Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2020, 10:31 PM

3,743 posts, read 1,440,675 times

Advertisements

Here's the full story. It looks like both cooper's are Karen's. Lol

https://youtu.be/zVl2nfe2Ivo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2020, 04:47 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
She was not fired, placed on administrative leave

Please stick to the facts if you are going to discuss
She was fired. First she was placed on administrative leave, then after an investigation, fired. News links were updated to reflect this.

Old 05-27-2020, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
She is quite fortunate that she was not criminally charged for lying and for threatening a man's life. I honestly think she said without saying that she'd get the police to come and kill him. She knows how the system works...kill an unarmed black man because he is "threatening."
She has already suffered enough from her boneheaded behavior. Oh the rules don't apply to me. If she would've leashed her dog, this would've never happened.

Old 05-27-2020, 04:50 AM

106,568 posts, read 108,713,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Clearly entitled. She has the dog in a known area for bird watching in Central Park running around without a leash on and becomes pissy when she is asked to leash her dog. Gotta love it. lol
I agree ... my wife was attacked by a dog out of no where in a park that was off leash ..

i am constantly telling people to leash and control their dog when it comes near us . i have had many fights over it ... the dogs in these parks are not allowed off leash in the first place ....

i don't really care unless the dog comes up on us , then i will tell them to leash the dog . ...

Old 05-27-2020, 04:52 AM

106,568 posts, read 108,713,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
She was not fired, placed on administrative leave

Please stick to the facts if you are going to discuss
she was fired at this point

Old 05-27-2020, 04:55 AM

9,246 posts, read 24,066,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Agreed. She is very liberal minded woman.

Obviously not. Whatever "liberal" persona she ever presented was an act. The real Amy Cooper revealed herself in Central Park.

Old 05-27-2020, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Always an angle to blame the police.
He or she isn't blaming the police. They are simply saying that this woman tried to use the poor racial angle of a "scared white woman" being "attacked" by a "big bad black man" to get the cops to rush to the scene. She was using that as a threat to say I don't have to leash my dog, and if you push me, I will get the cops on you. Sad but comical at the same time. She knew what she was doing, and she knows that line has worked in the past, as sometimes the only evidence is the 911 call to cops with no video.

Old 05-27-2020, 05:11 AM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
He or she isn't blaming the police. They are simply saying that this woman tried to use the poor racial angle of a "scared white woman" being "attacked" by a "big bad black man" to get the cops to rush to the scene. She was using that as a threat to say I don't have to leash my dog, and if you push me, I will get the cops on you. Sad but comical at the same time. She knew what she was doing, and she knows that line has worked in the past, as sometimes the only evidence is the 911 call to cops with no video.
And the cops did not rush there and blame the other party.

Btw, I am delighted her corp fired her, as now her colleagues need not work with this deranged person.

Old 05-27-2020, 05:52 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,351,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
She's lucky she has a common name like Amy Cooper. I bet there are a hundred Amy Coopers on linkedin. When you're really screwed is if you have an uncommon name and you're easy to Google.

On the other hand, if anyone googles Amy Cooper and the name of the company that fired her, about a thousand news articles are going to come up.
Agreed. Amy Cooper vs. Amy Abcdefghi. Social Media and the internet really sucks for unique or less common names, especially for those who might not have even done what they were accused of---not talking about this situation specifically, but generally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
No fines for making a false report nor animal abuse for dragging that poor dog around by the neck. If I was seen on youtube dragging a dog around like that I might get protests outside of my house daily and my employer may fire me too.
To be fair, at this time of COVID, they are letting A LOT of things go in terms of crimes, even ones more serious than this one.

Quote:
She has already suffered enough from her boneheaded behavior. Oh the rules don't apply to me. If she would've leashed her dog, this would've never happened.
I don't get these dog owners. I love dogs but seriously, half of these owners are jerks. She's far from the only one.

Old 05-27-2020, 06:20 AM

3,357 posts, read 4,629,510 times
Good they fired her. Let a decent human being have her job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City