Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 11:04 PM

5,119 posts, read 4,967,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
You seem to think that just because there are others that agree with you somehow makes you right. This is not about a popularity contest: “I have more people agreeing with me than you therefore I am right and you are wrong.”

That is faulty logic but then trying to convince you that it is faulty will be pointless.

And here you go again. Anyone you oppose is an idiot, while you yourself is a know everything genius. It’s that ego once again...

Objectively speaking, you are one of the "dense" ones who are difficult to enlighten per my humble experience...

if you are here NOT to broaden your world/political views while your brain/mind is still capable of, maybe you are on the wrong forum....

Old 03-31-2020, 11:08 PM

12,202 posts, read 7,221,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Objectively speaking, you are one of the "dense" ones who are difficult to enlighten per my humble experience...

if you are here NOT to broaden your world/political views while your brain/mind is still capable of, maybe you are on the wrong forum....
Actually, if you are following this discussion, I am the one telling people to broaden their view. Also, you are still angry at me for calling you out for being a broken record on your anti-Trump rants.

Old 03-31-2020, 11:09 PM

37,135 posts, read 39,380,764 times
Quote:
You seem to think that just because there are others that agree with you somehow makes you right. This is not about a popularity contest: “I have more people agreeing with me than you therefore I am right and you are wrong.”

That is faulty logic but then trying to convince you that it is faulty will be pointless.

And here you go again. Anyone you oppose is an idiot, while you yourself is a know everything genius. It’s that ego once again...
Nope, I think that’s circumstantial. I’m fine with admitting error when someone has a reasonable and well-supported argument. You don’t do that and you sometimes barely register as having actually understand what’s being said. Also, remember your prior posts in here are searchable. My ego has little to do with some of the more ridiculous things you say. You get full credit for that.

Old 03-31-2020, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Nope, I think that’s circumstantial. I’m fine with admitting error when someone has a reasonable and well-supported argument. You don’t do that and you sometimes barely register as having actually understand what’s being said. Also, remember your prior posts in here are searchable.
Please show me where you ever admit to being in error. Like I said, you always got to be right to stroke that inflated ego of yours.

As far as understanding of what’s being said, I think it may be due to your lengthy rambling posts. You tend to ramble and even go off in your own little world with highly erratic thoughts that is hard to understand. I simply don’t have the time nor interest to decipher all of it and so excuse me if I don’t follow every exact point of yours.

Old 03-31-2020, 11:22 PM

37,135 posts, read 39,380,764 times
Quote:
Please show me where you ever admit to being in error. Like I said, you always got to be right to stroke that inflated ego of yours.

As far as understanding of what’s being said, I think it may be due to your lengthy rambling posts. You tend to ramble and even go off in your own little world with highly erratic thoughts that is hard to understand. I simply don’t have the time nor interest to decipher all of it and so excuse me if I don’t follow every exact point of yours.
Oh right, trying to write with any semblance of nuance or understanding that complex issues might have myriad factors is long and rambling. Cool!

Try to remember how this conversation started. An evangelical preacher making a massive amount of money from his flock is dispelling the epidemic with his chants. Even if that were metaphorical, that metaphor gets extended quite a bit when the same preacher claims to heal you from the virus via placing your hands on the screen as he preaches and also claims that the epidemic is being turned around by the collective praying that's gone on. Somehow that became a riff for you to go on about belief in a higher being as if that were mutually exclusive. Keep on preaching with that ego of yours.

Old 03-31-2020, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Oh right, trying to write with any semblance of nuance or understanding that complex issues might have myriad factors is long and rambling. Cool!
Here’a hint: no one here is going to read through your long posts. You may think you sound knowledgeable but to most readers, it’s just a rambling posts that most readers will either skip or if they are the one you are arguing with, will simply skim through, like I do. I simply am not interested in reading through all your rants.

Good night.

Old 04-01-2020, 12:02 AM

5,119 posts, read 4,967,943 times
Quote:
Here’a hint: no one here is going to read through your long posts. You may think you sound knowledgeable but to most readers, it’s just a rambling posts that most readers will either skip or if they are the one you are arguing with, will simply skim through, like I do. I simply am not interested in reading through all your rants.

Good night.

Hope the back-and-forth drillings help shed some light into the dense gray matter after a good night sleep...we will keep an eye for a glimpse of improvement after sunrise...

Old 04-01-2020, 05:05 AM

9,247 posts, read 24,073,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
MTA says too many people are taking trains, making social distancing harder for essential workers

NEW YORK CITY — The MTA and elected leaders have said essential workers need to get to work. The message to others is stay home if you can.

https://www.pix11.com/news/coronavir...ential-workers
This is another epic failure and it is a reason why the virus is relentlessly digging deeper and deeper into NYC. This and the fact that, let's face it, social distancing is still pretty much a joke in NYC. Still too many people out and about.

They should have ( it might now be too late) come up with a plan to make the transit system accessible only to essential workers. Should have issued id to essential workers and placed enforcers at every subway station and given bus drivers authority to refuse access to anyone without id.

There are some countries that have enforced much stricter rules and they are now turning the corner. Total lockdowns with strict enforcement do work. We refuse to learn.

We are still in reactive mode as if the whole country has lost it's ability to think ahead or to even learn from others.

Old 04-01-2020, 05:06 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,789,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
beware that foreign propaganda will never miss any opportunity to paint NYC as a grim, disintegrating and dangerous city......

let's stick to foxnews for truth-filled coverage of this epidemic in NY please...
Excuse me but I suggest you look closer - that wasn't some article by a foreign publication to make NY look bad - that was from the Associated Press NY

Old 04-01-2020, 05:19 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,615,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
This is another epic failure and it is a reason why the virus is relentlessly digging deeper and deeper into NYC. This and the fact that, let's face it, social distancing is still pretty much a joke in NYC. Still too many people out and about.

They should have ( it might now be too late) come up with a plan to make the transit system accessible only to essential workers. Should have issued id to essential workers and placed enforcers at every subway station and given bus drivers authority to refuse access to anyone without id.

There are some countries that have enforced much stricter rules and they are now turning the corner. Total lockdowns with strict enforcement do work. We refuse to learn.

We are still in reactive mode as if the whole country has lost it's ability to think ahead or to even learn from others.
Reactive is the American way one thing at least my friend said after 3 years overseas. If things change, great, but the fact that in 2020 we're like this, I'm not making any bets. We have the internet now, no excuses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City