Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2020, 10:02 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,600,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGuy72 View Post
This appears to be two Chinese, most likely both foreigners from mainland China. While gun violence is unheard of in China, knife stabbings is the preferred method of deadly assault. It's quite common. Living near Flushing, Queens, I know many mainland Chinese, and they've all told me this. The perp likely knows his victim. Seldom do Chinese attack total strangers in the streets of NYC.
Chinese are POC. Even if they're not usually economically lumped in with that term

Last edited by Airborneguy; 03-10-2020 at 07:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2020, 12:04 AM

278 posts, read 140,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
I suggest you leave Far Rockaway and explore other neighborhoods and other countries. Living in crime and filth is not normal. Stop trying to normalize and trivialize it. This is why black and brown neighborhoods are so ****ty. This sense of apathy. One crime committed is too much! Acceptance of any type of crime helps to keep the values of our neighborhood down and makes it less desirable.

How the hell are you a mod with the type of responses you give on the board is a mystery to me.
What countries are you talking about exactly?

Old 03-10-2020, 05:58 AM

34,096 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
I suggest you leave Far Rockaway and explore other neighborhoods and other countries. Living in crime and filth is not normal. Stop trying to normalize and trivialize it. This is why black and brown neighborhoods are so ****ty. This sense of apathy. One crime committed is too much! Acceptance of any type of crime helps to keep the values of our neighborhood down and makes it less desirable.

How the hell are you a mod with the type of responses you give on the board is a mystery to me.
Where I live has nothing to do with it

I have more important things to worry about than somebody getting stabbed in Sunset Park

For all you know, both parties involved could have been criminals

One crime committed is too much? So show us where there's zero crime, because that's where some of you need to go to.

I've been to other countries and have seen crimes committed in front of my eyes too, so go ahead with that

How dare you stereotype your own, you know nothing about me

I'm of West Indian heritage too FYI

The nerve.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Last edited by SeventhFloor; 03-10-2020 at 07:08 AM..

Old 03-10-2020, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonae View Post
Word right

What countries

Every country has crime unless she's talking about some place Luxembourg, Switzerland or Liechtenstein-esque

Old 03-10-2020, 06:09 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
Quote:

Repped. I have been asking the same thing for awhile now.

Old 03-10-2020, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Repped. I have been asking the same thing for awhile now.
Opinions are like...you know the rest

Old 03-10-2020, 06:33 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonae View Post
I think that’s left up to Seventhfloor, depending on what type of experience he’s going for. If Seventh wants to experience the high crime countries he can try Venezuela or South Africa. If he wants moderate crime, try Russia or Panama. If he wants low crime, he can try Japan or Norway.

There are lots of countries to choose from for whatever crime level one wants to experience.

Old 03-10-2020, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Why would you want to post that?

And what makes you think that the video refutes the idea that it's out-of-proportion fear-mongering? It doesn't do anything of the sort. And, yes, valid crime statistics are accumulated over years, or decade, not months.
"crime waves" are nothing more than bunk to keep the public scared and docile like sheep

Mind you everybody is only posting about the reported crimes that they have access to hear about

What about the unreported crimes ppl don't know about

The media is pretty much giving you guys stuff to worry about, that how this whole set-up works

This stabbing does not physically affect anybody who posted in this thread, including me

Because the truth is most ppl get scared into thinking that after watching this video, now they think somebody's going to randomly stab them in the street

From video evidence, I conclude that this was a personal attack where the ppl knew each other

Feel however you want to feel, but for your own benefit, please use some logic when reading these stories.

Old 03-10-2020, 08:23 AM

278 posts, read 140,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
I think that’s left up to Seventhfloor, depending on what type of experience he’s going for. If Seventh wants to experience the high crime countries he can try Venezuela or South Africa. If he wants moderate crime, try Russia or Panama. If he wants low crime, he can try Japan or Norway.

There are lots of countries to choose from for whatever crime level one wants to experience.
Idk. Last year Norway made the news for having a bunch of stabbings. People getting stabbed IS normal. Is it right? No. But it's normal.

Old 03-10-2020, 08:45 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGuy72 View Post
This appears to be two Chinese, most likely both foreigners from mainland China. While gun violence is unheard of in China, knife stabbings is the preferred method of deadly assault. It's quite common. Living near Flushing, Queens, I know many mainland Chinese, and they've all told me this. The perp likely knows his victim. Seldom do Chinese attack total strangers in the streets of NYC.
I agree. He stabbed the victim multiple times and a frenzied assault. This looks like anger and a personal vendetta. The attacker did this in public, and even started going after the other man who tried to break it up. Scary and he needs to be taken off the streets fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City