Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 04:50 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,582,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
It would inject some reality into what is very much pandemic theater. Cuomo is not saying the pandemic will likely run up to 9 months. I take this as meaning that he intends to keep the lockdown going that long, and really, no one really knows how long it will least.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/22/cuomo-...p-to-9-months/

The lockdown in NOT sustainable for that period of time. I doubt it's sustainable beyond a few weeks. Until everyone who's left develops some level or immunity, or until they get out a vaccine, this is something we're going to have to figure out how to function with on something like a normal ongoing basis.
BBMW,
I agree that a lock down going on for a long time is non-sustainable. When you said everyone who is left develop some level of immunity, from my understanding that is called "herd-immunity". It is a thing.
Meanwhile, if they get the masks passed out among the general population, after 14 days (the general incubation period is 2-14 days) they should allow people who are not sick to resume their lives as long as they're masked when in public. Wearing a mask in public for the next few months is a more effective, sustainable method of fighting this thing than telling people to stay in the house, stay six feet AWAY from your loved ones at all times (spouses/SO, your baby/toddler, children), go no where, and don't work for months upon months, until this virus is eventually eradicated and we've made sure no new virus or mutating virus has popped up. Basically that is being caged in isolation. The human psyche cannot live this way for months on end. No, that is not going to work. Cuomo is going to have to "figure out something else".

Old 03-22-2020, 04:51 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
New York State will start trial testing antiviral medicines on Tuesday in an ongoing effort to stem the coronavirus pandemic statewide, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo announced on Sunday.

70,000 Hydroxychloroquine –
10,000 Zithromax –
750,000 Chloroquine From the Federal Government.
Trials will start Tuesday.

President Trump is sending thousands of samples of the drugs hydrooxychloroquine, zithromax and chloroquine to New York for testing.

For those that haven't been following this combo killed the coronavirus in infected people in as little as 5-6 days. NY will be a larger number of people in the trial. Let's all hope/pray this works.
But, wait, leftists all throughout the internet and media are attacking President Trump (and blaming him for shortages ) for speaking on the potential promises of this combo of drugs to help fight the corona

Old 03-22-2020, 04:52 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,769,868 times
Harvey Weinstein. He's the gift that keeps on giving...

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ronavirus.html

Harvey Weinstein Reportedly Tests Positive for Covid-19 as Virus Spreads in NY Jails

You can't make this stuff up.

Old 03-22-2020, 04:54 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post

Governor Cuomo:
"53% of cornoavirus cases in New York are 18-49 yeas old"

I wager that's going to be good for recovery numbers overall.

Old 03-22-2020, 04:55 PM

Default I pray it's effective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
New York State will start trial testing antiviral medicines on Tuesday in an ongoing effort to stem the coronavirus pandemic statewide, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo announced on Sunday.

70,000 Hydroxychloroquine –
10,000 Zithromax –
750,000 Chloroquine From the Federal Government.
Trials will start Tuesday.

President Trump is sending thousands of samples of the drugs hydrooxychloroquine, zithromax and chloroquine to New York for testing.

For those that haven't been following this combo killed the coronavirus in infected people in as little as 5-6 days. NY will be a larger number of people in the trial. Let's all hope/pray this works.
For the sake of those who are sick with full symptoms, I pray that it works.

Old 03-22-2020, 04:56 PM

874 posts, read 454,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post

"We're being forced to commit economic suicide...."

"Short of a vaccine the only way to get past this if for everyone to get it and get immunity."

BBMW

Old 03-22-2020, 04:57 PM

Default How is that possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
I can't see this going past winter. I'm also curious if most will end up getting it and build up immunity.

You take good pictures.
Can services afford to not be up and running until winter? Will the utilities hold off on billing customers until winter? Will landlord hold off on expecting rent until winter? Can people afford to not work until winter? Can you?

Old 03-22-2020, 05:01 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,080,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Harvey Weinstein. He's the gift that keeps on giving...

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ronavirus.html

Harvey Weinstein Reportedly Tests Positive for Covid-19 as Virus Spreads in NY Jails

You can't make this stuff up.
Well, if he has it it should kill him because he is in bad shape anyway. I hope they don't waste too many resources trying to keep him alive .

Old 03-22-2020, 05:05 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,599,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Well, if he has it it should kill him because he is in bad shape anyway. I hope they don't waste too many resources trying to keep him alive .
Send him home on house arrest and let him pay for his own care. When it's over send him back to jail

Old 03-22-2020, 05:06 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,080,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
BBMW,
I agree that a lock down going on for a long time is non-sustainable. When you said everyone who is left develop some level of immunity, from my understanding that is called "herd-immunity". It is a thing.
Meanwhile, if they get the masks passed out among the general population, after 14 days (the general incubation period is 2-14 days) they should allow people who are not sick to resume their lives as long as they're masked when in public. Wearing a mask in public for the next few months is a more effective, sustainable method of fighting this thing than telling people to stay in the house, stay six feet AWAY from your loved ones at all times (spouses/SO, your baby/toddler, children), go no where, and don't work for months upon months, until this virus is eventually eradicated and we've made sure no new virus or mutating virus has popped up. Basically that is being caged in isolation. The human psyche cannot live this way for months on end. No, that is not going to work. Cuomo is going to have to "figure out something else".
masks actually do very little for the general public. most people pick it up oon their hands by touching contaminated surfaces. A friend in Boston told me today that many stores there are now refusing cash transactions....credit cards only..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.