Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 04:41 AM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times

Advertisements

If you’re gonna do mass produced brew

Trader Joe’s light roast or their Pumpkin Spice right now is the way to go
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2019, 07:42 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,541,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
If you’re gonna do mass produced brew

Trader Joe’s light roast or their Pumpkin Spice right now is the way to go
I like Trader Joe's Dark Roast (not the French so much).

Old 12-06-2019, 08:53 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Quote:
Kefir, leave that mass produced sh** alone. Fairway is right there. Get a half pound of ground brew. I personally prefer their chocolate raspberry

Chock Full of Nuts is decent if mixed with 1/3 Fairway Italian Roast (VERY hearty.) That mix cuts my cost in half and still gives me a heady brew. STAIGHT Fairway is a bit too harsh for me.

Old 12-06-2019, 10:03 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Kefir, leave that mass produced sh** alone. Fairway is right there. Get a half pound of ground brew. I personally prefer their chocolate raspberry
That Fairway is hit or miss. I hate the fact that part of the store is in the basement. Always feels kind of dirty in there too, so I only stick with items that I can't get elsewhere that are sealed. Only feels slightly cleaner than the Upper West Side location.

Old 12-06-2019, 10:37 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
LMAO. For drinking, I buy 1% or skim, but for coffee, I always go with whole milk. It's a tiny amount in some espresso for the day. I don't drink sugary things often, so drinking water most of the day doesn't do any damage.
I don't know why people drink skim or 1% milk, it's just illogical. If you think fat milk is bad for you, did you realize that all cow's milk have 11g of sugar per cup? Lactose is basically a type of sugar. You'll gain weight drinking skim or whole milk because of the sugar content.

As for the fat, milk fat contains omega 3/6 DHA. If you take that out, you'll get nothing left and you need omega 3/6 to fight inflammation caused by carbs. That's why drinking skim or low fat milk is nutritionally bad and I don't count added fortification to milk as a good thing. You don't need the extra iron or calcium. Calcium should be absorbed with magnesium and cow's milk has none of it.

Companies also can't add Omega 3/6 supplements to skim or 1% milk because it increases fat content.

Time Magazine: The Case Against Low-fat Milk Is Stronger Than Ever

Old 12-06-2019, 10:49 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I don't know why people drink skim or 1% milk, it's just illogical. If you think fat milk is bad for you, did you realize that all cow's milk have 11g of sugar per cup? Lactose is basically a type of sugar. You'll gain weight drinking skim or whole milk because of the sugar content.

As for the fat, milk fat contains omega 3/6 DHA. If you take that out, you'll get nothing left and you need omega 3/6 to fight inflammation caused by carbs. That's why drinking skim or low fat milk is nutritionally bad and I don't count added fortification to milk as a good thing. You don't need the extra iron or calcium. Calcium should be absorbed with magnesium and cow's milk has none of it.

Companies also can't add Omega 3/6 supplements to skim or 1% milk because it increases fat content.

Time Magazine: The Case Against Low-fat Milk Is Stronger Than Ever
We've been taught that whole milk is bad for you for years about the fat content. For years I slowly went from whole milk in college to 2%, to 1%, and then to skim. Now I've been going in the opposite direction. My girlfriend hates skim milk, so I compromised and went with 1%, and now I've even been getting organic whole milk here and there, which is great. The taste can't be beat. I would say that drinking 1% I don't really miss the fat lost. It's a nice middle ground if you want some fat in your milk. I can do skim depending on the brand. I think Stonyfield and Organic Valley do a nice job.I don't worry either way. I think it's all about moderation, but I've always wondered about the whole oat milk craze. Some people also refuse to put any sugar in their coffee. I think one or two teaspoons is fine if you are just having one coffee a day. It's a small amount of sugar if you don't drink any other sugary drinks and stick with still or sparkling water.

Old 12-07-2019, 01:08 PM

111 posts, read 141,554 times
My drink of choice is a small americano. My go to spots in prospect heights area where I work most of the time are Gorilla coffee on Bergen between Flatbush and 5th ave and Lincoln Station on Lincoln between Washington and classon.

Old 12-08-2019, 11:43 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
My minimum size at home is 19 ounces. It USED to be 2 mugs that size but that was when I had company.

My coffee is pretty decent: I don't want to go OUT for it or spend 10 times as much for it.

Old 12-08-2019, 02:04 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,815,444 times
I like La Colombe

Old 12-08-2019, 04:43 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Opinion: Good Grief. After reading all these posts ......6:45pm I'm gonna make me a cup of java. I'll be up all night....Oh....well..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City