Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2020, 05:23 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,367,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
I hope all of this inconvenience encourages specific types of residents to leave. Specifically inconsiderate transplants that think they own the city and have caused rents to become over priced.

I have not seen a single decent apartment available yet, only over-priced dingy places that need a gut renovation. The transplants are holding onto the nicer apartments for dear life willing to sacrifice anything and everything to keep them. I don't want to, but I can wait them out if need be while they whittle down their savings to nothing.

Once the stimulus gravy train stops in the fall then there will probably be some better options and thinning of the herd, but until then I'm stuck looking at their glum smug maskless faces.
The bolded but I also extend it to others who think they own everything and should go unquestioned. Not necessarily a NYC thing but I get where your post is coming from.

Old 06-05-2020, 05:54 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,887,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Oh keep in mind many of these transplants were only able to afford these apartments by having one, two or more roommates. Well that is coming to an end as well because people cannot afford their share, and are going back to the woods where they came from. You've got eegits sitting in apartments with rents well over $3k per month without a clue how they are going to pay now that one or more of their buddies have split.
The Rona must be less lethal than I anticipated OR some of these people's roommates are waiting this out in Wisconsin and still paying rent, which would reduce the spread in their demographic. Because the 30s hipsters for some reason aren't dropping like flies or clogging up the emergency rooms. Which means the antoxidants from the craft beer and having a skinny fat physique is protective from the virus. Or they are limiting their outings to once or twice a week and blogging for Arianna Huffington/Gothamist in their underwear. Still many questions...

Old 06-05-2020, 10:55 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,239,034 times
I’m not going to no protest. I’m staying home. I just watch my favorite crooked face David Muir daily. What a snack!

Old 06-05-2020, 11:42 AM

2,082 posts, read 1,128,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
The Rona must be less lethal than I anticipated OR some of these people's roommates are waiting this out in Wisconsin and still paying rent, which would reduce the spread in their demographic. Because the 30s hipsters for some reason aren't dropping like flies or clogging up the emergency rooms. Which means the antoxidants from the craft beer and having a skinny fat physique is protective from the virus. Or they are limiting their outings to once or twice a week and blogging for Arianna Huffington/Gothamist in their underwear. Still many questions...
They developed immunity via all them tats, all that scarification and them there nose rings. Millenials will last for like ever.

Old 06-05-2020, 02:55 PM

37,157 posts, read 39,418,669 times
I’m also wondering if this gives credence to ideas suggested early on that warm weather does make a difference for transmission. On top of that, there was also tentative research that a reduction in particulate pollution also slows transmission. If those are true, then there’s maybe cause to be wary about what happens when the weather cools again, the daylight hours shorten, and industry ramps back up along with particulate pollution. Then again, we’d supposedly be much more prepared if there is a second ride at the rodeo.

Old 06-05-2020, 03:06 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,769,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I’m also wondering if this gives credence to ideas suggested early on that warm weather does make a difference for transmission. On top of that, there was also tentative research that a reduction in particulate pollution also slows transmission. If those are true, then there’s maybe cause to be wary about what happens when the weather cools again, the daylight hours shorten, and industry ramps back up along with particulate pollution. Then again, we’d supposedly be much more prepared if there is a second ride at the rodeo.
It will be interesting to see what's in store...maybe we've reached herd immunity and we just don't know it. A stretch but one can hope...because the thought of another lockdown come winter... No, no, no. My head reels at the very thought.

Old 06-05-2020, 03:55 PM

37,157 posts, read 39,418,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
It will be interesting to see what's in store...maybe we've reached herd immunity and we just don't know it. A stretch but one can hope...because the thought of another lockdown come winter... No, no, no. My head reels at the very thought.
Well, if not herd immunity, then we at least are more prepared and aren’t flying blind, plus we have a populace far more willing to don masks and employers that are much more understanding about sick days or working from home.

Old 06-05-2020, 04:56 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
As usual for BdeB (a man who could ruin a wet dream), the contact tracing scheme is a hot mess.

https://gothamist.com/news/some-nyc-...hiring-process

For one thing the usual suspects who are BdeB's biggest peeps rose up and insisted a good number if not majority of tracers for their areas be local hires. People who had tracer job offers now are being told "don't want ya, don't need ya", and city has to scramble to start again...
I'm not a guy, but I'm assuming that BdeB just showing up in the dream would do that, wouldn't it? At least with a het man, and probably most gay guys, too.

Old 06-05-2020, 05:13 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I'm not a guy, but I'm assuming that BdeB just showing up in the dream would do that, wouldn't it? At least with a het man, and probably most gay guys, too.
You're thinking about things too hard.

A wet dream is easy, so anyone who could ruin something so automatic has to be inept to a major degree.

https://www.quora.com/What-does-it-m...in-a-wet-dream

FWIW the line is used in chick flick "Waiting To Exhale":

"Angela tells Stella, "I hope you used a condom because those people have a history of AIDS." In response, Stella tells her sister, "You could spoil a wet dream."

If you want a more female related analogy there is the saying someone "can't boil water".

Old 06-06-2020, 09:52 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
You're thinking about things too hard.

A wet dream is easy, so anyone who could ruin something so automatic has to be inept to a major degree.

https://www.quora.com/What-does-it-m...in-a-wet-dream

FWIW the line is used in chick flick "Waiting To Exhale":

"Angela tells Stella, "I hope you used a condom because those people have a history of AIDS." In response, Stella tells her sister, "You could spoil a wet dream."

If you want a more female related analogy there is the saying someone "can't boil water".
So you were born without a sense of humor, Bugsy? I am sorry to hear that.

I know the expression, dear. Explanation was unnecessary.

I've decided not to further explore how "can't boil water" could be a "more female related analogy".

Have a pleasant evening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City