Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 05:00 PM

8,679 posts, read 11,069,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Yep. And based on I'm reading, you appear to be correct. She's an Obama, Kerry, Buttigieg donor: https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a9533581.html

I've always said that the most interracial racism I've ever faced as a black male in NYC or elsewhere in the country has been from white leftists. Many of them talk a good game, but don't actually live that way.

interesting link. Not surprised at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 05:10 PM

3,743 posts, read 1,440,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
She got fired from her investment job and she lost her rescue dog while at it. This incident was very silly. This Karen sure has mental problems for her to melt like that.

Old 05-26-2020, 05:15 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
interesting link. Not surprised at all.
I think a hint about her self-identified liberalism is in the video. In the midst of being racist, she maintains the term "African American" for this black man. I've noticed that of my white friends who insist on the term African American, it's always the ones who consider themselves the most liberal/open-minded.

Clearly she thinks of herself that way and then pulls this!

Old 05-26-2020, 05:20 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,714,443 times
I don't like her behavior but how do companies have the legal right to fire someone over things they do outside of work that happen to get caught on video? I'm naive to this, please educate me

Old 05-26-2020, 05:33 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,362,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Good... Another example of disgusting behavior caught on video. No way to excuse it either.

She is quite fortunate that she was not criminally charged for lying and for threatening a man's life. I honestly think she said without saying that she'd get the police to come and kill him. She knows how the system works...kill an unarmed black man because he is "threatening."

Old 05-26-2020, 05:38 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
I don't like her behavior but how do companies have the legal right to fire someone over things they do outside of work that happen to get caught on video? I'm naive to this, please educate me
When people post where they work on linkedin, they are tying their employer's reputation into theirs. She harmed her employer's reputation. This is a VP. Before this, googling her name would likely bring a result showing her employer.

Now if you want to stay with your opinion, I'd be ok with it with 2 caveats: (1) you can't list employers on social media, and (2) You can't list specific employers on your resume.

Deal?

Old 05-26-2020, 05:47 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,362,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwesterns45 View Post
It is infuriating to watch her act like that but her life is nearly ruined. She’s been fired and everybody will know who she is for now on unless she changes her name or gets plastic surgery. I hope she doesn’t have the audacity to sue.
No disrespect but she will be alright. She is white and will get chances to redeem herself (not a privilege open to Blacks typically). She might even use this to her advantage in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Yep. And based on I'm reading, you appear to be correct. She's an Obama, Kerry, Buttigieg donor: https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a9533581.html

I've always said that the most interracial racism I've ever faced as a black male in NYC or elsewhere in the country has been from white leftists. Many of them talk a good game, but don't actually live that way.
Racism is racism but this kind is so annoying because they pretend to be oh so open and "color blind." They (not all but most) think it's okay to use slang when talking to black people as if they're relating to us. And then you have the Biden types who think they know what's best for black people and behave as if we owe them something (our votes). Like check your racist crime law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
I thought she was just put on administrative leave. She works or worked for Franklin Templeton.
She also had to put the dog (which is a shelter dog) back due to animal cruelty. As she's ranting, half out of her mind, you notice she's kind of choking the dog.

I had to wonder if she was doing it to get the dog upset so that maybe the dog would bite the man. TBH, the dog looked as if it was hardly able to catch its breath. She literally lifted the dog from the ground a few times by the neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
She got fired from her investment job and she lost her rescue dog while at it. This incident was very silly. This Karen sure has mental problems for her to melt like that.
No, not mental problems. Please don't make excuses for her. She is straight up entitled and pretty sure she has gotten away with it for a long time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I think a hint about her self-identified liberalism is in the video. In the midst of being racist, she maintains the term "African American" for this black man. I've noticed that of my white friends who insist on the term African American, it's always the ones who consider themselves the most liberal/open-minded.

Clearly she thinks of herself that way and then pulls this!
LOL yeah, I had to kind of step back. I was like...look at her being politically correct while racist ranting.

Old 05-26-2020, 05:51 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
funny both her and the man have the same last name.
glad she got fired, ha ha ha.
and the dog should have of been on a leash and thank god for video is right.

Old 05-26-2020, 06:09 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
She is quite fortunate that she was not criminally charged for lying and for threatening a man's life. I honestly think she said without saying that she'd get the police to come and kill him. She knows how the system works...kill an unarmed black man because he is "threatening."
Always an angle to blame the police.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 05-26-2020, 06:20 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,005,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
This is America and most states are at-will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City