Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 05:25 AM

6,464 posts, read 3,154,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Okay, it's pretty well-established that its downstate that ends up sending more money to upstate from state revenue versus state spending. It's pretty crazy for you to say otherwise. That's not so bad though in relation to the gargantuan deficit New York state as a whole has with the feds given what it sends as federal revenue and what it gets back on federal spending. Now, that's a real kicker. Besides Western New York is great and has a storied history and should get monies.
Sorry, but I don't agree.....

Old 04-01-2020, 05:42 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,618,066 times
https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...-receives-tax/

Old 04-01-2020, 06:14 AM

5,687 posts, read 2,615,888 times
Beginning tomorrow adults will be able to get 3 free meals too. Text 'FOOD' or 'COMIDA' to 877-877 to find a location near you.

Old 04-01-2020, 06:51 AM

1,430 posts, read 1,087,936 times
Health experts believe De Blasio and Cuomo's actions
Created the virus problems in NY. They should have cancelled parades, concerts, all big public events in February once the first cases appeared. Instead they encouraged residents in March to ignore the warnings in other states. Similarly in New Orleans experts
Say Mardi Gras should have been cancelled, but it wasnt.
Now New Orleans has a problem like New York.

Even today subways are still not practicing social distancing in NYC?

Old 04-01-2020, 07:22 AM

1,486 posts, read 990,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappjohn View Post
Created the virus problems in NY. They should have cancelled parades, concerts, all big public events in February once the first cases appeared. Instead they encouraged residents in March to ignore the warnings in other states. Similarly in New Orleans experts

One less troll to feed. You dont live in NYC but yet you're on the NYC forum.
Welcome to the ignore list. Your posts will not be missed.

Old 04-01-2020, 07:27 AM

5,687 posts, read 2,615,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappjohn View Post

We already know all this.

Old 04-01-2020, 07:39 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,137,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Here’a hint: no one here is going to read through your long posts. You may think you sound knowledgeable but to most readers, it’s just a rambling posts that most readers will either skip or if they are the one you are arguing with, will simply skim through, like I do. I simply am not interested in reading through all your rants.

Good night.
I read them and he's making sense. You're making your point as well but your position is deeply flawed.

Old 04-01-2020, 07:40 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,991 times
Even though we are in a crisis. Those that be in media, academia and journalism want to bring back identity issues to the forefront prior to coronavirus outbreak in America. I feel sorry for anyone doing black, indigenous LGBT or women's issues during a major crisis like this.

With that said. Controversy starting to boil over due to a evangelical Christian organization who built a field hospital in Central Park. The head of the organization made LGBT and anti Islamic remarks or what we call now as hate speech in the past. City council will monitor if this organization will turn away LGBT covid patients, but I highly doubt the organization will turn people away due to orientation in a time of great need.

With that said. I know their is a time to be woke, and a time not to be woke. It is hard for woke people to find forgiveness and even worse to forgive when times are necessary such as this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...2354080/%3famp

Old 04-01-2020, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
One less troll to feed. You dont live in NYC but yet you're on the NYC forum.
Welcome to the ignore list. Your posts will not be missed.
Great idea! I'm putting him on ignore as well. It's like some troll virus infected him in Baltimore or the Russian troll farm and it wants to infect more people so he comes here to spread his verbal diarrhea.

Old 04-01-2020, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Even though we are in a crisis. Those that be in media, academia and journalism want to bring back identity issues to the forefront prior to coronavirus outbreak in America. I feel sorry for anyone doing black, indigenous LGBT or women's issues during a major crisis like this.

With that said. Controversy starting to boil over due to a evangelical Christian organization who built a field hospital in Central Park. The head of the organization made LGBT and anti Islamic remarks or what we call now as hate speech in the past. City council will monitor if this organization will turn away LGBT covid patients, but I highly doubt the organization will turn people away due to orientation in a time of great need.

With that said. I know their is a time to be woke, and a time not to be woke. It is hard for woke people to find forgiveness and even worse to forgive when times are necessary such as this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...2354080/%3famp
I understand people's concern about this organization. I figure the city did some math and figured that potentially saving hundreds of New Yorkers from death made it worth it to look the other way on this organization's prejudice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City