Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2020, 09:23 PM

2,082 posts, read 1,128,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Today was an exciting day for me on lockdown! I got toliet paper delivered and I walked to Costco.
I've dreamt of doing something that exciting for a while now, how did you manage to keep your heart from beating too fast?

Old 04-23-2020, 04:47 AM

5,683 posts, read 2,614,141 times
I just finished watching the Sopranos from start to finish. Thank you HBO for showing it for free.
Now I will catch upon other shows I watch and haven't for the last two weeks and then find another show to binge.

Old 04-23-2020, 07:42 AM

3,357 posts, read 4,632,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
I have always been a big evening/night eater. I just roll with it. I just have most my calories later in the day. I don't force myself to eat breakfast if I don't want it. I almost never eat breakfast---usually just coffee.

Even if I ate 1500 calories a day I would lose weight. When I lost weight years ago, all I did was count calories. I don't cut anything completely and always make sure I get my daily dose of junk. I do walk and get up and down a lot and sometimes my husband and I will take walks that last for hours just because. Most people have zero clue as to how many calories they are consuming regularly.

One of my jobs they are feeding them so much all day and all night that they will all need to go on a diet after this. Ha.

My goal this weekend (besides going to work for one day):
-Get more work done on my paper for class
-Watch another episode of The Sopranos
-Watch one movie that is new to me
It's confusing because there's so much conflicting information about breakfast and intermittent fasting is such a big thing now. I've come to be firmly in the eat breakfast camp after years of thinking a light or no breakfast was better, but it's off topic so I'll leave it at that. I think it's hard to count calories unless you're not eating much to begin with, although with the lockdown I guess a lot of us have more time to figure it out if we want to. I know people who function on very little food, but I'm sure it's not a coincidence that they've been doing calorie restriction diets for a long time.

Lucky you that you haven't watched the Sopranos yet! It's a great (and long) series to binge watch when you're inside.

Old 04-23-2020, 07:56 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,599,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
It's confusing because there's so much conflicting information about breakfast and intermittent fasting is such a big thing now. I've come to be firmly in the eat breakfast camp after years of thinking a light or no breakfast was better, but it's off topic so I'll leave it at that. I think it's hard to count calories unless you're not eating much to begin with, although with the lockdown I guess a lot of us have more time to figure it out if we want to. I know people who function on very little food, but I'm sure it's not a coincidence that they've been doing calorie restriction diets for a long time.

Lucky you that you haven't watched the Sopranos yet! It's a great (and long) series to binge watch when you're inside.
It's different for every body maybe ? Not everyone processes sugars the same or has the same metabolism. What works for you works for you.

Last edited by bxlover; 04-23-2020 at 08:14 AM..

Old 04-23-2020, 08:42 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,548,044 times
Quote:
I just finished watching the Sopranos from start to finish. Thank you HBO for showing it for free.
Now I will catch upon other shows I watch and haven't for the last two weeks and then find another show to binge.
I'm watching Little Big Lies on HBO Now. Just finished season 1. Great series.

Old 04-23-2020, 09:22 AM

3,357 posts, read 4,632,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
It's different for every body maybe ? Not everyone processes sugars the same or has the same metabolism. What works for you works for you.
Well you're right. I wish I had changed the way I ate a long time ago so if I'm preachy it's rooted in regret. I think eating big meals at night, especially with too many simple carbs, helps to mess up some people's ability to process sugar normally. I've had family members suffer a lot of complications from diabetes and my ability to process sugar could be better now so I'm kind of focused on it.

Last edited by yodel; 04-23-2020 at 10:02 AM..

Old 04-23-2020, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
I'm watching Little Big Lies on HBO Now. Just finished season 1. Great series.
I watched season 2 but not one. If I have time and HBO still offer it's free shows I eventually would like to see season 1.

Old 04-23-2020, 09:45 AM

Quote:
I watched season 2 but not one. If I have time and HBO still offer it's free shows I eventually would like to see season 1.
Yikes you missed the whole premise if you didn't see season 1. Well worth it.

Old 04-23-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Yikes you missed the whole premise if you didn't see season 1. Well worth it.
It actually was kinda fun cause I had to put the pieces together of what happened.

Old 04-23-2020, 09:58 AM

Quote:
It actually was kinda fun cause I had to put the pieces together of what happened.
Haha. Okay. Check it out if you get the chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City