Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2020, 06:15 PM

1,521 posts, read 1,817,544 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgDCM91f7NY

That's her life as she knew it in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2020, 06:19 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,367,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Yep
Remember how they treated Mike Vick Before and after his prison sentence, he said sorry and does great work for the humane society it’s still not good enough.
Amy maybe a Liberal, but she still gets a pass from conservatives because she’s white.

The pass will come from all sides not just conservative.

Old 05-27-2020, 08:49 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,155,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Haitian, from Haiti
Jamaican, from Jamaica
Bahamian, (is that correct) from Bahamas

Oh come on, your not going to go that far back in time.
What!! Lol

You said descent, didn’t you? I’m going back a few hundred years. What are you smoking?

Jamaica, Haiti and the Bahamas et al, are derivations of old slave colonies as modern incarnations of that past. The past historical fates of their people is exactly the same as those experienced in he United States and before it. For a matter of fact the slavery experienced by these places was a bit more brutal. I’ve spent time with people who where born in these places who might agree with you, but I can only imagine their state of mind was born from that brutal history.

Black, African American or whatever. Don’t be confused that the world sees your skin first and does not have time to ponder what comes after, or care to. There is a very wealthy Caribbean man who is of the highest of the elite where he hails. My town is a well to do town. He has no friends at all. Not one. Despite being a pretty funny guy.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:05 PM

1,521 posts, read 1,817,544 times
Also, this: Minneapolis venture capitalist loses office lease after viral video accuses him of racial profiling
https://www.startribune.com/mpls-ven...ing/570809082/

Old 05-27-2020, 11:22 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Yep
Remember how they treated Mike Vick Before and after his prison sentence, he said sorry and does great work for the humane society it’s still not good enough.
Amy maybe a Liberal, but she still gets a pass from conservatives because she’s white.
Being a liberal gets a free pass for making racist statements. Bill Mahr gets to use the n-word freely without getting any scrutiny. Can you believe what would happen if a non-liberal commentator use the N-word?

That's why I hope minorities call out people like Joe Biden for being another racist. He voted for segregation in the past and now he claims if you don't vote for him you ain't black.

Old 05-28-2020, 12:39 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,644,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Yep. And based on I'm reading, you appear to be correct. She's an Obama, Kerry, Buttigieg donor: https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a9533581.html

I've always said that the most interracial racism I've ever faced as a black male in NYC or elsewhere in the country has been from white leftists. Many of them talk a good game, but don't actually live that way.
Exactly. Sociologists have done research on that type of racism. They call it "microaggresions" or subtle racism. It is actually very common among liberals on the far left as well as those on the far right. Those are the types of whites who believe they are not racist and are supposedly proud to vote for Obama. But then something like this happens - a white woman is caught feigning "attack" from a black man who was simply asking her politely to use a leash for her dog.

To be fair, a lot of women do deal with gender discrimation when alone: sexual harassment, catcalling, or worse - sexual assault, stalking, etc. As a middle-aged minority guy, I have come to understand due process and not jumping to negative conclusions. I am aware women generally have to keep a high alert for possible harassment or criminal behavior from sexist men. Gender discrimination is very real.

But this case is too overwhelmingly bad for the woman's racist behavior. Such racism was very common a the undergraduate Catholic college I attended in the midwest. In my opinion, the racism from those suburban white women was more frequent and intense than those I observed in the "Deep South". Many of those white women were from suburbs of "white-flight" neighborhoods of the midwest and east coast like NY. The white woman's racism reminds me of experiences I had as an undergraduate at a supposedly Non-Racist Catholic University. By contrast, I remember a white female classmate in Florida who wasn't racist at all and was very polite - a Bible-Belt Protestant from a southern sorority in Georgia. Go figure.

To be fair, I am sure there are white women from NY who are as appalled as anyone about the racism from that woman with the unleashed dog. I just hope they stay consistent with that if they are.

Old 05-28-2020, 03:23 AM

10,914 posts, read 31,403,971 times
When I saw the video, the one thing that stood out was that she did not attempt to remove herself from the situation if she felt threatened, as per her story. If she were in a position of danger, or her dog were to be in danger, a reasonable person would remove themselves from the perceived aggressor, calling out for help, and/or calling the police as they ran away, or where they were in an area with more people and safety. Thus, that seems to cancel out the "fear factor," and speaks more to bias and entitlement.

She was also neglectful in her care of the dog, because the animal should never have been unsecured in an open environment where the dog could be injured, or injure another person or animal.

The victim has said that he accepts her apology if it is genuine, and that she respects the leash law. Perhaps if she would stop the whining and excuses, attempting to portray herself as a victim, said apology might resonate a little less shallow.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 05-28-2020, 04:08 AM
PVW

287 posts, read 165,113 times
The way she sounded and how she confronted him, it makes me wonder whether she was an escapee from a mental institution.

Old 05-28-2020, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVW View Post
The way she sounded and how she confronted him, it makes me wonder whether she was an escapee from a mental institution.
That worked for a major financial firm, living off Central Park. Sorry, she doesn’t get that pass.

Old 05-28-2020, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Being a liberal gets a free pass for making racist statements. Bill Mahr gets to use the n-word freely without getting any scrutiny. Can you believe what would happen if a non-liberal commentator use the N-word?

That's why I hope minorities call out people like Joe Biden for being another racist. He voted for segregation in the past and now he claims if you don't vote for him you ain't black.
Wrong!! https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...rd-on-his-show

Many, many whites are capable of this. Well, we know who the true aggressors are in this country. The spin is over.

To think that someone (like me) who was raised in a conservative family that consists of mostly white people, feels this way, should tell you something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City