Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 07:20 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,600,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Not in this forum.
Don't you recall BBMW thread ? Let's all go to time square and protest was written if they do shelter in place. I know I read that

Old 03-22-2020, 07:27 AM

19,058 posts, read 13,977,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
John Wick style? Lol or like Rambo in Final Blood ? Oh my wife is scary those are her favorite movies, along with Man on Fire, the Equalizers, and Dirty Harry and Death Wish. My wife doesn't like bad people and loves the idea of killing bad people with extreme malice.
Hopefully not at all.

Hopefully in 2 weeks or so, everything starts to reopen and we put this behind us slowly by rebuilding our economy through a return of manufacturing since we finally learned first hand that China is not a trustworthy partner on the world stage.

Hopefully that doesn’t lead to China attacking Taiwan (as it has always wanted) to expand its rapidly shrinking (as a result of our actions) economy.

Hopefully this was a blip in time that proves we’ve moved on from human nature in our modern incarnation.

Most likely though...

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-22-2020, 07:27 AM

14,057 posts, read 13,950,334 times
False information since there no source

Old 03-22-2020, 07:30 AM

2,983 posts, read 1,168,005 times
You find no source for this crap and yet some you believe it??

Old 03-22-2020, 07:32 AM

4,198 posts, read 4,089,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
You find no source for this crap and yet some you believe it??
The OP said it was from a briefing, not a public source. At this point nothing that is done would be a surprise.

Old 03-22-2020, 07:34 AM

37,157 posts, read 39,441,390 times
Quote:
Don't you recall BBMW thread ? Let's all go to time square and protest was written if they do shelter in place. I know I read that
Yea, those posts happened. Maybe Airborne misread your post as the “closed here” part of the sentence can introduce some ambiguity.

There’s definitely been a few friends saying how difficult it’s been for them to convince their parents that this is something not to take lightly. Something really got it into their heads that this was not to be taken seriously originally, but luckily it seems like most of them have changed on this or at least I don’t hear or read my friends complaining about this as much.

Old 03-22-2020, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Hopefully not at all.

Hopefully in 2 weeks or so, everything starts to reopen and we put this behind us slowly by rebuilding our economy through a return of manufacturing since we finally learned first hand that China is not a trustworthy partner on the world stage.

Hopefully that doesn’t lead to China attacking Taiwan (as it has always wanted) to expand its rapidly shrinking (as a result of our actions) economy.

Hopefully this was a blip in time that proves we’ve moved on from human nature in our modern incarnation.

Most likely though...
I don't think it's going to be as bad as many fear. But things will be different. It's what we all do going forward. If I had a say, which I don't, I would like the nation to move forward with sound investments in infrastructure, green investments in solar and wind technilogy., electric cars, and yes a health care system that provides for all. Comprehensive immigration reform and all kinds of things we can do now with Marshall fund type payouts that are coming. We are all in this together. Lets not just throw money in short term measures without a long term plan. We can all work together and all give and take and compromise for the greater good.

Last edited by bxlover; 03-22-2020 at 07:52 AM..

Old 03-22-2020, 07:36 AM

19,058 posts, read 13,977,271 times
Quote:
Actually you’re right about that one. That was it though. Unless someone else caught one before I did.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-22-2020, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Yea, those posts happened. Maybe Airborne misread your post as the “closed here” part of the sentence can introduce some ambiguity.

There’s definitely been a few friends saying how difficult it’s been for them to convince their parents that this is something not to take lightly.
And we had teenagers will be wandering around attacking people cause school is closed thread. Under best of times fear and worse abounds here, this fear took an uptick with people being further isolated and feeling afraid. My teenager is at home doing college classes. Her friends are just bored at home and maybe going to visit friends at their houses as a sign of rebellion. These posters say these irresponsible alarmist things and then when something bad happens say they predicted it. What an existence some people have that they live in sheer fear and social isolation. Yet, they think they are ok and their is nothing they need to change.

Old 03-22-2020, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Actually you’re right about that one. That was it though. Unless someone else caught one before I did.
Hey it's cool. Be safe. I'm bored and been here too long. You may know I come to the site for a few days and then retreat for a month or more. I think my time to go has arrived. Be blessed. Every one be safe and if someone gets sick I wish them all a speedy recovery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City