Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2019, 06:09 AM

12,791 posts, read 8,298,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
What's good in the Village and/or West Village?
Ninth Street Espresso is decent. Abraço is supposed to be good as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2019, 08:12 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times
Sometimes the easiest way to get good coffee anywhere is to simply wait or ask the worker to make fresh coffee. I was at a Wawa's convenient store, they use pre-measured foil packs and it usually taste inferior to fresh ground but if they make the coffee fresh. There's enough flavor in the initial brew to give you a decent coffee without having to go to a fancier cafe.

Old 12-13-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Sometimes the easiest way to get good coffee anywhere is to simply wait or ask the worker to make fresh coffee. I was at a Wawa's convenient store, they use pre-measured foil packs and it usually taste inferior to fresh ground but if they make the coffee fresh. There's enough flavor in the initial brew to give you a decent coffee without having to go to a fancier cafe.
Went to another La Colombe recently down in Tribeca... LOVED it... Du's Donuts taste even better there. Nice lay out... Only thing I didn't care for was there's no place to stand and have your coffee like a bar or something. I usually don't sit with my cortado or macchiato or espresso, so I stood and drank mine.

Old 12-13-2019, 02:56 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,089,772 times
down the street, up an avenue, across the street on the corner...

Old 12-13-2019, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
There's always your bodega with coffee that tastes like dish water.

Old 12-17-2019, 01:47 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,857,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Opinion: Good One!

Old 12-18-2019, 07:55 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,089,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
That Fairway is hit or miss. I hate the fact that part of the store is in the basement. Always feels kind of dirty in there too, so I only stick with items that I can't get elsewhere that are sealed. Only feels slightly cleaner than the Upper West Side location.

Nothing dirty about the Eastside Fairway, except perhaps the sloppy men's room. The store is spotless. Their fish market is a godsend with ALMOST fair prices...if you look for sales.
The main downside are the long and slow checkout lines.

Something I often think about when in line. In my childhood the standard capitalist Cold-War propaganda was "In Russia, people have to wait in long lines to buy food." So welcome to Fairway, Trader Joes, and Whole Foods, comrade. "Line up to buy your food."

Last edited by Kefir King; 12-18-2019 at 08:07 AM..

Old 12-18-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Nothing dirty about the Eastside Fairway, except perhaps the sloppy men's room. The store is spotless. Their fish market is a godsend with ALMOST fair prices...if you look for sales.
The main downside are the long and slow checkout lines.

Something I often think about when in line. In my childhood the standard capitalist Cold-War propaganda was "In Russia, people have to wait in long lines to buy food." So welcome to Fairway, Trader Joes, and Whole Foods, comrade. "Line up to buy your food."
I was in there looking for some imported treats last Saturday after I finished up at Whole Foods. Went round and round and couldn't find what I needed. That is what I do like about that place. They are good for specialty items (I generally DO find what I am looking for, just not this time), but the aisles are too clogged. Overall not a place I enjoy shopping.

Old 12-19-2019, 08:39 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,089,626 times
^Well at least you didn't have to wait in line.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
^Well at least you didn't have to wait in line.
Don't get me started on that... The lines wrap around the store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City