Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 09:13 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
The more I read about how each country is handling the virus the more I believe we should go with the Netherlands approach of herd immunity. They are not implementing a lockdown, they are asking people to go out but use precautions and safe hygiene. This will ensure people will slowly get the virus as a whole. People will get sick but hopefully it's the ones that recover that will give people a bit of less active virus to adapt their immune system to.

The way China and the rest are going about will only work if everyone locks down for several months until the infected are treated and released without any infected people with active virus spreading. That isn't going to work in the long run. There will be outbreaks again and again.
Britain was going to do herd immunity. Boris Johnson got sick, along with top British officials.

Until there’s a vaccine there are going to be outbreaks. The problem id the healthcare system cannot handle millions of sick people all at once. That would even cause people not suffering from the Coronavirus to due if they had medical emergency.

Everyone knows lockdowns don’t end a viral infection. They are buying time till a vaccine or cure is available.

In a worse case scenario two million Americans could die and that could be someone in your family, a friend, or yourself.

Old 04-01-2020, 09:14 AM

5,121 posts, read 4,969,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Why is everyone expecting our officials to deal with a brand-new problem right away?

Have you not in life ever encountered a brand-new problem that you were not able to solve immediately?

We are spoiled

It is not a bran-new problem...it started in china, spread to other areas before it exploded in the US...there were a good 2-3 months of time window for the US to watch, learn, and prepare, but the leaders did nothing constructive but the opposite...

Old 04-01-2020, 09:16 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,223,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Hahah. You seem a bit sore that I agreed with oycrumbler in your argument above and now you can’t wait to jump on me for something else. Ah, ok, I get how this works. I’m putting you on ignore too. I love the ignore function!
Hey, look who jump on the other first. I think that was YOU. I love how you like to dish it out but don’t like to take it.

Ignore all you want. It’s for the snowflakes. Ooh, someone says something I don’t like, must IGNORE.

You do realize you can just skip their posts if it bothers you so much. I do that all the time, unless they start replying to my posts.

Old 04-01-2020, 09:17 AM

5,121 posts, read 4,969,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
It’s easy to call someone a troll when they say things you don’t like to hear. If you want to live in a bubble where everyone agrees with you, then maybe the internet is not the place for you.

We should want as much input from as diverse a group as possible instead of shutting down ideas we don’t like. I thought NYC were suppose to be for diversity and welcoming all people and ideas. I guess we are just as provincial as the hick towns we like to bash.

it is how gluey some posters like you are to false beliefs and flawed reasoning that indicate of trolling behavior...

Old 04-01-2020, 09:19 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
One less troll to feed. You dont live in NYC but yet you're on the NYC forum.
Welcome to the ignore list. Your posts will not be missed.
It's too bad that someone with a different opinion is such a threat to you. Anyone has a right to view of comment on these forums as a lot of what is going on in NY affects the rest of us - especially when many of NYC residents have carried this not only statewide but nationwide through business traveling or going back to school.

Old 04-01-2020, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
it is how gluey some posters like you are to false beliefs and flawed reasoning that indicate of trolling behavior...
I see you are so bitter that you need to insult. You lose credibility when you do that, not that you had any in the first place.

I was going to ignore your prior post claiming a virus 2-3 months old is not new. LOL, do you even know how silly you sound? Even humans 2-3 months old are considered new, let alone some virus, whose official name is the NOVEL coronavirus 2019. Its name literally indicates that it is new. Duh.

Please save us all from you daily mindless dribble. People are losing IQ points just reading your rants.

Old 04-01-2020, 09:23 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Wow - after reading many of the posters here - I can definitely understand why residents of other states hate NYers - problem is - you are a small part of the state which has some of the nicest people going. But people paint all NYers as arrogant, mouthy, pushy ect…

I know many of you who live in NYC aren't like that but it only takes a few to see why others view those of us who live in NY State how they do.

Old 04-01-2020, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
It's too bad that someone with a different opinion is such a threat to you. Anyone has a right to view of comment on these forums as a lot of what is going on in NY affects the rest of us - especially when many of NYC residents have carried this not only statewide but nationwide through business traveling or going back to school.
Exactly. Just because a poster is a NY’er don’t make them more knowledgable than a non-NY’er. With how many brain dead narrowminded NY’ers walking around out there everyday, being a NY’er is no longer anything to be proud of.

Old 04-01-2020, 09:27 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,130,025 times
Quote:
It is not a bran-new problem...it started in china, spread to other areas before it exploded in the US...there were a good 2-3 months of time window for the US to watch, learn, and prepare, but the leaders did nothing constructive but the opposite...
Exactly. +1

Old 04-01-2020, 09:30 AM

6,442 posts, read 3,143,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Why is everyone expecting our officials to deal with a brand-new problem right away?

Have you not in life ever encountered a brand-new problem that you were not able to solve immediately?

We are spoiled

Well stated.

Quote:
It is not a brand-new problem...it started in china, spread to other areas before it exploded in the US...there were a good 2-3 months of time window for the US to watch, learn, and prepare, but the leaders did nothing constructive but the opposite...
WOW, a whole 2-3 months of lies and false information, from the country that started, then tried to hide, this fiasco, and you think 5-6 months is more than enough time for the US, primarily, to "fix it"????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City