Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 11:54 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,598,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
People on city data are internet gangsters. All talk and no action. No rebellion will happen at all. Your have your orders from the legal authorities. You will obey.
He wants to be taken seriously.

Old 03-22-2020, 11:54 AM

3,748 posts, read 1,443,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
did anyone listen to the cuomo press conference today? One thing is he's pretty focused on the fact that NYC still has too much density outside, in the parks.

I wonder if some of the parks are going to be closed from here on out. he's asking local officials to give him a plan, which I'm guessing could involve closing parks but also closing down some streets and turning them into pedestrian only areas.
Parks in NYC needs to be closed. Too many congregate. Also this virus will have social, poltical and cultural ramifications for America and for nyc.

Old 03-22-2020, 11:58 AM

15,842 posts, read 14,476,031 times
No. Cuomo needs to realize that his plan isn't working, won't work, and can't work, and just needs to give it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Parks in NYC needs to be closed. Too many congregate. Also this virus will have social, poltical and cultural ramifications for America and for nyc.

Old 03-22-2020, 12:05 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
Bensonhurst is full of people . I went to get Bounty. None can be found. Most restaurants and 99 cent stores closed.
Use towels, wash them afterwards.

Old 03-22-2020, 12:13 PM

1,486 posts, read 989,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
I know you're out of the country. But if anyone wants to meet in Times Square on Tuesday at Noon, I'm completely down for it. Let's see what happens.
Wow....I cant figure if your trolling or just so dense that the serious of this virus haven't hit you yet so you are completely disregarding the safety of others.

Do you see whats happening in Italy right now even with the lockdown. They lost over 600 in 1 day. Over 400 the day before.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...233509033.html

If you dont like Cumos plan to fight then please enlighten the internet with your pan to fight this. I woud love to hear your ideas to fight something we cant see (insert Birdbox joke here)

Old 03-22-2020, 12:20 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
It will get worse with warmer weather. I can see people having gatherings on rooftops with food and beers to circumvent this if this happens. Its going to be tough to enforce all cessation of social recreation. I saw a mention of opening some public streets to ease the park crowding.

Tough times all around.

Old 03-22-2020, 12:22 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,766,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
Wow....I cant figure if your trolling or just so dense that the serious of this virus haven't hit you yet so you are completely disregarding the safety of others.

Do you see whats happening in Italy right now even with the lockdown. They lost over 600 in 1 day. Over 400 the day before.

If you dont like Cumos plan to fight then please enlighten the internet with your pan to fight this. I woud love to hear your ideas to fight something we cant see (insert Birdbox joke here)
I can't rep you anymore.

Old 03-22-2020, 12:26 PM

1,274 posts, read 979,018 times
Quote:
No. Cuomo needs to realize that his plan isn't working, won't work, and can't work, and just needs to give it up.
Why wouldn't it work? It's a plan other countries do, and they couple it with large scale testing.

Old 03-22-2020, 12:29 PM

15,842 posts, read 14,476,031 times
Yes. The lockdown isn't working there, and it won't work here. I've been watching whats been going on in my area, and assume it's been the same in the rest of the city. People have been mixing. "Social distancing" has been, at best, optional. If you've gone to a supermarket or an ATM, you've exposed yourself to everyone else who's been there. Everyone just needs to price in the fact that they'll likely get the virus. The vast majority will recover. Some will die. Until there's vaccine and/or treatment for those infected, there's really anything the government and/or the medical establishment can do about it. The curve won't be flattened.

Italy has been in lockdown for three weeks now, with a virus that has a two week incubation period, and their caseload is still rising. So it isn't working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post

Old 03-22-2020, 12:54 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,884,678 times
Quote:
The curve won't be flattened.
This is not an option. If we don't flatten the curve, riots and social unrest will occur resulting in martial law which will then reduce the contagion.

What will start riots? Lack of access to a healthcare system inundated with COVID19 cases and prolonged economic stagnation.

The curve must and will be flattened by any means necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City