Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2020, 05:18 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,156,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr555 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgDCM91f7NY

That's her life as she knew it in there.
Or this;

This could be a childhood photo of her. I don’t know. Maybe..

I bet if you take those silly outfits off, these are all “good people”. I’m sure you’d find the funny one, witty one, brainy one and downright bashful Petunia.

Last edited by UrbanQuest; 05-28-2020 at 05:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2020, 07:13 AM

18,473 posts, read 31,648,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
When I saw the video, the one thing that stood out was that she did not attempt to remove herself from the situation if she felt threatened, as per her story. If she were in a position of danger, or her dog were to be in danger, a reasonable person would remove themselves from the perceived aggressor, calling out for help, and/or calling the police as they ran away, or where they were in an area with more people and safety. Thus, that seems to cancel out the "fear factor," and speaks more to bias and entitlement.

She was also neglectful in her care of the dog, because the animal should never have been unsecured in an open environment where the dog could be injured, or injure another person or animal.

The victim has said that he accepts her apology if it is genuine, and that she respects the leash law. Perhaps if she would stop the whining and excuses, attempting to portray herself as a victim, said apology might resonate a little less shallow.

exactly,

she actually seemed like she was getting very aggitated and had the nerve to storm right over to him, told him to stop filming here and then was in his face....

she didnt look too frightened to me,

so, when she saw that that wasnt working, she was basically giving him an ultimatem (sp), you either stop filming me, or I am going to call police and tell them an african american man is threatening me and my dog, and as she was on the phone, the longer she was on, the more hysterical she became.

Im not buying her "frightened" excuse at all.
If one was going to be that frightened, one would not be in central park alone with a dog not on a leash.

she portrayed herself like a complete nut case.

Old 05-28-2020, 07:43 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
exactly,

she actually seemed like she was getting very aggitated and had the nerve to storm right over to him, told him to stop filming here and then was in his face....

she didnt look too frightened to me,

so, when she saw that that wasnt working, she was basically giving him an ultimatem (sp), you either stop filming me, or I am going to call police and tell them an african american man is threatening me and my dog, and as she was on the phone, the longer she was on, the more hysterical she became.

Im not buying her "frightened" excuse at all.
If one was going to be that frightened, one would not be in central park alone with a dog not on a leash.

she portrayed herself like a complete nut case.
If I was her. I would have started dancing.

Old 05-28-2020, 10:14 AM
PVW

287 posts, read 165,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
That worked for a major financial firm, living off Central Park. Sorry, she doesn’t get that pass.
Meaning that she sounded hysterical. There's no way I'd interact like that with a woman who sounded so crazy. But again, I grew up in NYC and was taught to mind my business and not to go around confronting anybody over something that should have been handled by the authorities. Too many crazies in New York, even if they live near CP and work for major financial companies.

She didn't want to go to the area where dogs are supposed to be, because it was scary, that was what seemed to be the case from what I saw of the video/transcript? So she's in an area where her dog should be leashed? None of my business, unless the dog was right up on me. Minding one's business goes a long way, a lot of people should have learned that life lesson from the time they were small.

Racializing the police, that is the narrative. As for a black man confronting a white woman if he's Af-Am, he forgot his ancestors' history, this is a lesson black men have known forever. I'm just blown away he confronted her. It's a sign of the times that the political culture has changed that she could be called on it.

Last edited by PVW; 05-28-2020 at 10:29 AM..

Old 05-28-2020, 10:53 AM

1,486 posts, read 989,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr555 View Post
Also, this: Minneapolis venture capitalist loses office lease after viral video accuses him of racial profiling
https://www.startribune.com/mpls-ven...ing/570809082/
Unfortunately this happens all the time and without video no one would believe. I personally have been on the end of this type of behavior when staying in luxury apartments or luxury hotels. As soon as the see they color of my skin they immediately think I work there and treats me like the help or they assume im loitering and try to get security to throw me out. Even in office buildings in order for them to not assume im there to rob the place i have to keep my building ID pinned on my shirt pocket visible at all times just to avoid the BS meanwhile they get to keep theirs in their purse or wallet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
When I saw the video, the one thing that stood out was that she did not attempt to remove herself from the situation if she felt threatened, as per her story. If she were in a position of danger, or her dog were to be in danger, a reasonable person would remove themselves from the perceived aggressor, calling out for help, and/or calling the police as they ran away, or where they were in an area with more people and safety. Thus, that seems to cancel out the "fear factor," and speaks more to bias and entitlement.

She was also neglectful in her care of the dog, because the animal should never have been unsecured in an open environment where the dog could be injured, or injure another person or animal.

The victim has said that he accepts her apology if it is genuine, and that she respects the leash law. Perhaps if she would stop the whining and excuses, attempting to portray herself as a victim, said apology might resonate a little less shallow.
Hit the nail on the head. As i said before she even came up to him as the aggressor and all the time she was choking the hell out of the dog. And the funniest of all this was the people that revealed who she was was the same people that used to walk her dog

Last edited by SoullessOne; 05-28-2020 at 11:32 AM..

Old 05-28-2020, 01:17 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,554,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
The pass will come from all sides not just conservative.
Oh I agree,
I was Just pointing out the hypocrisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Being a liberal gets a free pass for making racist statements. Bill Mahr gets to use the n-word freely without getting any scrutiny. Can you believe what would happen if a non-liberal commentator use the N-word?

That's why I hope minorities call out people like Joe Biden for being another racist. He voted for segregation in the past and now he claims if you don't vote for him you ain't black.
Fk Joe Biden
Dude showed America his true colors in that interview. He's not too much different from Trump, but thats for another thread

Old 05-28-2020, 04:33 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,082,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Yep. And based on I'm reading, you appear to be correct. She's an Obama, Kerry, Buttigieg donor: https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a9533581.html

I've always said that the most interracial racism I've ever faced as a black male in NYC or elsewhere in the country has been from white leftists. Many of them talk a good game, but don't actually live that way.

Doesn't sound like it. Just the opposite according to her ex:https://nypost.com/2020/05/28/amy-co...ing-for-obama/

"Amy Cooper allegedly stalked ex-love interest, slammed him for Obama vote"

This and other questions/discrepancies about who she may be and where she came from are leading me to believe maybe The Independent zeroed in on the wrong Amy.

Last edited by bluedog2; 05-28-2020 at 04:58 PM..

Old 05-28-2020, 08:11 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,896,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Coming soon. a Waterloo educated barista who used to be a V.P.
Sounds like most of the people here in Austin...

Old 05-28-2020, 08:20 PM

30,640 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Doesn't sound like it. Just the opposite according to her ex:https://nypost.com/2020/05/28/amy-co...ing-for-obama/

"Amy Cooper allegedly stalked ex-love interest, slammed him for Obama vote"

This and other questions/discrepancies about who she may be and where she came from are leading me to believe maybe The Independent zeroed in on the wrong Amy.
Do you think she was upset that he backed Obama over Hillary?

Old 05-28-2020, 09:20 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,156,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Or this;

This could be a childhood photo of her. I don’t know. Maybe..

I bet if you take those silly outfits off, these are all “good people”. I’m sure you’d find the funny one, witty one, brainy one and downright bashful Petunia.
Ok the picture was removed. I sure hope there are no images posted on this forum that have children in them. Or maybe it’s because this child looked a certain way.

Btw, there are children in the video with the dancing pallbearers. They weren’t blonde though, even though unlike the blonde child, they are still minors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City