Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 11:18 AM

14,057 posts, read 13,950,334 times

Advertisements

New York State has over 15,000 cases NYC is approaching 10,000 cases. New York has 5% of cases worldwide. The state has 4,812 are new cases as of Sunday morning. The state death toll is now 114. As of today, 53 percent of New York’s cases involve people 18 to 49 years old. “It’s a nasty illness,” he said. “And you can transfer it to other people.” Older people can die from the virus, he said. Governor warns it can get worst in April if actions not taken quickly and less than week It will run out of equipment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/22/n...rk-update.html

https://www.syracuse.com/coronavirus...uomo-says.html

Old 03-22-2020, 11:21 AM

14,057 posts, read 13,950,334 times
Coronavirus is killing us in Florida, Gov. DeSantis. Act like you give a damn

https://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/...241403236.html

Old 03-22-2020, 11:26 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,600,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I pay for cable bro
Fewer and fewer are, lol I got the HBO Now app for 15 a month.

Old 03-22-2020, 11:28 AM

15,867 posts, read 14,491,391 times
Are all your businesses open down there? If so, you're better off than we are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Coronavirus is killing us in Florida, Gov. DeSantis. Act like you give a damn

https://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/...241403236.html

Old 03-22-2020, 11:29 AM

6,463 posts, read 3,157,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
I'm still here. I still believe that. We're being forced to commit economic suicide in the name of a plan that has very little chance of working. Short of a vaccine the only way to get past this if for everyone to get it and get immunity. Cuomo's plan drags that out from weeks to months (maybe years.)

How long are YOU willing to put up with this? If this doesn't show results in two or three week, people will get sick of being locked in and will rebel, Cuomo be damned.
First of all, I'm already TOTALLY FED UP with the "selfish locusts" that have descended on the grocery stores, and cleaned out the places, right to the walls!!! For what it's worth, me, my wife, as well as our families, have been steady customers of the Wegman chain of food stores, in the Rochester area, for about 60 years. In western NY, we've seen and lived through power outages, torrential rainstorms that resulted in some flooding, frequent blizzards that almost have paralyzed the county, as well as other issues, but NOT EVEN ONCE, in our 60 years, has a Wegman store ever run out of food!!!

If everybody just shopped like they normally do, there'd be no shortage of anything. But the media has hyped this current situation to the point that life, as we've known it, is on the brink of extinction, within the next 2-3 months. WELL, IF THAT TURNS OUT TO BE TRUE, AND ALL THE PREVIOUS PROPHECIES AND "END OF TIMES" PREDICTIONS COME TO PASS, THEN "WTF" GOOD IS 85 ROLLS OF TOILET PAPER IN THE CLOSET GOING TO DO FOR YOU????

Old 03-22-2020, 11:37 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,600,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
First of all, I'm already TOTALLY FED UP with the "selfish locusts" that have descended on the grocery stores, and cleaned out the places, right to the walls!!! For what it's worth, me, my wife, as well as our families, have been steady customers of the Wegman chain of food stores, in the Rochester area, for about 60 years. In western NY, we've seen and lived through power outages, torrential rainstorms that resulted in some flooding, frequent blizzards that almost have paralyzed the county, as well as other issues, but NOT EVEN ONCE, in our 60 years, has a Wegman store ever run out of food!!!

If everybody just shopped like they normally do, there'd be no shortage of anything. But the media has hyped this current situation to the point that life, as we've known it, is on the brink of extinction, within the next 2-3 months. WELL, IF THAT TURNS OUT TO BE TRUE, AND ALL THE PREVIOUS PROPHECIES AND "END OF TIMES" PREDICTIONS COME TO PASS, THEN "WTF" GOOD IS 85 ROLLS OF TOILET PAPER IN THE CLOSET GOING TO DO FOR YOU????
Well that means those evangelicals are not so sure they are saved after all and will be raptured as they might profess in Church, lol.

Old 03-22-2020, 11:39 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,139,928 times
did anyone listen to the cuomo press conference today? One thing is he's pretty focused on the fact that NYC still has too much density outside, in the parks.

I wonder if some of the parks are going to be closed from here on out. he's asking local officials to give him a plan, which I'm guessing could involve closing parks but also closing down some streets and turning them into pedestrian only areas.

Old 03-22-2020, 11:41 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,240,189 times
Bensonhurst is full of people . I went to get Bounty. None can be found. Most restaurants and 99 cent stores closed.

Old 03-22-2020, 11:50 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,986,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
I'm still here. I still believe that. We're being forced to commit economic suicide in the name of a plan that has very little chance of working. Short of a vaccine the only way to get past this if for everyone to get it and get immunity. Cuomo's plan drags that out from weeks to months (maybe years.)

How long are YOU willing to put up with this? If this doesn't show results in two or three week, people will get sick of being locked in and will rebel, Cuomo be damned.
People on city data are internet gangsters. All talk and no action. No rebellion will happen at all. Your have your orders from the legal authorities. You will obey.

Old 03-22-2020, 11:51 AM

15,867 posts, read 14,491,391 times
I know you're out of the country. But if anyone wants to meet in Times Square on Tuesday at Noon, I'm completely down for it. Let's see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
People on city data are internet gangsters. All talk and no action. No rebellion will happen at all. Your have your orders from the legal authorities. You will obey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City