50 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,593,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I think he’s in denial because he feels that Europeans aren’t racists but Americans are, so everything about this country just plain sucks ass. While it is true that the US has had more open race related problems than the EU has, it still exists in Europe. They are just very quiet about it. I’ll never forget the day a blonde blue eyed woman from Malaga, Spain went on and on about how she wouldn’t date or live with African Muslims. But in person she goes out of her way to be friendly and talkative to them. She would say things like, “ segregation is not racism- just preference”. (And for the record, she despises Trump).
There is open racism in Europe too, like soccer fans doing things such as throwing bananas at players
Or the attempted Mosque shooting in Norway the other day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City